User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone been using this religiously? I myself seem to get really into it for a minute and then stop. I think it makes me a little edgy or something, hard to pin down but it certainly doesn't make me feel great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sprinkles @ Dec 11 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Idiots like you really disrupt the harmony of the board.</div>

LMFAO!!!!

pot, meet kettle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound stupid for some of you here, but manipulating the level of neural growth factors can results in depletion of neural stem cells (neural progenitor cells)….
    I work for a small biotech company that specializes in stem cell research. One of the projects that my colleagues worked on is to use BDNF and other growth factors to induces terminal differentiation of the progenitor stem cells into astrocytes and glial cells.
    This may have positive effects in the short term, but in the long term you are depleting your reservoir of progenitor cells by terminally differentiating it which isn’t the greatest thing when you’re aging.
    "HE who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x_muscle @ Dec 29 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may sound stupid for some of you here, but manipulating the level of neural growth factors can results in depletion of neural stem cells (neural progenitor cells)….
    I work for a small biotech company that specializes in stem cell research. One of the projects that my colleagues worked on is to use BDNF and other growth factors to induces terminal differentiation of the progenitor stem cells into astrocytes and glial cells.
    This may have positive effects in the short term, but in the long term you are depleting your reservoir of progenitor cells by terminally differentiating it which isn’t the greatest thing when you’re aging.</div>
    Is there evidence that the human body has a base sum of stem cells and that it does not act as a fluid system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sprinkles @ Dec 29 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Is there evidence that the human body has a base sum of stem cells and that it does not act as a fluid system?</div>

Most likely yes, but not 100% sure. Most of the knowledge we have gained on senescence of stem cells has been gathered from mice. As mice share more than 90% of their genome with humans, but have 30–40-fold shorter lifespans. Higher mammals, and especially humans, have paid a high price for climbing up the evolutionary ladder: they have lost much of the regenerative power found in lower animals. we cant re-grow a limb after we loose it.

But we know that nearly all of the body's cells can divide. After a certain number of divisions, however, they lose their ability to proliferate and DNA synthesis is blocked. Human fibroblasts (primitive cells that are stem cell like) divide about 50 times and then stop, a phenomenon known as the Hayflick limit......

However differentiated cells have lower Hayflick limit, and thus shorter life span, for example some of the epithelial cells that im studying have the capacity to divide 6-10 after they differentiate. Thus terminal differentiation most likely alter the ratio of regenerative cells VS aging differentiated cells in the brain tissue.

The biological clock underlying the limited division potential of somatic cells is the length of telomeres. For some reason the progenitor cells have higher capacity to replicate withot shortening its telomers length a lot , which is similar to what goes on with cancer cells. That why some people speculate that specific kind of cancers are simply just an attempt for the body to counter aging by de-differentiate some of the cells into its primitive stem cell like characteristic (conservation of tolemerase)..........but this a whole different topic
    "HE who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. What's the consensus now on how much to take, or is there still no consensus yet? If there isn't, I shall try to seriously research it more in my free time.

2. I have a bottle of RJ from GNC which is freeze-dried, & which has been assayed to contain 1g RJ.

3. I take 2-3g before meals, for eg before dinner and lunch, because maybe it can be better absorbed, the bottle only says it best to take it b4 meals.

4. If genius is a glia initiated harmonic state, as ATB who from reading Sciam Mind says, (Genius as a Glia Inititated Harmonic State), does taking RJ help?

5. I would like, if it's possible, to get a link to liorrh's ebook on RJ.

6. As mentioned earlier in this thread Eintsein's brain was found to have more glia, with a smaller volume, wider horizontal size, & a missing sylvian fissure/part of lateral sulcus(groove that run throughs the parietal lobe)(Dr. Sandra Witelson who compared it to others in a brain bank). This & point 4. could be expanded upon.

Thank you for reading.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I wrote BTW was pretty much seat of the pants and a broad idea, not sure that anything can be garnered from that about nutritional applications like this, though I do believe that the more you do to allow the brain to wire and adapt and to support its metabolism then you generally get better network functions, thats pretty consistent with what is known and theoretical.

------

These ideas are released under a Creative Commons Share and Share alike license

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's the verdict?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x_muscle @ Dec 29 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may sound stupid for some of you here, but manipulating the level of neural growth factors can results in depletion of neural stem cells (neural progenitor cells)….
    This may have positive effects in the short term, but in the long term you are depleting your reservoir of progenitor cells by terminally differentiating it which isn’t the greatest thing when you’re aging.</div>
    This seems like a pretty important point for a lot of supplements we take. I'd be very interested in any references you (or anyone else) could provide about this phenomenon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will look into this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x_muscle View Post
    This may sound stupid for some of you here, but manipulating the level of neural growth factors can results in depletion of neural stem cells (neural progenitor cells)….

This may have positive effects in the short term, but in the long term you are depleting your reservoir of progenitor cells by terminally differentiating it which isn’t the greatest thing when you’re aging.
    Since this thread got bumped, does anyone know anything about this particular issue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chronometric View Post
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (x_muscle @ Dec 29 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This may sound stupid for some of you here, but manipulating the level of neural growth factors can results in depletion of neural stem cells (neural progenitor cells)….

This seems like a pretty important point for a lot of supplements we take. I'd be very interested in any references you (or anyone else) could provide about this phenomenon.

Bump..

Any one have any thoughts on this? If this is true, would cycling possibly prevent this from being a problem? I just bought some Royal Jelly today and plan on using it. I took some this evening and I believe I've noticed something, maybe an improved sense of well being. I have taking RJ in the past and believe I noticed something similar but stopped because there was too much going on making it difficult to tell if RJ was of any benefit.

Chrono, you out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread, I've refreshed this for 2013 , hoping for more anecdotal positive feedback out there in terms of cognition/mood/anxiety/sleep/testosterone/recovery/ anything else ?

Thanks.

Thread Information