User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best drug for sleep deprivation caused by job stress?

I lay up at night stressed the fuck out, my job is killing me. What's the best drug for immediate stress relief/knocking me out even if I can't stop stressing out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about diazepam?

More importantly, can you find non drug interventions that can resolve stress issues eg:

- identifying and removing the source of the stress
    - reviewing issues and altering perspective so that the stressors that can't be removed are put into perspective.
    - meditation
    - tension/relations exercises for reducing the time it takes you to fall asleep

J
    Stop animal testing on dogs!

Anti-vivisectionists are a more reliable model.

AZ geographically; VA and London mentally
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost, what Josh said. Throwing in a little modafinil on the days following minimal sleep could also help.
    Like short sleeves, I bare arms

Applied Nutriceuticals FORUM REP
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New job, dude.

Really.

After years in that situation-long hours at work, long hours in the evening from home, phones calls and e-mails all night long, and a really crappy manager to boot-I changed jobs and away went most of the unwanted stress. You can stim up, and mellow out with drugs, but in the long run, it's not sustainable-the body will run out of reserves at some point, and you'll have to actually deal with your stresses.

5. Likes Josh, GhostfaceKillah liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaWd View Post
    You can stim up, and mellow out with drugs, but in the long run, it's not sustainable-the body will run out of reserves at some point, and you'll have to actually deal with your stresses.
    This strikes eerily close to home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 mg chloral hydrate.
    Add to your boss's coffee 3x per day and your sleep will improve radically.

8. Likes WeightOfWords, kassem23, Josh, Niflheim liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah View Post
    This strikes eerily close to home...
    I think it does for a lot of us, GFK. This is the stress of the American workforce for people in the late-20's to early-40's. Unless CoL comes down, and we can afford to support our families with less effort, it will only get worse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10mg Zolpidem and you should be out in 30 mins max, be prepared to wake with a sharp jolt though you should feel a lot less of a hangover/grogginess than you would with diazepam.
    "One always looks neat in a hat made from meat" - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what have you tried?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing; despite my extreme use of aas, I don't touch opiates/narcotics/etc.

But I'm about to touch the big G, diazepam, xanax, and soma. I fucked up not ordering seroquel on my last adc order.

Gawd, we are both in IT, funny enough. I'm an IT manager, and support 100 users in one location all by myself; and it is a family owned multi-million dollar business.

And three of the family members work there; and they are all incompitent, college drop-out, dickheads, who pay me barely enough not to quit.

I fucking hate my job. But I have a fiance/soon to be wife and home to pay for.
    Ad pondus omnium.
    Visit my log, and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I don't wear a seat belt because it chafes my pierced nipples -FMF

What are you? My steroid accountant? - Ras

Half of this board is dedicated to steroid use; if you can get away with shaving every 3-4 days, without looking like a homeless person, then you are in dire need of a tren cycle. I don't even use juice, and I still need a secondary shave when I go on a post-work date....
    - Section8

My S*** List:
    Obama
    Apple Products/Apple (I have an iphone)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand, man. Of course I do-like you said, we're in the same industry. I support an entire office, plus the infrastructure, plus a production e-commerce environment. It can be horribly frustrating, as well as ridiculously stressful. I've got responsibilities...the sole breadwinner, and with 3 kids.

If you're the manager, it might be time for a lackey. One person is way too few people for 100 persons.

Just gotta find a way to make it through without relying on the pharma roller coaster. At least, I had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit: "I support an entire office, plus the infrastructure, plus a production e-commerce environment."

My EXACT situation. An entire administrative office (accounting/marketing/sales/execs/etc) plus the production side (Plcs/pcs/etc) AND their fucking webstore.

100 employees, and yes we have shared printers (which makes everything a bitch).

In other news, I took a valium two hours ago, it's done jack shit. I'm on painless Nexgen Labs (not a source mods, a common brand) gear so atleast there is ZERO pain with all their stuff, so no laying up from injection pain. Just stress.

How stupid would it be to stack a 350mg Soma on top of that little blue valium?
    Ad pondus omnium.

Half of this board is dedicated to steroid use; if you can get away with shaving every 3-4 days, without looking like a homeless person, then you are in dire need of a tren cycle. I don't even use juice, and I still need a secondary shave when I go on a post-work date....
    - Section8

My S*** List:
    Obama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5mg cortisol, taken in the morning, should improve your ability to handle stress considerably. It's not a long term solution, but neither are benzodiazepines. An SSRI could help with handling long term stress. Herbal choices might include SJW or rhodiola.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What dose was the diazepam? Adding a single carisoprodol on top isn't going to Heath Ledger you, but that combination would put me into a day long somnolent, anhedonic stupor.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol@"Heath Ledger"

Didn't know he had turned into a verb...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeightOfWords View Post
    Nothing; despite my extreme use of aas, I don't touch opiates/narcotics/etc.

But I'm about to touch the big G, diazepam, xanax, and soma. I fucked up not ordering seroquel on my last adc order.

Before you get yourself into a GABA cross-tolerance whirlwind, consider the following:

Doxylamine -- an OTC antihistamine like benadryl except far more powerful. The long half life can be an issue for some, but If you go to bed at say 11 pm, then taking it no later than 8 should leave you pretty functional the next day.

Melatonin -- it definitely works, and long term. You will have to play with the dose and release-type though. Some people can thrive off of .5 mg of extended release, whereas other people need an instant 5 mg cap to put them out. The sleep quality and grogginess the day after are completely individual, but its safe to say that higher doses equal more negative symptoms.

Ambien -- I would definitely consider zolpidem before any other GABA-type drug. From what I've read these z-class benzos only act on the sedating sub-unit of the GABA-A receptor, whereas things like xanax act simultaneously upon the sedating sub-unit and the anxiety/panic sub-unit. Zolpidem has demonstrated efficacy taken daily in the long run, but as a sub-chronic user of about two years, I don't buy the lack of dependence and rebound effects after cession. Take as needed, and no more than 3x a week in my opinion.

If you throw in things like Taurine (5-10 grams), and Glycine (~3 grams) into the mix they can be great adjunct compounds to the above. It is also worth noting that sometimes I actually do take all the above...but as long as I don't pop a couple extra xanax and opiates I have yet to Ledger myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im taking trazedone, it seems to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah View Post
    What dose was the diazepam? Adding a single carisoprodol on top isn't going to Heath Ledger you, but that combination would put me into a day long somnolent, anhedonic stupor.
    10mg on the diazepam; i wound up taking 125mg of soma, which is half of a pill.

The soma did a far better job than the diazepam.

I will not take SSRIs, and I don't want to take antihistamines because of their effects on muscle.

My first choice would be morphine or G.
    But i can't get a script for morphine for sleep.
    Ad pondus omnium.

- Section8

My S*** List:
    Obama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeightOfWords View Post
    10mg on the diazepam
    I've never been a fan of diazepam, its incredibly subtle compared to other benzos and it's long half-life has a slow, steady and seemingly worthless down-regulation of your receptors.

i wound up taking 125mg of soma, which is half of a pill.

The soma did a far better job than the diazepam.
    Not surprising, 10 mg is practically nothing for the stress you describe. You're probably better off taking a warm bath.

I will not take SSRIs, and I don't want to take antihistamines because of their effects on muscle.
    I think this is foolish on both accounts. A low dose of a quality SSRI (escitalopram 2.5-5 mg or sertraline ~25 mg) is going to be a great long-term practical solution, and probably won't hinder your libido, sleep, or motivation.

As far as I know, antihistamines really only effect HGH secretion taken long-term. I bet popping a benadryl or two no more than a couple nights a week would do a lot more good than harm.

My first choice would be morphine or G.
    But i can't get a script for morphine for sleep.
    Really? You want to numb away the pain every night with drugs that are highly addicting and develop a rapid tolerance?...Be my guest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, except for the rapid tolerance part; it's not pain, it's lack of sleep.
    I'd be all over the antihistamines, except I'm pretty sure they do effect muscle.
    Ad pondus omnium.

- Section8

My S*** List:
    Obama

Thread Information