User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best BCAAs for your buck?

I was curious as to what people thought in regards to the best BCAAs out there for their buck? What is it and how to you use it?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The M+M store sells bulk BCAAs. Most things (BCAAs are no exception), are cheaper per unit in bulk. Look at the MuscleFeast products for good products and value. Otherwise, AMS' Body Mortar CF is good stuff, too.

http://supplements.mindandmuscle.net...result/?q=bcaa

BCAAs are branched-chain amino acids-called such because of their shape, and consist of 3 amino acids (normally in a 4:1:1 ratio): leucine, isoleucine and valine.

Here's more scientific info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branched-chain_amino_acids

I use BCAAs for pre-workout supplementation, as well as during fasts (for IF diets and whatnot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using Scivation Xtend right now, but it is quite pricey.

Also-I replied to the other threat you commented on regarding the low t...if you get a chance, please check it out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xtend is awesome stuff, but pricey for sure. If you can find the old Xtend formula, it can be really affordable. I hoarded a bunch fo the stuff when I saw it on sale for less than $10 per container.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't beat the price of bulk BCAAs. I use some of the walmart brand crystal lite to flavor.
    Mind and Muscle Rep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in Germany you can buy ultra micronized BCAA's from a producer called ESN. They taste great for an BCAA product (rasberry- and lemon ice tea flavour) & it dissolves perfectly. Best flavoured BCAA's I'ver ever had by now. Not very cheap as bulk but those who have ;0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like powerchews BCAA they taste like candy and you can take them any were U go. you can pick these up at NTMB check them out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://nutrabio.com/Products/BCAA.htm#.T0-n0fEgfuo

2:1:1 ratio, you can always buy leucine or other stuff at a similar price too and still have a good deal.

1000g for 43$
    Last edited by nostawjk; March 1st, 2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added link now that I have 10 posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE151 View Post
    I like powerchews BCAA they taste like candy and you can take them any were U go. you can pick these up at NTMB check them out
    I wish I had some of these when I was on vacation. The portability of them is what makes them great.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess as someone who always complains that people don't give adequate / no reviews at all, I should contribute here

*VPX BCAA + EAA Nitrates - Taste average, can give you low blood pressure

* ALRI Chaine'd out - Taste good, additional adaptogens (in undisclosed probably underdosed amounts), since ~2months in a bigger tube for the same price

* OLIMP EAA - Taste acceptable, good profile, pretty cheap

* Xtend - Taste average, damn expensive

* AXCell - taste good, solves like crap, expensive (got one tub for 50% back in the day would not have bought it otherwise)

* Bulk BCAA - does not solve (unless you buy ajinomoto, but then you can better get something with flavor in it) and tastes awful

I guess, I have had others, as well, but those are the ones that I can come up out of my hand without extensive amounts of other ingredients... maybe that helps
    visit my nutrition & exercise science blog!
    SuppVersity @ SuppVersity.blogspot.com

As ProfDrAndro, I am also one of the heads behind

BodyRX Radio @ www.bodyRXRadio.com
    and a frequent guest at Carl Lenore's
    SuperHumanRadio @ www.superhumanradio.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/u....html?sel=4297

Nevermind, not that good a deal really. I would like 10 pounds of 8.1.1 BCAA, instantized to make mixing easy. I use truenutrition but it is 2.1.1 so I add leucine. The BCAA itself is instantized but the Leucine isn't so it floats on the top.

I prefer to do my own flavoring with different koolaids, either sugar free or with sugar depending on what else I've been taking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a good deal to me.
    24$ for a kilo.

I'm confused on the ratio though. It says 8:1:1 but lists four things. Leucine, isoleucine, valine, and alanyl-glutamine
    ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, that price is good. I was looking at other store options and forgot the regular size is 15 ounces. So this isn't bad at all.

The alanyl glutamine is a fancy glutamine, which isn't a branch chain amino acid. It's just glutamine, which is supposed to be good but all I ever notice is ridiculously bad gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha

I think I may buy some. I'm somewhat concerned about how the glutamine throws off the ratio, since they don't say but still looks like a good deal as long as it's not loaded with it.

I'm not too concerned about flavor or mixability. I usually have some powder that tastes horrid and doesnt mix anyway and have accepted that my pre and post exercise mixes are going to taste like a mix of feces and urine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modern bcaa mixes really well and tastes pretty good. I usually add my own flavoring on top of it though just because I like it to be super sweet. I usually combine one serving of BCAA with one serving of Pepto Pro and one serving of gatorade powder and then some sugar free koolaid mix to make it taste super ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought (2) 1 kilo of BCAA from Smart Powders for around $20 last year.

One scoop of Body Mortar CF, 1 scoop of bulk BCAA, or 2 scoop of bulk and some random water-flavorers and it's fine. Drink it over the course of an hour or more, and it begins to do a good job dissolving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up two tubs of the Vpx nitrate stuff yesterday on a daily deal. I'll just mix those with my Body Mortar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked LGs BC+EAA. 8:1:1 ratio i believe. Kiwi watermelon, Blue Rasberry. between meals, intra workout, before bed.

1fast400

Xtend being overpriced lol. It's the lowest margin thing I sell.

Many of the altered makes no sense ratio bcaa products are now underdosed. I've tested most bcaa's out there at this point. Since most companies, especially smaller ones, simply ask a manufacture to make them something, they get screwed over. The biggest variance I've seen so far is 30% off. Leucine is the most expensive amino of the 3 now. It used to be the cheapest. That's why these altered forms were made, because it was cheaper. There is no science to support a 4-8-12:1 ratio. Many times in this industry you will get what you pay for, sometimes less! Just be wary of where you buy. Sometimes if a deal is too good to be true, it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast400 View Post
    Xtend being overpriced lol. It's the lowest margin thing I sell.

Many of the altered makes no sense ratio bcaa products are now underdosed. I've tested most bcaa's out there at this point. Since most companies, especially smaller ones, simply ask a manufacture to make them something, they get screwed over. The biggest variance I've seen so far is 30% off. Leucine is the most expensive amino of the 3 now. It used to be the cheapest. That's why these altered forms were made, because it was cheaper. There is no science to support a 4-8-12:1 ratio. Many times in this industry you will get what you pay for, sometimes less! Just be wary of where you buy. Sometimes if a deal is too good to be true, it is.
    hmm, I just bought some from nutrplanet at an 8:1:1 ratio. I guess even if its off it'll still be ok and a good deal at 30$ a kilo with shipping.

Xtend must be making a buck off it if you're not.

Thread Information