User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have doing research recently about cell apoptosis ( cell suicide), since im studying molecular biology right now.

we know that diet and execise reduce the fat storage but dosent kill the fat cell, the only way to get rid of the fat cells by opoptosis, or which know as the process of programmed cell death or cell suicide.

so here is what found that can cause the fat cell to kill itself:

1- injecting leptin in the brain:Just in from the University of Georgia: Leptin seems to cause rat fat cells to undergo programmed cell death, or apoptosis. Professor of nutrition Clifton Baile and post-doctoral fellow Hao Qian have found that the fat cells of the leptin-treated rats clearly showed apoptosis -- a process the body uses to get rid of unwanted cells.

2- PGF-2a: this stuff dosent kill the fat cell. but it releases the fat cells to the blood stream so it can be burned after cardio. this stuff is very hard to come across. the half life of PGF is 1 min so frequent injiction is required ( about 7 a day) and it has some nasty side effects since it affects the stomach linning and digestive system. im thinking to try this stuff soon but im not sure about it.

3-Lipostabil: i couldnt find real research behind it, but rumor says that when adminstarted it causes fat cells to mature very fast which may lead to cell destruction................. The phospholipid preparation Lipostabil has been researched for use in the treatment of high cholesterol levels and atherosclerosis. In several trials evaluating this 70% phosphatidylcholine content lecithin product from Germany, total serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels dropped significantly and HDL cholesterol levels improved using dosage ranging from 1.5 g once daily to 3.5 g three timed per day. (Lipostabil. Natterman International GMBH,1990; Wojcicki, J, et al. Phytotherapy Res. 9;597-599, 1995)

4- essential fatty acid like CLA are found to cause fat cell apoptosis, but real life result are not that good:Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), body fat, and apoptosis.

Miner JL, Cederberg CA, Nielsen MK, Chen X, Baile CA.

Animal Science Department, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583-0908, USA. jminer1@unl.edu

OBJECTIVE: The objective of the study was to determine if consumption of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) by mice could induce apoptosis in adipose tissue. Other objectives were to determine the influence of feeding mice CLA for < or =2 weeks on body fat, energy expenditure, and feed intake.

RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURES: A mixture of CLA isomers (predominantly c9,t11 and t10,c12) was included in the AIN-93G diet at 0, 1, and 2%, and fed to mice for 12 days (Trial 1), or was included at 2% and fed to mice for 0, 5, and 14 days (Trial 2). Feed intake was measured daily and energy expenditure was determined by direct calorimetry on day 9 in Trial 1. Retroperitoneal fat pads were analyzed for apoptosis by determination of DNA fragmentation.

RESULTS: Dietary CLA reduced feed intake by 10% to 12% (p < 0.01), but either did not influence or did not increase energy expenditure as indicated by heat loss. Body weight was not influenced by consumption of CLA in Trial 1 but was increased (p < 0.01) by CLA in Trial 2. Weights of retroperitoneal, epididymal, and brown adipose tissues were lower (p < 0.01) in animals fed CLA, although liver weight was increased (p < 0.10; Trial 1) or not changed (Trial 2).

Analysis of retroperitoneal fat pad DNA from both trials indicated that apoptosis was increased (p < 0.01) by CLA consumption.

DISCUSSION: These results are interpreted to indicate that CLA consumption causes apoptosis in white adipose tissue. This effect occurs within 5 days of consuming a diet that contains CLA.

5- and finaly liposuction

dose any one know any other compounds that cause fa cells to die!!
    "HE who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you want this to occur locally (like at a trouble area), then I don't think you should bother with this.

A good read of the MM and some previous threads will explain why.
    YOU'RE WRONG.

READ OLD M&M ARTICLES.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ignored Users List (if you are on this, I can't see your posts):

SmackThat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (To add someone to your Ignored Users list, go to My Controls > Manage Ignored Users)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nightop' date='May 19 2004, 06:28 AM
    Unless you want this to occur locally (like at a trouble area), then I don't think you should bother with this.

A good read of the MM and some previous threads will explain why.
    of course i dont want apoptosis to happen every in the body that would be stupid, and may lead to may problems. im thinking about that to treat trouble areas like abs, love handels, and specific for fat cells only. And to manage the increase of fat cells, since ever time we bulk we create new fat cells

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime we bulk, we do NOT create new fat cells (that would be hyperplasia) but we increase the size of existing ones (hypertrophy or more formally lipotrophy). Your best bet to mess with trouble spots is looking at receptor manipulations. Apoptosis is very complex and involves more than just one adipokine or cytokinergic factor.
    ...'and by home, you know, I do not mean a lovely house with all the modern conveniences. By home I mean the room or two that have become associated in the child's mind with the mother and father, and the other children, and the cat. And there is a shelf or cupboard where the toys are kept...'
    -Winnicott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in your pursuit of induced apoptosis, did you consider that you would actually want fat cells around for something like say , i don't know, adiponectin production? or does adipocyte endocrine function not really matter to you? as for your magic bullet, if you're willing to try some of these risky manipulations, you might as well joice the DNP band wagon. wow...
    "There are lots of different reasons to stretch and exercise. You want to look good, you want girls to be attracted to you. I think it's ridiculous not to be vain about your body, not to take care of your body. It's your vehicle through life. And if women find you sexually attractive, then the quality of your life is better. It just is."-Joe Rogan, MF 10/2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i posted this thread when i was an ignorant sophomore......now im a senior and i know more about my body, and cell biology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote name='x_muscle' date='Oct 15 2005, 11:28 PM']* i posted this thread when i was an ignorant sophomore......now im a senior and i know more about my body, and cell biology.

[snapback]275686[/snapback]

[/quote]

very well. nonetheless it's good the the question was raised and points made, this may be searched in the future by someone looking for the same answers you were seeking. how did your class end up? you took this as an undergrad, a sophomore? wow. i'm in grad school at a health science center and still haven't gotten into apoptosis. congrats!
    "There are lots of different reasons to stretch and exercise. You want to look good, you want girls to be attracted to you. I think it's ridiculous not to be vain about your body, not to take care of your body. It's your vehicle through life. And if women find you sexually attractive, then the quality of your life is better. It just is."-Joe Rogan, MF 10/2003

Thread Information