User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default roundup chemically castrating us?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...e-causes-1109/

found that over there... i wonder how horrible the exposure we get day to day could actually be....

sucks we cant even eat food without getting sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - I used this often... makes me wonder... I've never looked at my fertility... but do know I have Low T w/out apparent causation
    Mind & Muscle <--- I have found my people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In vitro rat study...IOW, essentially meaningless. Further, he doesn't even use the study itself as a reference, he uses all secondary, lay sources for this scholarly article...

J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev. 2012;15(1):39-96.
    Developmental and reproductive outcomes in humans and animals after glyphosate exposure: a critical analysis.

Williams AL, Watson RE, DeSesso JM.
    Source

Exponent, Inc, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

Abstract

Glyphosate is the active ingredient of several widely used herbicide formulations. Glyphosate targets the shikimate metabolic pathway, which is found in plants but not in animals. Despite the relative safety of glyphosate, various adverse developmental and reproductive problems have been alleged as a result of exposure in humans and animals. To assess the developmental and reproductive safety of glyphosate, an analysis of the available literature was conducted. Epidemiological and animal reports, as well as studies on mechanisms of action related to possible developmental and reproductive effects of glyphosate, were reviewed. An evaluation of this database found no consistent effects of glyphosate exposure on reproductive health or the developing offspring. Furthermore, no plausible mechanisms of action for such effects were elucidated. Although toxicity was observed in studies that used glyphosate-based formulations, the data strongly suggest that such effects were due to surfactants present in the formulations and not the direct result of glyphosate exposure. To estimate potential human exposure concentrations to glyphosate as a result of working directly with the herbicide, available biomonitoring data were examined. These data demonstrated extremely low human exposures as a result of normal application practices. Furthermore, the estimated exposure concentrations in humans are >500-fold less than the oral reference dose for glyphosate of 2 mg/kg/d set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA 1993). In conclusion, the available literature shows no solid evidence linking glyphosate exposure to adverse developmental or reproductive effects at environmentally realistic exposure concentrations.

PMID: 22202229

But glyphosphate is fully water soluble so if you are concerned, wash your veggies before you eat them...good practice even if you are not worried about it.
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would be that only those with some compromise in some form within the Methylation cycle would display symptoms or manifest into something substantial. If your really worried the effects of this and other pollutants why not simply take a few methylated B vitamins a few days a week?
    All the king's horses and all the king's men...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

methylated b vitamins?

what would they do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    But glyphosphate is fully water soluble so if you are concerned, wash your veggies before you eat them...good practice even if you are not worried about it.
    admittedly I wash my veggies, and I'm not worried about glyphosphate exposure, but would this really help (for those who do care)? Since this stuff is genetically encoded a lot could still be intracellular, untouched by rinsing.
    www.caloriesproper.com
    formerly known as "Tatsuo"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone hates Dr. Mercola but just pay attention to what Dr. Huber says about glyphosate and don't bitch.

He says glyphosate is a metal chelator, and reduces Mg2+, Mn2+ in vegetables and this results in reduced mineral content of vegetables sprayed with glyphosate among a lot of other things.

http://www.biofortified.org/2011/02/...ineral-uptake/

will update this post with more info later

Product Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a little off point, but using empty plastic bowls for preheating in microwave will increase estrogen by a considerable amount....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt1 View Post
    a little off point, but using empty plastic bowls for preheating in microwave will increase estrogen by a considerable amount....
    I'm surprised I don't have gyno...

Thread Information