User Tag List

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've tried the ginkgo, but not long enough to tell any appreciable difference (if one were to occur). I've read the stories about inositol as well. The lecithin I take contains inositol, but not in the dosages that have been implicated in helping our condition.

No one has responded yet about the Sustain Alpha. All of the reviews look good, but I'm always cautious before taking a supplement that affects hormones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwarrent1 View Post
    Yes, I've tried the ginkgo, but not long enough to tell any appreciable difference (if one were to occur). I've read the stories about inositol as well. The lecithin I take contains inositol, but not in the dosages that have been implicated in helping our condition.

No one has responded yet about the Sustain Alpha. All of the reviews look good, but I'm always cautious before taking a supplement that affects hormones.
    I tried Sustain Alpha for more than a month last year - didn't do a thing to my libido. So far, my libido is helped through the use of any of the following : fish oil, vitamin C, NAC, phosphatidylserine, rhodiola, ashwagandha, zinc.

I've ordered some Holy basil and myo inositol (powder), lecithin and high DHA to EPA fish oil to experiment with. Most of my issue is rooted in anxiety or so it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My issue is not generalized as easy as "anxiety."

For example, I was able to masturbate last night, and the night before. Granted, erections were not possible without stimulation, and I felt no real horniness, but I was still able to masturbate and get the dopamine/opiate cocktail that one is supposed to receive during simulated sex and orgasm. The interesting thing about this is that I had skipped my daily TRT dose, so my HPTA should have been shutdown.

After masturbating, I felt "dead." This feeling continued into today. I had no morning erection; I have zero drive and erectile capacily... and, from experience, I know that this will last all day and most likely for the rest of the entire week. If I attempt to masturbate, zero opiates/dopamine will be released. It will be a complete anhedonic ejaculation, supposing that an erection is even possible.

It is clear that something "changes" after masturbating. One might assume that there is a depletion of some hormone or neurotransmitter, but I still have yet to hear someone suggest anything that makes sense. My prolactin is normal, and that is the only thing about which people believe might fluctuate as a direct result of sexual activity.

To top it off, my hormones are severely screwed up: extremely low pregnenelone, high TSH, high RT3, chronically elevated DHEA-S, low SHBG and clinically low testosterone. I have never had a "nocturnal emission" in my entire life. Thus, it is clearly an endocrine issue. Hence, the need for some sort of opiate or dopaminergic drug that can increase the ability to respond to sexual stimulation.

[FWIW, I took Sustain Alpha in (or Dermacrine) in 2007 and it did nothing for me.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that your issue is significantly different than mine. I don't have any real hormone imbalance to speak of, at least nothing that could account for the lack of libido (when I'm not on the above supps.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those demanding a 24-hour cortisol test -- the results are finally in!

Cortisol Morning (saliva) 6.0 (3.7-9.5)
    Cortisol Noon (saliva) 2.3 (1.2-3.0)
    Cortisol Evening (saliva) 1.6 (0.6-1.9)
    Cortisol Night (saliva) 1.0 (0.4-1.0)

Normal cortisol in the morning and afternoon.
    HIGH-normal cortisol evening and night.

High-normal cortisol, plus extreme (double range) DHEA. Perhaps cortisol output is elevated and that excessive DHEA is squashing it down into a tolerable range.

Can thyroid issues cause this? I have fluctuating TSH (1.8 to 5.8) and RT3 of 370 (very high) with high-normal T3 and T4 values.
    Can adrenal issues cause this?
    Can insulin resistance cause this?

Is this characteristic of anything ever seen before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have our answer.

Endorphins.

Endo(genous) (mo)rphin(e.)

My main complaint is the ability to have an orgasm, yet I will NOT experience any of the heroin-like "good" feeling that we are supposed to associate with sex. After a bit of research, my choice of "heroin-like" as an adjective turns out to be rather accurate. The body produces endorphins to create the feeling of well-being and pleasure that relate to sex. However, endorphoins also regulate mood AND have a role in regulating the release of hormones.

In individuals such as myself with clinical, ideopathic hypogonadism that has been present since teens -- it may very well all be due to an inability to consistently produce endorphins.

This would explain both the lack of pleasure when hormones seem "optimal" as well as the unsatisfactory pituitary output.

Anyone know of a way to FORCE endorphine release... or, at least, to simulate endorphin release?

7. Likes Chip Douglas liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^umm exercise??

long term morphine use leads to lethargy..

welbutrin seems to help a little bit in libido/energy/motivation..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfort View Post
    ^^umm exercise??

long term morphine use leads to lethargy..

welbutrin seems to help a little bit in libido/energy/motivation..
    There are two things that come to mind about exercise. First, I don't enjoy exercise, and that might very well be explained by the fact that I don't produce enough endorphins during exercise. It might also explain why I can't even begin to understand why men enjoy sports.

Wellbutrin has failed me. I take the maximum dose and I can't tell the difference between taking it and not taking. I can quit cold-turkey after a few months of it with zero side effects.

I masturbated today and it felt like nothing. No endorphin release whatsoever, even though I was able to orgasm. This, presumably, led to a prolactin spike which lowered dopamine to a horrible degree since it was never elevated in the first place during my sexual experience. I felt so awful and and, quite frankly, enraged and unhinged, that I took a small dose (5mg) of Adderall. Within 30 minutes, I was feeling stable and happy. I wonder if that sheds any insight into exactly which neurotransmtters/endorphines are misfiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vestpocket View Post
    There are two things that come to mind about exercise. First, I don't enjoy exercise, and that might very well be explained by the fact that I don't produce enough endorphins during exercise. It might also explain why I can't even begin to understand why men enjoy sports.

I can relate to the bolded part above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vestpocket-hmm its hard for me to say i truly enjoy going thru a brutal workout..i mean, during a set of squats its not like im going 'man this is fun!' but i do it for the endorphin rush at the end and it makes me stronger overall..i have found though that the older i get, the benefits of exercise seem to lessen.the endorphin rush is still somewhat there although doesnt last long and i have found working out hard actually takes away from my energy that i would have later in the day...if i hit legs hard today my energy levels are going to be somewhat lower the rest of the day..

Welbutrin seems to help me sometimes but the other half of the time i wonder 'why am i taking this?'..

vest-what happens if you take 200 mgs of caffeine?do you get amped up or just feel tired or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vestpocket-hmm its hard for me to say i truly enjoy going thru a brutal workout..i mean, during a set of squats its not like im going 'man this is fun!' but i do it for the endorphin rush at the end and it makes me stronger overall..i have found though that the older i get, the benefits of exercise seem to lessen.the endorphin rush is still somewhat there although doesnt last long and i have found working out hard actually takes away from my energy that i would have later in the day...if i hit legs hard today my energy levels are going to be somewhat lower the rest of the day..

Welbutrin seems to help me sometimes but the other half of the time i wonder 'why am i taking this?'..

vest-what happens if you take 200 mgs of caffeine?do you get amped up or just feel tired or what?
    Caffeine amps me up, but at 200mgs -- I'd be jittery and probably puke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^you dont enjoy anything then basically??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I do squats or do cardio training, I often get a sense of panic as my HR goes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^you dont enjoy anything then basically??
    I can enjoy sex and music and food like a normal person... but only for one week out of every 10 or so. It is very weird. It comes and goes. I considered that I am bipolar... but I've never heard of bipolar disorder disabling the sexual response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Monday:
    - 22mg testosterone cyptionate, subcutaneous injection
    - 40IU hCG, subcutaneous injection

Note: Low dose because I inject twice per week and because SHBG is too low to support higher doses.

Today's (Wednesday's) attempt at a mood boosting stack:
    - 85% cacao chocolate (very pure, <5g sugar total.)
    - 2 glasses self-brewed full leaf white tea, 195 degrees, 10 minute steeps. *
    - 16oz. kombucha *
    - 1g refrigerated royal jelly
    - 1g refrigerated ginseng
    - very raw coconut water (the nutty stuff, not the sweet filtered bullshit)
    - bee pollen

* = included for natural caffeine/theobromine/l-theanine content. I respond VERY positively to caffeine in small doses.

Results:
    Masturbation felt like nothing. Mild stimulation/agitation. Post-orgasmic state: disoriented and depressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vest, have you tried LDN? It can re-sensitize your opiate receptors. Also D-Phenylalanine slows the breakdown of your endogenous endorphins.

LDN was great until the 24x7 nausea. Its a simple way to lose weight if you need, hah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow vestpocket, you are very similar to me..either im ON or OFF when it comes to anhedonia..seems most of the time im Off..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vest:

Why not try not masturbating, and see what happens?

You tell me you'll have no libido, so it wouldn't matter. Yet, sex is on your mind.

How does that work?

And if amphetamine(s) help you with all your problems, for crying out loud, take it - at least sub-chronically and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow vestpocket, you are very similar to me..either im ON or OFF when it comes to anhedonia..seems most of the time im Off..
    Questions:

(Yeah, I'm being a pain in the ass, but most of you guys are literally masturbating and beating around the bush.)

1. You exercise? How much, and how often? Effects: describe positive and negative.
    2. You eat properly? How much and how often? What does the diet consist of?
    3. You sleep properly? Wake/sleep time, for how long?
    4. Have you tried CBT or psychotherapy?
    5. Have you looked into hormonal issues?
    6. What drugs are you currently on, or have previously been on, and for what indications?

As Jung said: “He who looks outside, dreams; he who looks inside, awakes.”

Best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassem23 View Post
    Vest:

Why not try not masturbating, and see what happens?

You tell me you'll have no libido, so it wouldn't matter. Yet, sex is on your mind.

How does that work?

And if amphetamine(s) help you with all your problems, for crying out loud, take it - at least sub-chronically and see what happens.

Yes, sex is on my mind because I am addicted to orgasms the same way that everyone else is. This would indicate that dopamine is fine. My problem is that sex does not consistently provide me with endorphins.

Since my body won't reward me for having sex, after a while, I forget why sex is even desirable and the link between attractive female->penis->pleasure begins to rapidly dwindle. That's why so many men with this issue complain that it feels like their penis is not "attached" to their body. Even so, the addiction to having to sex and the memory reward hormones/neurotransmitters/endorphin remains and drives one to seek out the pleasure.

Yes, there are varying levels of pleasure from sex or masturbation, but I am talking about a fully functioning session complete with ejaculation where my body releases ZERO reward hormones.

Amphetamines don't help with all my problems. They make me feel delusionally positive and friendly in the same way that alcohol might. They also ruin my sleep and do not help at all with increasing my sex drive.

So, in short:
    - My body comples me to seek sexual reward.
    - My body will NOT give me sexual reward.

Imagine you are addicted to smoking, and imagine that a gnome comes into your house every day and swaps your cigarettes for nicotine-free cigarettes. Do you immediately lose interest in smoking? No. You go fucking crazy wondering why smoking isn't pleasurable and why your craving still exists.

Thread Information