User Tag List

Thread: Pyritinol Trial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thanks to Steve...

A little background, currently taking ~2.5 mg deprenyl 2-4x / week. Took 400 mg of pyritinol after breakfast along with multi, fishoil, and "Cerebro" (bacopa, hup A, Vinpocetine). Bottle of Pyritinol suggested it goes well with vinpocetine and huperzine a.

Normally get great mental stimulation from the cerebro. Got the same stimulation but it was almost a calming focus with the pyritinol. whereas without the pyritinol my mind races a bit and can almost lead to mild anxiety with my thoughts going 100 mph. Socially, that same calm focus is the term that comes to mind with pyritinol....instead of my mind racing thinking of the response while the person is talking to me, I was able to focus on what they were saying without jumping at my chance to respond.

Took another 400 mg after lunch, normally the mental stimulation from the vinpocetine and huperzine subsides at this point during the day. The same calm focus was boosted, I was able to concentrate on a typically mundane task without being distracted to check email, etc. Also didn't make me so focused where I become a introverted, don't talk to me, machine. Could bounce back and force between being social and going back to work. Like it so far....

Should I continue to take with food? Also is it cumulative or could I cycle off on weekends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlifter84' post='496555' date='Aug 2 2008, 08:12 AM
    First thanks to Steve...

A little background, currently taking ~2.5 mg deprenyl 2-4x / week. Took 400 mg of pyritinol after breakfast along with multi, fishoil, and "Cerebro" (bacopa, hup A, Vinpocetine). Bottle of Pyritinol suggested it goes well with vinpocetine and huperzine a.

Normally get great mental stimulation from the cerebro. Got the same stimulation but it was almost a calming focus with the pyritinol. whereas without the pyritinol my mind races a bit and can almost lead to mild anxiety with my thoughts going 100 mph. Socially, that same calm focus is the term that comes to mind with pyritinol....instead of my mind racing thinking of the response while the person is talking to me, I was able to focus on what they were saying without jumping at my chance to respond.

Took another 400 mg after lunch, normally the mental stimulation from the vinpocetine and huperzine subsides at this point during the day. The same calm focus was boosted, I was able to concentrate on a typically mundane task without being distracted to check email, etc. Also didn't make me so focused where I become a introverted, don't talk to me, machine. Could bounce back and force between being social and going back to work. Like it so far....

Should I continue to take with food? Also is it cumulative or could I cycle off on weekends.

Some people prefer it without food unless it causes nausea. For this trial I would run it daily for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I'm waiting Picamilon,might be my 1st log,(I've never tried),and my order has stuck..no responses on my PMs..
    ---I AM NOT AS OTHERS..---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any problems adding 4.5mg hydergine daily to my current stack.of.2.5 mg dep 2-4x week and 400 mg pyritinol 2-3x day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another day of 400 mg with cerebro, and got similar results as before. A calm focus, very beneficial, lowers social anxiety by focusing my racing mind. Took another 400 mg around 4 hours later, didn't notice much, but I wasn't interacting with anyone and primarily driving. Might try 800 mg. seems to be something that works best when doing somewhat challenging mental/social tasks for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zuper1' post='496691' date='Aug 2 2008, 09:14 PM
    I'm waiting Picamilon,might be my 1st log,(I've never tried),and my order has stuck..no responses on my PMs..

Sorry I found out what the problem was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlifter84' post='497179' date='Aug 4 2008, 08:11 PM
    Any problems adding 4.5mg hydergine daily to my current stack.of.2.5 mg dep 2-4x week and 400 mg pyritinol 2-3x day?

Well in studies Pyritinol was better than Hydergine and mixing abunch of nootropics without trying 1 by itself for abit to fully assess it's effects may not be the best idea, so not sure if you want to add it in just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlifter84' post='498108' date='Aug 8 2008, 05:24 PM
    Another day of 400 mg with cerebro, and got similar results as before. A calm focus, very beneficial, lowers social anxiety by focusing my racing mind. Took another 400 mg around 4 hours later, didn't notice much, but I wasn't interacting with anyone and primarily driving. Might try 800 mg. seems to be something that works best when doing somewhat challenging mental/social tasks for me.

I noticed this product only when doing something mentally stimulating and only at 1,200 mg. Usually listening to great music I can see a clear effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that without a mentally challenging situation, the pyritinol is not noticeable. I had several days of little challenge so took several days off. Today, started with 2.5mg deprenyl and 400 mg of pyritinol. Once again noticed ability to communicate more effectively. Thoughts flowed more effectively. Lasted 2-3 hours and unfortunately did not bring additional caps, I was in the hot ass hills of North Carolina, didn't know how well they'd last. Will try again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlifter84' post='501055' date='Aug 19 2008, 05:02 PM
    I've found that without a mentally challenging situation, the pyritinol is not noticeable. I had several days of little challenge so took several days off. Today, started with 2.5mg deprenyl and 400 mg of pyritinol. Once again noticed ability to communicate more effectively. Thoughts flowed more effectively. Lasted 2-3 hours and unfortunately did not bring additional caps, I was in the hot ass hills of North Carolina, didn't know how well they'd last. Will try again tomorrow.

I don't notice anything under 1,200 mg at once. So I'm not surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveSliwa @ Aug 19 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't notice anything under 1,200 mg at once. So I'm not surprised.</div>

the past week I've up'd each serving to 800 mg in the mornings and again 800ng in the afternoons. Still getting a good focus without the over stim effect. Gives me the ability to concentrate on what I'm working on but can also switch to social situations (normally tough for me with other stims). also, helps in the afternoon to give me a little extra mental "clarity" beyond what is normal. could definitely become a staple.

I know people have said it can affect GABA supplements (i.e. phenibut)...does it just make them less effective?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tlifter84 @ Aug 31 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the past week I've up'd each serving to 800 mg in the mornings and again 800ng in the afternoons. Still getting a good focus without the over stim effect. Gives me the ability to concentrate on what I'm working on but can also switch to social situations (normally tough for me with other stims). also, helps in the afternoon to give me a little extra mental "clarity" beyond what is normal. could definitely become a staple.

I know people have said it can affect GABA supplements (i.e. phenibut)...does it just make them less effective?</div>

If taken at the same time it may reduce their effects. If taken 6-12 hours apart it may enhance their effects.
    Give 1,200 mg a shot if you like in the morning higher dosing seems to have longer lasting effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this something you ended up taking regularly?
    A short Haiku about myself:
    <blockquote>How handsome I am
    It is obvious to see
    I have much free time </blockquote>
    How are you limiting yourself?

Thread Information