Here's what I've been doing lately. Its all based around what I've read on suppversity about IF and ampk/mtor (Thx Phys, great stuff)
ramping up AMPK
- 8:30pm 2tbsp MCT oil (to induce ketosis), 7gm fiber (sugar free) + sodium r-ala.
- Wake up 4am... black coffee when I get hungry (to help boost AMPK).
- noon eat meal / break the fast and ketosis, back to gluconeogenesis.
- 2:30 workout (usually lifting)
- 3:30 40g protein + 10g bcaa powder + 50g dextrose
- 5:00 meal (similar to the noon meal, 30g protein + 10g bcaa powder)
- 6:30 meal (again)
- 8:00 meal (again)
... fast until noon next day (besides mct oil in morning).
What are people's thoughts on inducing ketosis every day? Piss strips show ketosis in the morning (readings taken at 4am, 8, 10), so I think its working. Only problem I'm running into is my hands and feet are cold all day, even though its 70F in the office at work.
Am I doing anything incorrectly or could be improved upon? I'm a 30yr old male with 5 years lifting exp, 185lbs and about 13% bf. I'm up 15 lbs in 10 weeks of this blast with a small decrease in BF. I think I could drop BF faster if I could figure out this cold hands/feet thing. I assume my body is dropping my metabolic rate to compensate for the fast. Thanks in advance guys - d