User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AlphaMale Training Log

Alright so this is my log where I will mainly post training related things but also supplementation and diet sprinkled in. So I have been making some pretty good jumps in strength and I am hoping they don't stop so heres where I am at for my main lifts.
    Flat Barbell Bench 315 for 5
    Incline Dumbell bench 2 sets of 8 with the 130s
    Deadlift 455 for 5
    Squat 315 for 12 staying in the pocket going below parallel ( as I have said previously joints are the limiting factor here)
    Pull ups with an 80 lb dumbell in my legs for a drop set of 6 and 8 reps. (I am focusing more on pausing at the bottom and stretching my scapula then moving weight on these)
    Leg press 24 plates for 12 staying in the pocket.
    120 lb dumbells on military press for 2 sets of 6.
    I am hoping my joints will heal up and I can feel safe piling up some weight on my legs, other than that I have high hopes for strength and mass. I am going to be trying pump fix and I am taking LG's BCAAEAA along with some lipotropic and a few other things. I hope some people follow along your more than welcome.

Administrator Extraordinaire WW7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I workout in the same gym as you and I have learned some good things from you man. I am sub'd in!
    "If you're not making mistakes, you're not trying hard enough."-Lombardi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    . I am going to be trying pump fix and I am taking LG's BCAAEAA along with some lipotropic and a few other things. I hope some people follow along your more than welcome.
    Nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bro its gonna be a wild ride!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright guys sorry for the delay I had a chest workout and a back workout since I started, I'm not gonna lie, the chest workout was not the best I've had, for whatever reason I just wasn't feeling it so I cut it short with mostly compound movements, heres the rundown:
    Chest/ Tris
    Flat bench
    Warm up with the bar for 30 reps
    135 X 12
    225 X 10
    275 X 8 (new PR Ironically)
    315 for 5 (barely)
    Incline Dumbell
    70's for 12 staying in the pocket
    100's for 10 staying in the pocket
    2 sets of the 130's with power hooks that hold the dumbells.
    Freemotion chest Machine
    80 100 and 120 on the short handle to stretch and fill the pecs wih blood then I lengthened the handles and got 160 for 8 and the 200 stack for like 5.
    It wasn't that my strength was lacking I just wasn't feeling too much of a pump compared to normal and I felt dry (the only thing I can think of is too much AI which I stopped for a couple days, now I'm pretty high strung lol)
    Tricep Pressdowns with 2 seperate handles for sets of 30 40 and 50 each with a 12 10 8 rep scheme (very challenging because my tris are a little unbalanced)
    Back and Bis
    I alternate 3 freeweight workouts and 2 machine ones for my back, this was my first machine
    Lat pulldown
    70 for 20 warm up
    100 for 15
    150 for 12
    180 for 8
    Machine Rows 100 for 15
    150 for 12
    200 for 8
    I extended the back pad to stretch the hell out of it and pump it up.
    Underhand Lat pulldown I warmed up with the bar and switched to the machine with seperate handles up to 100 lbs each for a set of 8 with an underhand emphasis for the lower lats.
    Cable rows (seperate handles)
    I did 35 50 70 and 100 lbs each hand with rep scheme of 15 12 10 8 and an underhand emphasis once again for the lower lats
    Bicep cable curls up to 47.5 each arm for 8
    Overhead horizontal curls 20 35 and 50 lbs for reps of 12 10 8 supersetted with straight behind the head curls for weights of 20 27 35 and reps of 12 10 8. Great pump great workout I am currently using pump fix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive numbers! Are you training for a show?
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I appreciate that, technically no I don't have any recent ones planned however, next year is another story and I'm gaining like crazy.
    Alright I have had another 2 workouts
    Legs/Lower Back
    Barbell Squat
    135 for 20
    225 for 15
    315 for 12
    315 for 12
    Deadlifts
    135 for 20
    225 for 15
    315 for 12
    405 for 8
    455 for 5 (barely didn't feel as good as normal
    Leg press
    4 Plates for 30
    8 plates for 25
    16 plates for 20
    Leg extension and curl warm ups
    Calves and abs
    4 6 8 and 16 plates with a rep scheme of 50 40 30 and 20
    I do calf raises on a sled in a two part set the first have of the reps are straight leg stretch emphasis while the second half is slightly bent holding at the top for peak contraction
    Hanging leg raises (straight)
    5 sets of 20 (I will post a video I do them slow and controlled)
    Seated calf Raise
    2 4 and 6 plates with a rep scheme of 30 25 20 pausing at the top
    Standing calf raise on the smith
    2 4 and 6 plates with a rep scheme of 30 25 20 pausing at the top
    Decline crunches and crunches perpendicular on a bench both for 2 sets of 25
    Stretches and then running to work as usual lol, I will post pics guys I just have a bad connection and photobucket takes forever, so its just a lack of time, please let me know if theres another way to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also heres a breakdown of my diet for your perusal, it really hardly ever changes, consistency is key!
    Breakfast
    4 egg whites mixed with 2-3 whole eggs and broccolli and collard greens and tomato and onion, mushrooms, depending on what I have, 2 pieces of wheat toast and some juice for extra carbs
    Preworkout drink with 40g sugar and either 20-50 grams whey protien (depending on how much I have) or BCAA EAA 3 servings
    Post workout drink 20-50 grams whey with 40 grams sugar
    Post workout meal Steak or chicken 12 oz with some wheat vitabee bread (good stuff look it up)
    Evening meal 1 Steak or chicken 12 oz with more vitabee and a piece of fruit, banana usually, and some salad
    Evening Meal 2 Same thing
    Bedtime protien full container of fat free cottage cheese or 60 grams casien or nothing if I am going for an extra gh release maybe some free form aminos
    if my carbs are low I will have some candy cereal and we get free milk at work so I may get up to 5 of those, at 25 grams of carbs and 7 grams protien the breakdown is 125 and 35 I try and get 3-5 depending on my carb level for the day. I really go by feel, next time I diet for a comp I will probably write everything down, however, at this point I am trying to get as many calories as possible keeping things fairly clean when i need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a lot more sugar/carbs than I anticipated. Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like I said I go by feel sometimes I overdo it and get an insulin rush but usually stay just under that threshold and keep maximal glycogen retention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright Shoulder Day I usually do arms and did some curls for a warm up but thats it they were still pretty sore.,
    Warm up with dumbells working the joints throught their range of motion and puttin some fluid in.
    Arnold Dumbell Press/ Curl warm up
    I do twisting dumbell curls in the beginning at fairly high rep/low weight to really warm up the joints and put some blood in the muscle.
    20 reps with 20 lb dumbells
    15 with the 40's
    Just arnold press
    12 with the 60
    Only dumbell press thumbs in
    80 for 10
    100s for 8
    120's for 6 (can't break 6)
    120's for 5 (dammit)
    Side laterals lying diagnal on a bench pausing at the top of the movement for a burn and better activation
    10's for 20
    15's for 15
    20's for 12
    rear delt laterals with hands turned backwards
    10's for 20
    15's for 15
    20's for 20
    Double resistance freemotion/dumbell press
    30 lb dumbells and 60 lbs freemotion for 15
    40 lb dumbells and 80 lbs on freemotion for 12
    50 lb dumbells and 100 lbs freemotion for 10
    rear delt laterals lying on flat bench slightly elevated
    10s for 20
    20's for 15
    30's for 12
    Shoulder /Tendon Therapy where you lie on a bench with your arms in low perpendicular and above head positions holding for at least a minute and a half and breathing out all your air in intervals to stretch the tendons that attach to the thorax. I will be posting pics very soon and have dial up so I will get that figured out and once again I apologize for the delay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great progress man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright new highlights and PRs
    Flat Bench 315 for 6
    Squat 315 for 15 twice im gonna get back to 20 soon not a new pr but since my knee therapy started it is
    I'm really going lighter for my machine back days (still the stack sometimes but nothin to write home about) and when i do freeweights I will go heavy.
    Barbell Curls 3 sets of 8 with 135 (nothing new really I just haven't done it after my rows in a while which pre exhausts the bis)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright update A few new PRs I got 315 for 6 on flat bench 500 for 3 On deads got it on video actually...
    Hurt my shoulder as well, needless to say with all my gains I'm very dissapointed but it will be a good idea to post what I do for therapy anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay sorry for not being on here sooner, I have been on vacation/rehabbing my shoulder injury while still doing what I can to spur growth. I got a few new prs but other than that nothing to write home about.Sets of 315 for 8 on BB rows, Curls for 6 with 155, 500 for 4 on deads (actually 4 and a half because I dropped it after my form went to hell lol), I got 8 dips with a 150 in my leg for a drop set of another 8 and 2 with a 200 for another drop set of like 6 i think, got it on video but this thing has yet to let me post one im not really a tech guy. I'm almost out of pump fix but it has been a good ride I'm impressed. I'm about to go into a muscle maintenence phase which many people find interesting because of what I do. Look out for that. Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calves and abs today, all the same except I decided to go 405 for 30 on the standing smith calf raises off a block. Normally I only go 315 for the health of my back but my calves were craving more weight. I am also focusing on my obliques more as of late since they seem to be a weakness in comparison to my abs. I am getting on the decline with a low incline and grabbing a medicine ball and twisting from side to side holding it out. Seems to have good activation. I'm gonna try some different stuff the next few weeks before I decide what I want for my main oblique activator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dips Dips Dips! I can't do any other chest pressing exercise with any serious amount of weight so after stressfully looking for a gym that was open on labor day... I found one and started dipping. I do an assisted warm up for my joints and to stretch the muscles, if there is no assisted machine I use my legs to take away some of the weight. I then add weight in the form of a dumbell and put it in my legs.
    I start with 20 for roughly half my bodyweight
    Rotator cuff warm ups
    20 with bodyweight
    15 with 40
    12 with 60
    10 with 100
    6 with 140 (getting weaker already yay!) drop set for 14 with bodyweight 20 total
    back to a 60 leaning as forward as possible
    I did some tris in the over head dumbell extensions and switched those in with more dip sets leaning forward for more chest emphasis with a dip belt because the dumbell in your legs makes you more upright.
    20 lb dumbells for 20
    30's for 15
    40's for 12
    60's for 6 (weaker again)
    Dips with 1 45 lb plate for 10
    2 plates for 8
    again for 7
    I did cable crossovers on an unadjustable crossover so it didn't feel right and hurt my shoulders a little.
    I used the chest machine with the pulleys up to the stack for 8 only could use it because my thumbs were pointed up, for some reason wrist position is the important thing with this injury.
    Finished of with DB skullcrushers on a decline up to the 40's for 8 (barely) I was pretty killed at this point. Stretched, did tendon therapy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back today
    I am on my second day of cables/Machines and It feels great despite the ego check of not moving real weight.
    Lat pulldowns (Scapula stretch emphasis pausing at the top)
    20 with 70
    15 with 100
    12 with 140
    8 with 180
    Rows with a chest pad machine
    same weights and reps for consistency, and some early light sets were supersetted to force more blood in the muscle.
    Switch to seperate handles on the pulldowns and rows that were also supersetted with maybe 30 seconds in between with an underhand grip
    60 each handle for 12
    80 for 10
    and 100 for 8
    Lastly I did Close grip Cable rows and Pulldowns same weights again but resting in between to get more reps
    100 for 12
    200 for 10
    260 (the stack) for 8 on rows and only 6 on pulldowns, probably still fatigued from the rows
    I did Bicep curls with Seperate handles on the cables with 27 37 and 47 for 10 12 and 8 then droped ti back to 32 for 2 sets of 8 concentration style to pump up the bis. Stretched and ran to work! Fun times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright Leg/Lower Back day yesterday and the highlights are...
    405 X 8 on squat goin parallel (with wraps)
    500 X 5 on Deads (New PR!) WW7s got the vid
    I did a weird thing where I did tri sets on my first few leg press sets and then pre exhausted up to my heavy set kinda like this
    150 X 20 on leg extensions
    12 plates on the sled for 20
    Lunges with 135 for 12 (1 leg at a time)
    last set was 200 X12 on extensions
    16 plates for 12 on leg press
    then after a small rest 20 plates for 12 again
    then I did a front squat set of 135 for 20 staying in the pocket I mean I only came up like halfway going below parallel until I stopped
    Last sled set was back down to 12 plates then I did 4 reps narrow stance, 4 reps medium and 4 reps wide, felt good I think I will continue to do that.
    One more set of lunges with 135 for 12 then I did Stretching and IT band stretching with foam roller. Weird but amazing workout!
    then I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I had calves and abs nothing all that amazing I had to fit it in before work.
    Calf raises on the sled half straight half bent
    4 plates for 50 reps (25 straight pausing at the bottom for a stretch and 25 slightly bent pausing at the top for peak contraction)
    8 plates for 40 reps
    12 plates for 30 reps
    16 plates for 20 reps X2
    I have been feathering my seated calf raise sets with my standing and it feels really good so...
    2 plates on seated for 30 (pausing at the top)
    2 plates on smith for standing on a block
    4 plates on seated for 25
    4 plates on standing for 30
    6 plates on seated for 20 reps
    6 plates on standing for 30 (held the last rep at the top for 30 seconds gotta take advantage of that burn!)
    Hanging Leg Raises
    5 sets of 20 pre exhausting the first 10 from 90 degrees up.
    Thats it I ran to work, literally!

Thread Information