User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Vitamin Shoppe brand good?

I use a couple of their pills (copper, P-5-P) and recently bought a liquid methyl B-12 B complex (basically 100% of all the B vitamins and a big dose of methylcobalamin) and it claims to be raspberry flavor but actually tastes... well, when I first opened it the smell hit me pretty strongly. It tastes like cola mixed with beans and a little raspberry thrown in the mix.

Just want to make sure these are high quality supplements since they're often priced more attractively than other brands.

USP Labs Board Sponsor Casey@USPlabs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead0 View Post
    I use a couple of their pills (copper, P-5-P) and recently bought a liquid methyl B-12 B complex (basically 100% of all the B vitamins and a big dose of methylcobalamin) and it claims to be raspberry flavor but actually tastes... well, when I first opened it the smell hit me pretty strongly. It tastes like cola mixed with beans and a little raspberry thrown in the mix.

Just want to make sure these are high quality supplements since they're often priced more attractively than other brands.
    I've always had decent results with their products.... I'm actually currently using some of their VS and their Bodytech line. Not bad for the price and availability.
    USPlabs' Alpha Ginger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually work for vitamin shoppe and we don't make our products. We basically just have companies make slight adjustments so that it's not the exact product and then put our label on them. For example, our liquid fish oil is made by Carlson. I have no clue who makes that product though. The other thing is all our stuff is third-party tested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of their mineral products were made by Solgar and BodyTech stuff by Pinnacle (when I worked there in the the late 1990's and early 2000's)
    formerly known as Tatsuo, circa 2002

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by subber10 View Post
    I actually work for vitamin shoppe and we don't make our products. We basically just have companies make slight adjustments so that it's not the exact product and then put our label on them. For example, our liquid fish oil is made by Carlson. I have no clue who makes that product though. The other thing is all our stuff is third-party tested.
    Very good to know...I've been using the VS brand liquid fish oil for ~year...can't beat the price...also currently using the Whey Tech 24...I've read it's the same as ON..? Not sure how true that is, but it's decent...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Cortisol control: ReduceXT; Test Boost: DAA (150g bulk & caps)
    Pump/N.O./Recover :Agmatine (50g bulk; 100g bulk & caps)
    Test support/Sleep boost: ZMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schizm76 View Post
    Very good to know...I've been using the VS brand liquid fish oil for ~year...can't beat the price...also currently using the Whey Tech 24...I've read it's the same as ON..? Not sure how true that is, but it's decent...
    Yeah the liquid fish oil is awesome, can't beat it at all. I've heard different things on the BodyTech line. When I started two years ago, the manager at the time said it was made by Dymatize, or at least the protein was, but I've also heard ON.

Thread Information