User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Increasing my cardio output

Hey guys,

I have bad cardio. I used to smoke in my teens and I think that may have contributed to this. I literally cannot run 1 mile in a light jog, most of the time I can only do 1/2 a mile before i have to take a break. I'm training in MMA now and it really worries me that if I'm in a self-defense situation I would gas out very quickly leaving myself really vulnerable.

I run everyday and try to push my limits, but that's doing little. I'm not overweight, I'm 6'1 165lbs and my overall fitness is good. Is there anything else I can do? I'm not apposed to PED's like EPO, but for now I'd rather try all legal options at my disposal.

Regards,
    J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerPunch View Post
    I would recommend that you see a doctor because you may have something serious going on. It is possible though, and you should be prepared to hear, that you are simply to weak to survive.
    You're an idiot.

and your mother's trash. I came in her overused asshole last-night.

Don't bother to reply, you're going on ignore after this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hate to have your problems bro I hope you find the answers to your cardio issues. Have you tried some cardio 30 minutes daily to see if you can build some metcon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bro Derek View Post
    I would hate to have your problems bro I hope you find the answers to your cardio issues. Have you tried some cardio 30 minutes daily to see if you can build some metcon?
    I'm doing cardio everyday. The thing is, I have great anaerobic capacity. That being, I can do HIIT and recover quickly. It's my aerobic capacity (sustained endurance) that's very weak. I boxed since i was a kid, and never did any aerobic endurance sports, so that may be the problem. Also, the breathing technique might be totally different between anaerobic/aerobic cardio.

Anywho, I'm open to suggestion on how to increase my aerobic capacity if anyone knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by highmanagement View Post
    Anywho, I'm open to suggestion on how to increase my aerobic capacity if anyone knows.
    We should hang out. My girlfriends and I have a couple of surefire ways of raising a man's capacity.

6. Likes chemgoddess1 liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i ride my bike instead of my car and walk a lot to places and since i do that my cardio got better! also if you are not afraid going for some dance lessons or even zumba like denise suggested might be a good idea, and its also a lot of fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, the BigDawg thinks that is a dumb username.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
    Dude, the BigDawg thinks that is a dumb username.
    Bigdawg I like your stile of righting utilizing the third world person perspective. By the way I agree with you on the sparkly thing plus Zumba sounds kind of they no offense to sparkles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BigDawg needs to shut the fuck up. I'm onto you, if you know what I mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thebigdawg seems like a cool cat. Let's all learn together hear bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro Derek I think before you start commenting on the older users you learn to find the other sock in the high seas, if you know what i mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to shut the fuck up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro, I understand being young. I also was young at some point. But sometimes you have to be the chicken and sometimes you have to be the pig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to force my hand then I choose pig. Really wish you wouldn't have forced me to this decision tonight but there it is, happy? I'm the pig. Ahhh. It kind of feels like a weight lifted off me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Bro Derek I think before you start commenting on the older users you learn to find the other sock in the high seas, if you know what i mean
    I don't know what this means.
    ?
    I hope it isn't some innuendo because I usually get those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by highmanagement View Post
    Hey guys,

I have bad cardio. I used to smoke in my teens and I think that may have contributed to this. I literally cannot run 1 mile in a light jog, most of the time I can only do 1/2 a mile before i have to take a break. I'm training in MMA now and it really worries me that if I'm in a self-defense situation I would gas out very quickly leaving myself really vulnerable.

I run everyday and try to push my limits, but that's doing little. I'm not overweight, I'm 6'1 165lbs and my overall fitness is good. Is there anything else I can do? I'm not apposed to PED's like EPO, but for now I'd rather try all legal options at my disposal.

Regards,
    J
    How do you train MMA if you can only jog a half mile? Do you fight sitting down? I don't want to sound judgmental but I have HIV and even I can jog a couple miles. Maybe you just need to man up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or just avoid minorities? That would help prevent unnecessary cardio stimulation due to "self-defense" situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaiUGise View Post
    Or just avoid minorities? That would help prevent unnecessary cardio stimulation due to "self-defense" situations.
    Isn't beating up minorities the point of training for MMA? That and of course wearing Tapout clothing. I know that whenever I see guys with those clothes on that they aren't to be fucked with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just signed up for a 10k and I've never been serious with cardio in my entire life. You just gotta start doing it.

Week 1 - jog 2mi twice
    Week 2 - jog 2.5 mi twice
    Week 3 - jog 3mi twice
    Week 4 - jog 3.5mi twice

and so on. Just do that twice a week until you get to a distance you feel comfortable with. If you jog with an iPhone there are a number of apps available that can help you train for running. I just got MapMyRun+....it doesn't train me for running but it basically tracks my mileage, distance, pace, route, etc.

My training is a little more intense than this since I am trying to run the 10k in 50-55min. However, after two weeks of training I'm able to run 3.5mi in 30min

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a departure from my normal form, I will tell you that from my experience, cardio, particularly long distance endurance type cardio is like masturbation. You get better at it with practice.

If you'r really serious, I have to agree with Darkhalf there. There's nothing like picking some kind of event that pushes your out of your comfort zone in a time frame that will really push you and justt make it your point to get there and do it. Once you have some kind of reasonable goal, just go check out some running sites. You can find tons of articles/forum entries to the tune of something like "5k in 6 weeks? try this routine..." or "marathon in a year, this is an ideal training and volume progression....". Find this type of info and stick with it and give it an earnest effort and you'll probably be quite surprised by the progress you will make. Seriously, I have always been one of those meatheads who is of the opinion of "if it ain't heavy I don't wanna fuck with it, so why would I bother running for distance" but after a challenge to run a 5k by a coworker, some of these programs helped take me from barely being able to run 1/4 mile to running a 5k with no problems in no more than 6 weeks. Just work up progressively and you'll get from where you're at to where you want to be.

However, it should obviously be said that if you really only want explosive cardio for short period of time, this will have to be integrated properly but having good endurance is never a good thing in the grand scheme of life.

Thread Information