User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finally an official mementine + stim study!

Doesn't look like they are concerned with tolerance attenuation however. Also the intervention calls for MPH not amp and the UL for mementine is only 10mg BID. I guess it's a start...

Memantine for Executive Dysfunction in Adults With ADHD: A Pilot Study (NCT:1533493)
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its' old dimensions"

~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

2. Thanks stephthegeek, Tussmann thanked for this post
    Likes freesix88, Epsilon Alpha liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I like to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Really, awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is by the same guy who did some of the modafinil for ADHD studies, so expect 3 1/1000000 side effects to show up in a group of 100 kids...
    Buuuut. NERDGASM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

memantine and depression :
    memantine

Obsessive compulsive disorder

A Single-Blinded Case-Control Study of Memantine in Severe Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Conclusions: This study provides preliminary supportive evidence for the effectiveness of memantine as a glutamatergic augmenting agent in severe OCD. Future randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trials are warranted.

Differential Efficacy of Memantine for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder vs. Generalized Anxiety Disorder: An Open-Label Trial.
    Conclusions: These results suggest that memantine may have preferential efficacy in the treatment of OCD versus GAD. These preliminary findings warrant larger, placebo-controlled studies in OCD.

Memantine augmentation in treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder: an open-label trial.
    SUMMARY: In this open-label augmentation trial of memantine in treatment-resistant OCD, almost half the subjects had a meaningful improvement in symptoms. Our study was limited by its small size, presence of comorbidities, and lack of control. Large double-blind placebo-controlled trials are needed to further test our findings.

Memantine augmentation for refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder.
    We report two cases of refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder treated with an augmentation of memantine at 15 mg/day. The first case did not benefit from such treatment, while the second showed immediate and substantial improvement.

Major depression

A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of memantine in the treatment of major depression.
    CONCLUSIONS: In an 8-week trial, the low-to-moderate-affinity NMDA antagonist memantine in doses of 5-20 mg/day was not effective in the treatment of major depressive disorder.

Note that in trials where higher doses were used it was effective for major depression, the minimum dose for depression is 30 or 40mg.

An open-label, flexible-dose study of memantine in major depressive disorder.
    Memantine demonstrated early-onset efficacy in patients with MDD. The treatment was well tolerated. This study suggests that double-blind, placebo-controlled studies of memantine in depression are merited.

Double-blind, randomized comparison of memantine and escitalopram for the treatment of major depressive disorder comorbid with alcohol dependence.
    CONCLUSIONS: These data provide new evidence for the safety and potential efficacy of memantine and escitalopram for major depressive disorder in patients with comorbid alcohol dependence.

Post traumatic stress disorder

Pilot trial of memantine in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder.
    These data suggest potential positive treatment outcomes, both cognitively and psychiatrically, and provide rationale for future double-blind, placebo-controlled studies of memantine in PTSD.

ADHD

A pilot evaluation of the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and effectiveness of memantine in pediatric patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder combined type.
    CONCLUSIONS: This pilot study suggests that a memantine dose of 20 mg/day may be a safe and possibly effective treatment for pediatric ADHD. Further investigations of memantine in ADHD appear to be warranted.

http://www.stuckinadoorway.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30643
    Mr. Bean is a patient of Mercola right?

YES, bravo Ubiyca

7. Likes racingmind liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those on the combo, I was wondering if Memantine:

1. Prevents tolerance to the anti-anhedonic aspects of AMP (or its analogues), or the euphoria? I'm interested in the former; not so much the latter. Is the state it puts you in akin to hypomania? Or more
    one of increased positive affect?

2. How did you sleep on Memantine?

3. Did it reduce or increase your AMP requirements?

For what it's worth, I'm actually thinking of adding it to Parnate. I get a pretty decent stimulant effect with each 10mg dose at 30mg total per day, but the increases in positive affect are fading, and I'm worried about the stimulant effect fading altogether.
    poison saves, poison kills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. it prevents tolerance to the euphoric effects mostly. I've used 20 mg memantine a day and although tolerance to the euphoric effect still happen, it went much slower, so if I took a 2 day break and took some AMP again that euphoria was back. so its puts you in a state hypomania, depends how much amp you take ofcourse. you still have to take breaks if you want that euphoria back. I have pretty terrible anhedonia so I always want that effects. I think memantine worked against that part. I mean the anti anhedonia effects.
    2. I could not this take this combo with some strong anxiolytic like klonopin. I don't know how parnate anti anxiety effects are. but I'm pretty severe social phobic that is always anxious so that's is probably not the case with you. I slept fine.
    3. Probably less. I ran out of money could not pay the memantine anymore but I found a cheap address but I don't know if it's real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freesix88 View Post
    1. it prevents tolerance to the euphoric effects mostly. I've used 20 mg memantine a day and although tolerance to the euphoric effect still happen, it went much slower, so if I took a 2 day break and took some AMP again that euphoria was back. so its puts you in a state hypomania, depends how much amp you take ofcourse. you still have to take breaks if you want that euphoria back. I have pretty terrible anhedonia so I always want that effects. I think memantine worked against that part. I mean the anti anhedonia effects.
    I personally think there's a difference between 'positive affect' or lack of anhedonia and euphoria. I've felt very flat and euphoric, as well as happy and euthymic yet without euphoria. I think sustained euphoria would probably be a bad thing: it just leads to endless pleasure-seeking. I'd rather have Memantine prevent tolerance to the increased sense of joy - i.e. brighter colours, enthusiasm etc. - I experience on stims.

2. I could not this take this combo with some strong anxiolytic like klonopin. I don't know how parnate anti anxiety effects are. but I'm pretty severe social phobic that is always anxious so that's is probably not the case with you. I slept fine.
    I'm not sure about Parnate's anti-anxiety effects. Right now, it's increasing my anxiety. But my dose is still low. I suffer from severe anxiety due to OCD and am hoping Parnate (and possibly Memantine) could help with that.

3. Probably less. I ran out of money could not pay the memantine anymore but I found a cheap address but I don't know if it's real.
    Hmm, that could be a problem since I'm extremely sensitive to stims as it is.
    poison saves, poison kills

Thread Information