User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
    Sure. I don't think anyone can maintain it indefinitely because no one who has tried it has been able to maintain it indefinitely, and the sample size has grown considerably after kassem's early experience persuaded half the board to try it.
    I'm a celebrity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funk rumours has it that you play bf3. I'm a big fan of cod especially black ops. But bought bf3 three weeks ago for my ps3. So far i'm quite impressed, got that hdmi wire working and all. What's your add dude?
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anito View Post
    funk rumours has it that you play bf3. I'm a big fan of cod especially black ops. But bought bf3 three weeks ago for my ps3. So far i'm quite impressed, got that hdmi wire working and all. What's your add dude?
    I play on the PC, not the PS3. My soldier name is FunkOdyssey.
    "Also, can I rig some sort of enema out of household items?" -Tussman

"I don't have the stamina for a 3-some, and I am a one-pump chump" -Ubiyca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i should have guessed. So how am i gonna find u on a map so i can whop ya ass even though im still using pp 2000 lol. Btw must be so easy to play on the pc. Keyboard and mouse ftw.
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. I don't think anyone can maintain it indefinitely because no one who has tried it has been able to maintain it indefinitely, and the sample size has grown considerably after kassem's early experience persuaded half the board to try it.
    Not that my brain is in superb shape or anything, but count me in with those that couldn't maintain piracetam's effects. After some weeks of superb effects, I was thick-headed and irritable. Couldn't write an essay for the life of me. It was doing miracles for me at the beginning, later on it managed to make me so confused I had a hard time during finals. Thank you pir for messing my grades. Well, at least I still managed to pass.

I'll settle with Ritalin for a while, this experimenting thing get old.
    [quote name='Sonic' timestamp='1300976024' post='654942']I have consumed 5 liters of diet coke per day for the last 6 years and my psychiatrist says that I am perfectly fine with my antipsychotic regime.[/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's basically the same thing that happened to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Funk, have you definitively felt anything from the LDN yet? Has it been worth the nasty titration period, or do you think it's too early/too ambiguous to call?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nargle View Post
    Yo Funk, have you definitively felt anything from the LDN yet? Has it been worth the nasty titration period, or do you think it's too early/too ambiguous to call?
    So why is there all this emphasis on LDN, and not on LD atomoxetine? Anyone care to enlighten me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nargle View Post
    Did I definitively feel anything, no. At the same time, I don't have any good biomarkers to track. I'm trying to get into see a good rheumatologist for that purpose.

10. Thanks nargle thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Barleycorn View Post
    So why is there all this emphasis on LDN, and not on LD atomoxetine? Anyone care to enlighten me?
    This is an interesting consideration. I assume you're talking about 4-hydroxyatomoxetine's kappa agonism when you compare it to naltrexone. From what I can gather, the in vitro affinity of 4-hydroxyatomoxetine for the kappa opioid receptor is much lower than that of its parent compound for the NET: 4-hydroxyatomoxetine has an IC50 value of 88 nM for the kappa opioid receptor, and atomoxetine has an IC50 value of 5 nM for the NET (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...60894X04006523, http://www.springerlink.com/content/846870241176v7gx/). This might explain why there's been much less interest in atomoxetine for downregulation of kappa opioid receptors.

Another possible explanation would be the extreme variation in atomoxetine's half-life based on CYP2D6 polymorphism. Though atomoxetine has a half-life of 5 hours in fast metabolizers, it jumps to ~20 hours in slow metabolizers (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/489321_3). This would make it unsuitable for activating kappa receptors for only part of the day in this population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone in interested in a source of the racetam noopept, a UK supplier is here. 1 gram is UK£15. Noopept dosage is 5 - 15 mg per day, so a 1 gram of powder should last a couple of months. I've just ordered some, and will post up results when I get a chance to test it.

• Noopept is a racetam derivative; studies have shown it to be up to 1000 times stronger than piracetam.

• Noopept is indicated for the treatment of cerebral vascular insufficiency — so it should be good in ME/CFS.

• Noopept helps to restore memory and other cognitive functions, disturbed by the damaging effects of brain injury, local and global ischemia, prenatal damage (alcohol, hypoxia).

• Therapeutic effect of the drug in patients with organic disorders of central nervous system manifests itself, beginning with 5-7 days of treatment.

• Irritability can be a side effect.

Some links:

The Memory Enhancer “Noopept”

Noopept stimulates the expression of NGF and BDNF in rat hippocampus

MM forum: Noopept

Longecity: NOOPEPT

Though one thing useful about piracetam is that:

Piracetam improves mitochondrial dysfunction following oxidative stress
    "Piracetam treatment (100–500 mg/kg daily) of mice was also associated with improved mitochondrial function". So, given a 75 kilo person, piracetam in doses of 8 to 37 grams daily might help protect mitochondria in ME/CFS patients.

I am not sure whether noopept (or any other racetam) offers this mitochondrial protection that piracetam has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh! Hip, you betta delete that source before the admins bans your ass, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought supplement sources were allowed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sterling100 View Post
    I thought supplement sources were allowed?
    I have just read the forum rules, and there's nothing in them that states links to supplement sources should not be provided.

Though if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know, and I will delete the above source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hip View Post
    I have just read the forum rules, and there's nothing in them that states links to supplement sources should not be provided.

Though if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know, and I will delete the above source.
    I thought that Noopept would be characterized as a research-chemical (as it rightly should be), and thus in violation of the forum rules.

I apologize. Let the sourcing prevail!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassem23 View Post
    I thought that Noopept would be characterized as a research-chemical (as it rightly should be), and thus in violation of the forum rules.

I apologize. Let the sourcing prevail!
    I don't think noopept is classed as a research chemical (in spite of the peptide-like sounding name).

I wonder, though, how you would draw a distinction between a research chemical, and a new supplement? There are new supplements coming out all the time. There must be an official system of registering a new supplements. Research chemicals are usually characterized by the fact that they are not sold for human consumption (but what you do with them is your own choice).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one seems to have good experiences with piracetam. Why would noopept be any better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adreno View Post
    No one seems to have good experiences with piracetam. Why would noopept be any better?

I love piracetam. I've used it for years. It's definitely a great cognitive enhancer. The trick is the dosing: it apparently has a bell shaped (Gaussian) response curve: either too much or too little will reduce the cognitive enhancement effect. Plus there is the "attack dose" concept to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hip View Post
    I love piracetam. I've used it for years. It's definitely a great cognitive enhancer. The trick is the dosing: it apparently has a bell shaped (Gaussian) response curve: either too much or too little will reduce the cognitive enhancement effect. Plus there is the "attack dose" concept to consider.
    I think the trick is more than just dosing, because many people on this board have tried many different doses from small to large with poor results. We had enough collective belief going at one point to fuel some serious placebo effect too, and yet, no dice after the initial honeymoon period.

I guess this is how piracetam stays alive on the supplement market though, 99 people try it and it doesn't work, but most don't post extensively about their failed trials. One person posts a glowing report and the cycle continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the trick is more than just dosing, because many people on this board have tried many different doses from small to large with poor results. We had enough collective belief going at one point to fuel some serious placebo effect too, and yet, no dice after the initial honeymoon period.

I guess this is how piracetam stays alive on the supplement market though, 99 people try it and it doesn't work, but most don't post extensively about their failed trials. One person posts a glowing report and the cycle continues.
    Perhaps piracetam only benefits people with some type of cognitive deficit to start with. I have always had a particularly useless memory, as well as bit of ADHD to boot, so perhaps this is why I find it works extremely well. Perhaps you have to have a few broken data processing modules and short circuit or two in your brain before you can appreciate the benefits of this nootropic.

I've tried lots of nootropics, and for me they really do work. The only nootropics that I found had no effect whatsoever on me were: hydergine, vincamine (this gave me depression) and vasopressin. But I get very good results from piracetam, aniracetam, centrophenoxine (Lucidril), alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, choline bitartrate, deprenyl.

It's usually best to take piracetam with around 500 mg of choline bitartrate, and 500 mg of vitamin B5. Piracetam also mixes very nicely with alpha GPC and centrophenoxine, I find.

Perhaps you guys have got great, well rounded, 100% perfectly functioning brains; so what ever chemical tweaks you make, you still get the same 100% performance. But if you had a motorcycle accident brain damage, say, like the guy that piracetam was originally invented for did, then I think you find a very noticeable difference in taking piracetam.

Thread Information