User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UL for l-theanine

So recently I decided to cut down on my clonazepam consumption, and eliminate mirtazapine from my intervention leaving duluxotine, Adderall and less clonazepam. I decided to try using high does l-theanine to see how it would go. Long story short, it seems to have worked extremely well. My concern is that I often take between 1.5 to 2 grams of l-theanine over the course of the day. I haven't read anything about drawbacks of these massive doses so much, but I find it slightly disconcerting that in order to feel any effect, I must take at least 500mg at once. Anyway I was wondering if any of the good folks here at M&M have taken ~ 2 grams for an extended period of time and what your experience was like. Thanks in advance.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its' old dimensions"

~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i remember right, according to a certain source, it's very safe even at very high doses. Your dosage doesn't seem problematic at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strophy View Post
    Your dosage doesn't seem problematic at all.
    Really? 2g is 10 of the strongest dosed pills I can find, 20 of the standard 100mg caps. No issues though....well except for the cost. I might have to start looking for some pure powder. Problem is there is a patten on it (Suntheanine) so no matter what brand you buy the ingredient is coming from Taiyo International, Inc.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its' old dimensions"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you still feel that l-theanine helps you?? I find that shit extremely weak and not helpful in any way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyttsan View Post
    Do you still feel that l-theanine helps you?? I find that shit extremely weak and not helpful in any way..
    Personally, I used it for a while, but found the exact same thing ; I needed a huge daily dose to feel anything from it. In the long run, it'd have gotten too expensive for very little effect, so I ditched it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smartpowders offers bulk l-theanine,they're reputable.

Nightop had some good posts regarding theanine dosing a few years back on this forum,he warned against higher dosing.Though using higher doses of theaine over less deruggz seems like a win to me,I'd do a search for Nightop's postings on this.Dude knew what he was talking about and backed it up.

7. Thanks NeuralFrequency thanked for this post
    Likes Chip Douglas liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyttsan View Post
    Yeah, I have cut my clonazepam intake from ~2mg/day to ~1mg/day. I just have to take a WHOLE LOT of it though...Also I noticed stacking l-tyrosine with it really amps up the tyrosine. Almost too much sometimes in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas View Post
    Personally, I used it for a while, but found the exact same thing ; I needed a huge daily dose to feel anything from it. In the long run, it'd have gotten too expensive for very little effect, so I ditched it.
    Yeah, as nice as it is it looks like it very well may be cost prohibitive in the long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Smartpowders offers bulk l-theanine,they're reputable.

Nightop had some good posts regarding theanine dosing a few years back on this forum,he warned against higher dosing.Though using higher doses of theaine over less deruggz seems like a win to me,I'd do a search for Nightop's postings on this.Dude knew what he was talking about and backed it up.
    Smartpowders is pretty cheap, but I have heard some not so good things about their theanine.

Thanks for the reference to Nightop's posts, will check those out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me l-theanine does only give real effects when taken together with strong doses of coffeine/theine, but then it's great!

Thread Information