User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 127
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How to get my libido back??Labs inclded

    Hi

    I have been suffering from lack of libido from last 6 years .I have not done any cycle or not taken any hormones as i am not into muscle building.
    I was treated by several antidepressants for this lack of libido thinking it as sign of depression .lab reports:
    vitamin b12 --------- 165 pg/ml ref. range:211 to 911 pg/ml(i am veg)
    Teststrne free .........7.93 pg/ml ref. range : 8.8 to 27 pg/ml(tested before taking prami)
    testosterone total ................670 ng/ml ref. range : 300 to 1080 ng/ml
    below tests i took after1 week of prami:.............
    estradiol ..............................36.34 pg/ml ref. range :10 to 50 pg/ml
    SHBG....................................26.70nmol/l ref. range :17.1 to 77.6 nmol/l
    prolactin .................................6.71 ng/ml ref.range: 2.10 to 17.70 ng/ml
    fsh..............................................3 .39mIU/ml ref. 1.40 to 18.10
    lh ..............................................5.65 mIU/ml ref. 1.50 to 9.30







    Doctor did not give me TRT thinking that my total T is alright so no use of TRT.Although my free t is low.
    Now currently my doc prescribed wellbutrin xl300 once daily and along with it pramipexole 0.25mg 3 times a dayand vitamin b12 1500mcg in three divided doses.From last 1 month i am taking above medicines.Wellbutrin i am taking from last 2 months but to no avail.Prami i started with 0. 375 in 3 divided doses for 10 daysand i increased it to 0.75mg(i took 0.75 mg for 10 days) and now from last 5 days i am taking 1mg in 4 divided doses of .25 mg each.Initially when i started i felt some spontaneous erections sometimes in a day and slight improving of my mood but libido intrest didnot came as i was expecting.So i wanna ask when does pramipexole kicks in and how much long i should take 1 mg before increasing it further (i think it has partially acted on me by having spontaneous erections sometimes in a daybut from last few days its effect is less) and also will libido come back on prami or any other idea by anybody seeing my labs????I am distreesed by this absolute no libido . Pls advice

  2. #2
    Senior Member Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Times Beach, MO
    Posts
    18,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your labs are unremarkable. Estrogen might be a touch on the high side but not likely enough to impact your libido.

    Are you in the US?
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...





  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,436
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your labs look pretty fair to me.

    My brother is on wellbutrin and his libido went to shit.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Your labs are unremarkable. Estrogen might be a touch on the high side but not likely enough to impact your libido.

    Are you in the US?
    nope.,i am not from states

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just wanted to add that your B-12 is low. The U.S. lower end of the range (200) is not a suggestion -- it's the minimum amount of B-12 required to prevent disease. In Europe, the lower limit is 500, which corresponds with memory loss and Alzheimer's, and in Japan it is 800. So, if I were you, I'd try to double that figure with B-12 injections of methylcobalamin.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vestpocket View Post
    I just wanted to add that your B-12 is low. The U.S. lower end of the range (200) is not a suggestion -- it's the minimum amount of B-12 required to prevent disease. In Europe, the lower limit is 500, which corresponds with memory loss and Alzheimer's, and in Japan it is 800. So, if I were you, I'd try to double that figure with B-12 injections of methylcobalamin.
    Ya .I am already taking methylcobalamine tablets 500mcg three times a day(total 1500 mcg) from last one and half month

  7. #7
    Senior Member Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Times Beach, MO
    Posts
    18,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your best bet is some counseling.

    In the absence of some sort of frank hormonal imbalance, libido issues are likely to have some psychosomatic component.

    That is not to say that your problem is not real, simply that the solution does not reside in a pill...
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...





  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The other interesting thing about your labs is that your free testosterone is at the bottome of the range, yet your SHBG and total testosterone appear to be normal. That, in itself, is pretty abnormal. Instead of 2% circulating free testosterone, you seem to have 0.5-1%. My first thought is lab error. My second thought is that you ought to experiment with testosterone replacement.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,726
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vestpocket View Post
    The other interesting thing about your labs is that your free testosterone is at the bottome of the range, yet your SHBG and total testosterone appear to be normal. That, in itself, is pretty abnormal. Instead of 2% circulating free testosterone, you seem to have 0.5-1%. My first thought is lab error. My second thought is that you ought to experiment with testosterone replacement.
    wrt to the free test, it would be important to know how that was measured (if at all / not calculated); and in the same context, I am missing albumin < also binds test
    visit my nutrition & exercise science blog!
    SuppVersity @ SuppVersity.blogspot.com

    As ProfDrAndro, I am also one of the heads behind

    BodyRX Radio @ www.bodyRXRadio.com
    and a frequent guest at Carl Lenore's
    SuperHumanRadio @ www.superhumanradio.com

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by physicus007 View Post
    wrt to the free test, it would be important to know how that was measured (if at all / not calculated); and in the same context, I am missing albumin < also binds test
    Hi.free test was measured by CLIA method as written in lab reports and albumin was 4.7 in my lab reports which comes in normal range.
    Pls tell that should i increase pramipexole dosage to 1.25 ?? I am currently taking 1mg from last 9 days(before it .75 mg taken for 10 days and .375 for 7 days).i think prami is slightly acting on me as i get sometimes spontaneous erections but libido part is missing,i dont feel it just gives sometimes erections in a day (it occurs very few times normally 3 hours after prami dose).But good thing is that after i started taking vit b12 and prami , my work productivity in job has increased and am more active these days for most part of day.But main concern is libido...i just want to feel it as for my age of young guy,it is absurd that am not having libido.

  11. #11
    Senior Member FunkOdyssey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manchester, CT
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there anything else wrong with your health? Is the lack of libido the only unusual sign/symptom you have? I ask because hormonal causes for low libido in young men are actually quite rare. More often the libido problems are secondary to other problems. Intuitively it's very appealing to equate testosterone to libido but in reality it is just one variable out of 100, and not one of the top ones either.
    "Also, can I rig some sort of enema out of household items?" -Tussman

    "I don't have the stamina for a 3-some, and I am a one-pump chump" -Ubiyca

  12. Likes Benson liked this post
  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's your fat intake like? How long have you been a vegetarian?
    Certified Personal Trainer- NASM,NPTI,NCSA
    Corrective Exercise Specialist- NASM
    Certified Bodybugg Practitioner - APEX

    "The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." - Psalms 14:1

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    946
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
    Like everyone is saying, we need some more details. I've been through bouts of crappy libido myself, as well as ejaculatory anhedonia. Remeron completely fixed this problem. Another thing is you have to change things up in the bedroom with your spouse, or even if you're just jerking off to streaming porn. Slowly accustom yourself to anal play, you won't regret it. You can't have a bad orgasm if you have a girl sticking her tongue in your butt, fingering your prostate, or ramming you with a strap-on. The more mind-blowing orgasms you and your partner have will make you want to have sex more, at least in my case.

    Exercising intensely at least 3 times a week is a must. Also, swimming in cold water has been shown to possibly help. Good luck to your sir, and prepare thy anus.

  15. #14
    Senior Member kassem23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dimension Unknown
    Posts
    2,246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
    Exercising intensely at least 3 times a week is a must. Also, swimming in cold water has been shown to possibly help. Good luck to your sir, and prepare thy anus.
    Holy shit an amusing post... stomach cramps induced by laughter, argh.

  16. #15
    Member ProphetofProfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDigital View Post
    Like everyone is saying, we need some more details. I've been through bouts of crappy libido myself, as well as ejaculatory anhedonia. Remeron completely fixed this problem. Another thing is you have to change things up in the bedroom with your spouse, or even if you're just jerking off to streaming porn. Slowly accustom yourself to anal play, you won't regret it. You can't have a bad orgasm if you have a girl sticking her tongue in your butt, fingering your prostate, or ramming you with a strap-on. The more mind-blowing orgasms you and your partner have will make you want to have sex more, at least in my case.

    Exercising intensely at least 3 times a week is a must. Also, swimming in cold water has been shown to possibly help. Good luck to your sir, and prepare thy anus.
    Good advice sir.

    OP could also really switch it up with a sex change if nothing else works.

  17. #16
    Senior Member FunkOdyssey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manchester, CT
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Getting rammed with a strap-on is going to be at least as effective as TRT in this case so I think it deserves consideration.
    "Also, can I rig some sort of enema out of household items?" -Tussman

    "I don't have the stamina for a 3-some, and I am a one-pump chump" -Ubiyca

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If getting rammed with a strap on doesn't fix your problem, it should at least take your mind off of it.

  19. #18
    Senior Member adreno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
    Getting rammed with a strap-on is going to be at least as effective as TRT in this case so I think it deserves consideration.
    It raises testosterone?

  20. Likes kassem23 liked this post
  21. #19
    Senior Member kassem23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dimension Unknown
    Posts
    2,246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adreno View Post
    It raises testosterone?
    Yeah, anal androgen receptors are tingly.

  22. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
    Is there anything else wrong with your health? Is the lack of libido the only unusual sign/symptom you have? I ask because hormonal causes for low libido in young men are actually quite rare. More often the libido problems are secondary to other problems. Intuitively it's very appealing to equate testosterone to libido but in reality it is just one variable out of 100, and not one of the top ones either.
    I dont know but i had depression attack 6 years ago for which i took antidepressants prozac for 1 year and my libido before starting prozac was low and after taking prozac ,it went further low. My depressive symptoms subsided after 1 month but my problem of low libido continued untill now.Thereafter my doctor prescribed sertraline for 1 year, then escitalopram(lexapro) for almost 1.5 year thinking my libido problem due to depression.(i also took mirtazapine for 3months inbetween) I took around 50mg escitalopram for nearly six months whereas 40 mg is highest recommended.Also i took wellbutrin for 6 months 300mg but to no avail.My main symptoms were libido and slghtly lack of emotions.
    Then my doctor ordered above tests including free testosterone and vit b12 ,both of which came low.I am taking vit b12 from last 2 months in pill form of dose 500mcg three times a day along with pramipexole 1mg and wellbutrin 300mgxl.My doc said total testosterone is normal so no need to take TRT.But now i think my root cause of depressive symptoms was either low testosterone or vit b12.But i didnot notice any change in libido after vitb12 intake.But in last few days when i am taking pramipexole, i noticed spontaneous erections which are firmer as compared to earlier and sometimes i am gettin morning wood also (only twice per week i noticed that).I was not getting morning wood before taking pramipexole but alas morning wood also is not consistent ,it was evident only twice last week.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. back to back OFF days?
    By shugrblossm in forum General Training and Bodybuilding
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 26th, 2010, 05:40 AM
  2. 2 14 day slightly tweaked PMSF's back to back
    By Colin in forum General Training and Bodybuilding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM
  3. Vitaplus Is Back-long Time But We're Back
    By vitaplus in forum Bulking/Gaining Weight
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 26th, 2006, 12:16 AM
  4. EC on libido?
    By Truth Hurts in forum Advanced Hypothesis, Theory & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 13th, 2004, 06:06 AM
  5. back to back competitions
    By SJA in forum Supplements 101
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 9th, 2003, 02:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •