User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DMAA is on the verge of being banned...

Sorry if topic is a repost... I've been just reading about all these articles popping up how DMAA is getting banned and now forced to be removed from all preworkout supplements as well! This is ridiculous... the F'in Dipshits of America (FDA) has nothing better to do once again! Anyone else upset about this? I BARELY found out about this supplement and had it delivered to me just recently from an online store... and now this. If they wanna ban something why don't they start with booze or tobacco first!!! Assholes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro I totally here ya on this one. These fockers at the FDA need to find a different hobby than takin away all our good sups!!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the US, it seems that it is entirely a matter of DHSEA compliance, so they are ready to ban it the minute it is proven that it is not naturally occurring (i.e. that geranium does not contain DMAA), regardless of how safe and harmless it is: USPLabs has already proven that it is safe indeed. Now, as they are getting ready to put the last nail in DMAA's coffin, USPLabs is the only company that keeps fighting for the cause and, even though it seems that things are already doomed beyond recovery, they could still change the whole situation thanks to a new study which is about to be published in the Journal of Analytical Chemistry Insights, named Identification and Quantification of Dimethylamylamine in Geranium by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry, which would prove in USPLab's words that DMAA is present in geranium's plant:

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Rese...AA-in-geranium
    USPLabs promises new data that ‘definitively’ proves presence of DMAA in geranium

By Elaine Watson, 16-Jul-2012
    USPLabs has challenged the findings of new research on the source of DMAA and alerted the trade to the imminent publication of data it claims “definitively demonstrates” that the much-maligned stimulant is naturally present in the geranium plant.

USPlabs, which markets top-selling pre-workout supplement Jack3d, told NutraIngredients-USA: “A detailed analytical study confirming the presence of 1,3 dimethylamylamine, and 1,4 dimethylamylamine in the geranium plant obtained from China is due to be released in the respected journal Analytical Chemistry Insights.”
    New research found DMAA in geranium plants and oil from China
    Company spokesperson Kerri Toloczko added: “The peer-reviewed study, performed at Intertek/AAC Labs in Champaign, Illinois, isolated the compounds 1,3 dimethylamylamine and 1,4 dimethylamylamine from the geranium plants.
    “The researchers utilized a fully validated method to identify and quantitate 1,3-DMAA and 1,4-DMAA in geranium plant and oil obtained from several regions of China where they are grown and consumed as food.”
    The study, ‘Identification and Quantification of Dimethylamylamine in Geranium by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry,’ will be published shortly , she said.
    Given the current state of affairs, I would say that how things turn out to be in the end is going to depend very much on the validity of this study and on what amount they find (i.e. above 10 ppb or not). We will see if we can say that there is still some hope. If so, the next battle will be the isomers issue (DMAA is not a unique molecule, it has four different isomers).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

def time to stock up if you like this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most companies have been removing it from their PWOs already...Powerchews PWO now has a triple caffeine formula instead of DMAA, and it just isn't the same

Questions? E-mail me at muscleaddiction@needtobuildmuscle.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dmaa is great stuff I used a kind from ergo farm which was called testfarce witch had Dmaa and sarcopenia in it. potent shit and I had some major wood all the time which meant I had to make sure I always was sitting behind my desk at school to keep the random would from showing.

Thread Information