User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TV Shows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you people like that Heroes finale?

I have mixed emotions, but for the most part felt it was weak.
    <span style="font-family:Trebuchet Ms"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">"Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." -Anonymous-</span></span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chemgoddess1 @ Nov 18 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So as many of you know my fitness of choice is my pole.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Section 8 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Know how I know that's the problem? Because, when you're not on drugs, you hate your life. But wait, there's more: when you are on drugs, you hate your life. From this I draw the conclusion that the problem is that you hate your life.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wise Male Model @ Oct 7 2009, 11:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>... tell her that her hair smells like an angel's breath after eating honey and flowers and lavender and shit...</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 2 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just look for someone who I like talking to and who isn't ugly.</div> Or fat, for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bachovas' post='403042' date='May 23 2007, 07:27 PM
    How did you people like that Heroes finale?

I have mixed emotions, but for the most part felt it was weak.
    I haven't seen it yet, but I've really liked the series thus far.

Mmmm. Indestructible cheerleader.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo' post='403050' date='May 23 2007, 04:29 PM
    I haven't seen it yet, but I've really liked the series thus far.

Mmmm. Indestructible cheerleader.

Indestructible. We'll put her name to the test!

[attachment=4946:leonidas.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Amor Fati

God, I murdered a lot of innocent animals in the name of literature- Robert Ruark

The dawn speeds a man on his journey, and speeds him too in his work. - Hesiod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gahan' post='403052' date='May 23 2007, 08:52 PM
    Indestructible. We'll put her name to the test!

[attachment=4946:leonidas.jpg]
    Indestructible cheerleader vs. 300 horny Spartans. Who will win??

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to check out Deathnote. My roommate said it was pretty decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo' post='403061' date='May 23 2007, 06:19 PM
    Indestructible cheerleader vs. 300 horny Spartans. Who will win??

I think a more appropriate answer is: who doesn't win?
    Amor Fati

God, I murdered a lot of innocent animals in the name of literature- Robert Ruark

The dawn speeds a man on his journey, and speeds him too in his work. - Hesiod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moved to a new school, don't think I'll be able to get digital cable in here. And therefore will probably be watching way less TV.

Said that, currently mildly hooked on Rescue Me and Entourage. Besides that, been catching a lot of Discovery's "A Haunting" (think that's called), which is hilarious yet intriguing to me. And way too much Food Network and cooking and home improving shows in general.

That future wife of mine is gonna be one lucky bitch.
    <span style="font-family:Trebuchet Ms"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">"Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." -Anonymous-</span></span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chemgoddess1 @ Nov 18 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So as many of you know my fitness of choice is my pole.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Section 8 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Know how I know that's the problem? Because, when you're not on drugs, you hate your life. But wait, there's more: when you are on drugs, you hate your life. From this I draw the conclusion that the problem is that you hate your life.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wise Male Model @ Oct 7 2009, 11:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>... tell her that her hair smells like an angel's breath after eating honey and flowers and lavender and shit...</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 2 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just look for someone who I like talking to and who isn't ugly.</div> Or fat, for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished up Death Note a few weeks ago. Pretty good series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, adding these to my netflix list guys. also, if anyone needs any suggestions for anime, just ask me =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher' post='413234' date='Jul 19 2007, 04:34 PM
    thanks, adding these to my netflix list guys. also, if anyone needs any suggestions for anime, just ask me =]
    Suggestions are always welcomed. I need something besides Naruto, Bleach and Claymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. i am suprised at how many of these shows netflix has. I just added like 40 DVD's to my list, and thats first seasons only ...

for anime, the new goods ones are

Death Note, Code Geass, rozen maiden, also I hear "bartender" was good actually (I made it a point to watch in English to give my eyes a break, so i haven't seen these new ones yet, although you can get SUB version on ebay, or torrent)

as far as classics ... so many, just going from the top of my head, also depending on what you like. a lot of these are targeted at actually high schoolers or so even though they may be amazing works, they might not catch the interest of anyone here.

RUROUNI KENSHIN (best anime EVER)

Full Metal Panic! (high school, but fun/well done)

Escaflowne (fantasy but very well done)

Trigun

X (tv)

Texhnolyze (this one is haunting)

Full Metal Alchemist (kinda younger audience, but well done)

Ghost in the Shell (anything, movies, TV series)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (havent' seen, but hear great things)

Eureka Seven

.hack//SIGN (great if you like MMO's or online gaming)

also, the Miyazaki ones are good, but i dont really call them anime =] Namely Sprited Away, Princess Mononoke and some others, i wasn't a huge Totoro fan.

also, for random category

Fruits Basket (this was really good even tho its kinda girl)

Chobits (ok series, seems to be insanely popular)

anyways, you definitely get a view of how perverted and war crazed the japanese are after watching a few of their animes =]

Wolf's Rain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not liking Rescue me this season as much...went from being my favorite to meh....

Entirely enjoying John from Cincinnati...but probably should be watched from the beginning...netflix it when it comes out.

Looking forward to watching all three seasons of Arrested Development as I got the DVDs waiting at home...that and Firefly...again
    It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man. --Richard Feynman

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squarepusher' post='413247' date='Jul 19 2007, 06:09 PM
    wow. i am suprised at how many of these shows netflix has. I just added like 40 DVD's to my list, and thats first seasons only ...

for anime, the new goods ones are

Death Note, Code Geass, rozen maiden, also I hear "bartender" was good actually (I made it a point to watch in English to give my eyes a break, so i haven't seen these new ones yet, although you can get SUB version on ebay, or torrent)

as far as classics ... so many, just going from the top of my head, also depending on what you like. a lot of these are targeted at actually high schoolers or so even though they may be amazing works, they might not catch the interest of anyone here.

RUROUNI KENSHIN (best anime EVER)

Full Metal Panic! (high school, but fun/well done)

Escaflowne (fantasy but very well done)

Trigun

X (tv)

Texhnolyze (this one is haunting)

Full Metal Alchemist (kinda younger audience, but well done)

Ghost in the Shell (anything, movies, TV series)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (havent' seen, but hear great things)

Eureka Seven

.hack//SIGN (great if you like MMO's or online gaming)

also, the Miyazaki ones are good, but i dont really call them anime =] Namely Sprited Away, Princess Mononoke and some others, i wasn't a huge Totoro fan.

also, for random category

Fruits Basket (this was really good even tho its kinda girl)

Chobits (ok series, seems to be insanely popular)

anyways, you definitely get a view of how perverted and war crazed the japanese are after watching a few of their animes =]

Wolf's Rain

Basilisk

Trinity Blood

Desert Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ras' post='413405' date='Jul 20 2007, 05:58 PM
    Basilisk

Trinity Blood

Desert Punk
    I didn't enjoy trinity blood too much, the guy looked uberpowerfull and extremelly badass but he always began displaying his powers to quickly shutdown without much spectacle, the same thing goes for the final combat, it left me really unimpressed, imho it had a lot of unused potential. If you liked it I urge you to see hellsing.
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist for a while - then it got increasingly weird and depressing, so I stopped watching it. I always enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin when it was on Cartoon Network, but I didn't keep up with it when they stopped airing it.

I just watched Elfen Lied not too long ago - gratuitous nudity + ultraviolence. The Japanese are some interesting folks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Draculea' post='413413' date='Jul 20 2007, 12:40 PM
    I didn't enjoy trinity blood too much, the guy looked uberpowerfull and extremelly badass but he always began displaying his powers to quickly shutdown without much spectacle, the same thing goes for the final combat, it left me really unimpressed, imho it had a lot of unused potential. If you liked it I urge you to see hellsing.

I have to agree with you pretty wholesale on the unleveraged potential bit. I keep waiting for the series to kick in with more guts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I'm gonna have to forbid you all from any further discussion involving anime or any other types of shows involving japanese cartoons.

Only cartoon-type shows allow are Family Guy and Robot Chicken (fucking awesome) or whatever else is not anime.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bachovas' post='413493' date='Jul 20 2007, 04:25 PM
    Wow, I'm gonna have to forbid you all from any further discussion involving anime or any other types of shows involving japanese cartoons.

Only cartoon-type shows allow are Family Guy and Robot Chicken (fucking awesome) or whatever else is not anime.

I have never heard of these shows, but I really don't like to laugh. It gets in the way of brooding and browsing PubMed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is there anything new and great out??

I love(d) the following: Arrested Development, Peep Show, Extras, The Office (british and american), Reno 911, Deadwood, Chappelle, The Wire, Monkey Dust, ATHF, Silent Library, Trailer Park Boys.

The mid-2000s were the fucking salad days of brilliant TV. Half those are cancelled and none are new at this point.

So, is there anything new and great out??

Right-Wing Terrorist Bot 2.010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, this will blow your mind.

I haven't had television (not a single channel) in 3 years. Can anyone beat that?
    Prophet of the Day of Rockening...The Arockalypse!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frangible @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the music itself doesn't elevate your testosterone levels, you clearly do not have a Jay Black approved band.</div>

Thread Information