User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='340813' date='Jun 6 2006, 04:57 AM

is what you are saying true for stuff like theanine, taurine too?

No, only drugs that leave your nervous system saying, "oh shit, what's going on now, ERROR!" In other less rhetorical words, drugs that temporarily hijack the regulation of the nervous system then are abruptly removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what about all the people that mix benzos and alcohol? It's quite a common practice. Shouldn't this give more devestating results?
    Prophet of the Day of Rockening...The Arockalypse!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frangible @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the music itself doesn't elevate your testosterone levels, you clearly do not have a Jay Black approved band.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixing downers and alcohol is much more additive than synergistic compared to what you commonly hear.

You don't just add a pill to the drinks or a drink to the pill and suddenly find yourself running in mid air, past the edge of the cliff.

Right-Wing Terrorist Bot 2.010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='340824' date='Jun 6 2006, 09:08 AM

capsicin actaully causes substance P release.

Causes depletion with repeated use, at least topically
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it doesn't. I posted the needed references on avant IIRC. if need be I'll post them here.
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of I apologize for the double post, not sure what happened. Second, It does appear that I was mistaken in Capsaicin inhibiting Substance P release, however I looked into it quickly and it does seem as Benson mentions that it eventualy depletes Substance P which is one of the reasons for pain reduction. I'll post a relative abstract once I'm done sifting through them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this abstract points towards the depletion of Substance P, and it's effect of reducing pain. I know that Substance P inhibition is researched as a possible area to focus on in anti-depressant research, but not sure how oral Capsaicin effects Substance P depletion in areas related to mood.

Capsaicin, the active principle of hot chili pepper, is thought to selectively stimulate unmyelinated C fibre afferent neurons and cause the release of substance P. Prolonged application of capsaicin reversibly depletes stores of substance P, and possibly other neurotransmitters, from sensory nerve endings. This reduces or abolishes the transmission of painful stimuli from the peripheral nerve fibres to the higher centres. In clinical studies of patients with post-hepatic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy or osteoarthritis, adjunctive therapy with topical capsaicin achieved better relief than its vehicle in most studies. In a single trial, topical capsaicin in demonstrated similar efficacy to oral amitriptyline in patients with diabetic neuropathy. Topical capsaicin is not associated with any severe systemic adverse effects. However, stinging and burning, particularly during the first week of therapy, is reported by many patients. Topical capsaicin merits consideration as adjuvant therapy in conditions such as post-herpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy and osteoarthritis, where the pain can be chronic and difficult to treat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='340673' date='Jun 5 2006, 02:41 PM

isn't soma addictive?

You want an effective peripheral muscle relaxant that is effective and non-addictive? That's ultimately a paradox don't you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever used topical cap? if you did, how can you put that with msucle relaxation? unless hell is your idea of relaxation. I agree that the following day MAY be less painfull but its way too much to go through.
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='340992' date='Jun 6 2006, 08:37 PM

have you ever used topical cap? if you did, how can you put that with msucle relaxation? unless hell is your idea of relaxation. I agree that the following day MAY be less painfull but its way too much to go through.

I have used it for muscle/joint pain both on myself and in pts, some of them elderly women so stop being a whimp.

It does burn the first time you put it on but it works extremely well for pain management.
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My original inclusion of Capsaicin was for oral consumption. The thought being that it could possibly increase endorphin/enkephalin production/release. As stated above, I'm not sure of the ultimate effect of oral ingestion of Capsaicin and how it effects Substance P levels systemically with long term usage.

And yes I have used topical Capsaicin, and indeed anything but relaxation is what you experience in the short term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eclypz' post='340991' date='Jun 6 2006, 05:36 PM

You want an effective peripheral muscle relaxant that is effective and non-addictive? That's ultimately a paradox don't you agree?

ther's addictive habitual and addictive by stonger methods (direct pleasure of some sort)
    Man on a mission

Thread Information