User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taking coffein in the morning, but itís still affecting my sleep how to avoid it?

Hi guys.

Some mornings I take about 25mg of coffein (splitting up a 100mg tablet). After that I consume no caffein at all.
    Sometimes when I go to sleep around 11-11.30 PM the caffein still affects my sleep, in two ways: It's a little bit harder to fall a sleep (but melatonin helps me with that).
    But the thing that bothers me most is that it shortens my sleep. I would wake up earlier than usual.

In a gene test it showed that I had a slow caffein metabolism.
    Why would I need caffein? Because it sharpens my concentration and I need that for school.

Any ides on how to take caffein and still be able to have a good nights sleep?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried not to take any caffeine for a day? I myself drinks coffee but I can still have good night sleep though I don't drink during late hours or bed time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I've done that many times and then my sleep improves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think coffee is causing your sleep issues. I also find it hard to believe you had some sort of genome test conducted that showed you had slow caffeine metabolism. It can exert it's activity for upto 18 hrs but that's besides the point. Try another stimulant that works better and doesn't last as long. If you're only taking that amount of caffeine, you can quite easily find something else that will manifest that level of focus. Mix it up for best results and ANY kind of search at all will yield you with results for comparable stimulants/energy boosters/nootropics. lol. I'm still wondering if you're even serious. I wouldn't bother trying to counteract caffeine's adverse side effects with another compound that would 'help' you sleep more soundly since tolerance is always an issue and so is rebound insomnia. If you do choose this route, google is also a sensational route to finding supplements to aid with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigOxy View Post
    Hi guys.

Some mornings I take about 25mg of coffein (splitting up a 100mg tablet). After that I consume no caffein at all.
    Sometimes when I go to sleep around 11-11.30 PM the caffein still affects my sleep, in two ways: It's a little bit harder to fall a sleep (but melatonin helps me with that).
    But the thing that bothers me most is that it shortens my sleep. I would wake up earlier than usual.

In a gene test it showed that I had a slow caffein metabolism.
    Why would I need caffein? Because it sharpens my concentration and I need that for school.

Any ides on how to take caffein and still be able to have a good nights sleep?

Thanks in advance

i think the coffee is not the main reason of your short sleep as even i also take coffee but it does not effects my sleep. but i will recommend toy to just leave tour coffee for one day and then loook if it still affects your sleep then i will say you to consult to physician for this problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've deduced that it's the cause of the sleep issues, then it's just a matter of avoiding it.
    I Teach Math: Form + ROM > Weight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Midwest.
    If I have coffee / caffeine any time after 3pm, I also have trouble sleeping.
    Just avoid it altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a reason why coffee is called the most popular drug in the world. It acts as a stimulant which helps us to remain alert plus it can remain in our body for several hours. So if you can get rid of your daily coffee intake, it would be better in the long run. If you cannot live without your morning cup of coffee, try switching to green tea; it has plenty of health benefits plus it doesn't affect the sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with the others and say that I believe that the amount of caffeine is not helping you sleep at night. Have you tried taking something other than caffeine? Caffeine can have a lot of negative drawbacks on your body and you can be affected in many ways. Ginseng is a natural way to give your body some energy. I would say that a ginseng drink would help you be able to focus and concentrate on school and your entire day. They sell ginseng drinks at the asian stores. You may have some in your area. Also, if you can ever get your hands on the raw ginseng root, that is even better because it is a natural way to give your body a little boost in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't need caffeine to improve your concentration at school. Relying on a stimulant for concentration suggests there is something wrong.

You are taking caffeine early in the morning so I'm not sure what more you could do to prevent it from disrupting your sleep. The best solution is to stop taking it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suffer the same way as Scotty3cc -- caffeine after 3pm means I'm wide awake way past my bedtime. You really should stop taking these stimulants for a while. You'll probably be surprised by what you find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Addiction of any thing is bad for you.It is right if you drink coffee but don't be afraid regarding this.Minimize its use,you will feel better.I also like coffee and have proper sleep at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you should stop taking caffeine supplements if it disrupts your ability to sleep well. Sleep is one of the most important factors in health and muscle building as well. Sleep is needed for recovery and growth hormone is secreted during sleep. Sleep should be made a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should lay off of the coffein. Without it will help you sleep better and longer. I seen a big improvement after I cut my dose and stopped completely.

Thread Information