User Tag List

Thread: Schizandra?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Schizandra?

I've seen information suggesting that the schizandra lignans may act as an AChE inhibitor. However, I've also read that it can elevate dopamine, abiet the instance where I read this involved rats, rather than humans. At a guess, I'm inclined to lean towards the former over the latter. Is there any solid evidence as to schizandra's mechanism in terms of its effects on neutotransmitters? What are some experiences people have had with this substance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just started taking it again and it's greatest strength for me is the way it completely obliterates my CFS. It doesn't make you feel high or give some artificial elevated state. It just prevents tiredness normally associated with the wear and tear of your day. It also has benefits on stress reduction, erectile function and memory with chronic use. I have also noticed benefits with my breathing, sleep and sense of smell. Also your skin will start looking tons better. You can take it everyday. I buy mine as whole berries (dried) and eat 1/4 of a teaspoon each day. Too much can give a headache.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting; sounds great. Any of you get your hands on Cordyceps yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rjm07 View Post
    I buy mine as whole berries (dried) and eat 1/4 of a teaspoon each day. Too much can give a headache.
    Where do you get them like that?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the UK and buy from an online health food store. If you google 'buy Schizandra berries' I'm sure you'd get quite a few hits.

I'm unsure of its pharmacological working but I went on pubmed once and it turned up quite a few studies but I couldn't find anything unfortunately. Like most of these Chinese herbs it has a lot of constituents within it which are probably poorly explained as of yet by science. I have never come across anything that has clarified its exact MOA. I also have panax and cordyceps in my stash but haven't got around to trying them yet due to how well schizandra has worked for me.

Some people have attempted to go straight for the schisondrol A constituent which has been, AFAIAK, the most studied component of the herb which is apparantly responsible for its energy building effects. But as I said above, the berries come with lots of other elements which are responsible for its overall effects, plus they taste great too (sweet, spicy, salty, sour and bitter). Something I look forward to each day, although YMMV as some seem to have strange taste buds (i.e, I have come across people that think maca tastes amazing).

As with all chinese herbs they build in effect with chronic use. You might notice something in a few days (I do) or it may take a few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post

Thread Information