User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New member seeking help/ advice for Low T

Mind and muscle community-I'm glad to have found thus forum as I've heard it is a great place to learn.I'm 27 year old with very low test levels. I've had them checked three times in the last 4 months. All results should approximately 180 total T on a scale of 250-1100 ng/dl.I've never had ANY pro hormone or AAS use.

I did have cancer and subsequent chemotherapy--wondein if that could have affected me even though I was verY young at the time of my illness and chemo.I'm physically fit, strong in the gym, and eat very clean. I'm hoping to learn about options I may have in raising my natural test levels without committing to replacement therapy. My wife and I are trying to conceive and I don't want to risk my fertility.*Looking into a possible Clomid restart. If anyone could point me in the direction of things to read/ research regarding that it would be greatly appreciated.*I know I have much to learn...

I did some posting in the new member section and have had some great help/ replies from member SoCal and GaWd...I just thought I would post here as this is the actual section for the topic I need help with...

I did have a pretty sizable workup workup of labs done through an endocrinologist I was referred to. I am attaching those to this to my post.

My test levels have been low at least since I was a senior in high school. I went to an endo for lethargy, mood, etc. and was told I was low then. At the time they wanted to treat me with TRT, but my parents did not feel comfortable with hormone replacement at the time, so nothing was done. I had actually completely forgot all about that until I was told by a different endo (same office) that I had been a patient there before back in 2003.

I know that I am capable of having children. My wife and I had two pregnancies within a 4 month time period. One of those ended in miscarriage and the other in our beautiful 14 month old daughter. I hope that is a good sign.

In regards to symptoms of low T, I sought help due to extreme fatigue, mental fog, memory lapses, very low libido, and fat gain in the midsection (although this is now going a way some due to a diet change--MUCH lower carbs). Depression is not really an issue, although I am on Lexapro for anxiety. In regards to body composition, I would not say that I really exhibit too many symptoms. I can grow a beard in a matter of a few days, have good strength gains in the gym, and am physically more fit than many in the gym. I do have a stressfull job as a special education teacher, but I wouldn't think that has played too big of a role since my levels have been low for years.

For that reason, the endo I saw does not feel like I am a true "low T" patient, despite my EXTREMELY low levels for a 27 yr old. My dad has also been diagnosed with low T, but at 58 his levels are still near 260.

I am at a loss at what to do. The endo just told me to wait 8 more weeks and then get blood drawn again--I am not sure why exactly he wants me to do this...I only spoke with his assistant. She was not sure either. It really is frustrated to not get any answers directly from the doc.

I want to feel better. I know that I need to do something about this and I am very thankful and appreciative of your time...

-LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the labs I meant to attach...thanks guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, isn't this a repost?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it is. I'm going to lock this thread. Continue to use the other one, since it has several replies already.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the aforementioned thread: http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/4...p-advice-low-t

Thread Information