User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fungi perfect lions mane liquid

Any fans of lions mane? I 've just started taking 1ml drops in my mouth of this product. But latelty ive read that releasing ngf can increase cancer, sucks! Anyways, in case anyone got this in their stack, let me know how you get on please
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken Lion's Mane before and never noticed any affect as far as I could tell. That said, from what I've gathered it's best used as a supplement for long term mental health and isn't supposed to improve cognition like a 'racetam. I've never heard of NGF increasing cancer risks but I'll definately have to look into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can have a look over here http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic...s/page__st__60 . I think its in the last few pages.
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey does anybody know what nootropic you could mix with weed to gain insight and increase creativity if that's possible? I mixed weed and a uridine combo and i had a very pleaseant frontal lobe ticking sensation and coldness. That usuall doesen't happen. Appreciate any tips.
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 mL of lion's mane is not going to do much. I found the largest effects at dosages close to 10 grams of 8:1 powder extract of the mycelium per day. At that dosage, I was spending approx $1.3 on the lion's mane per day. I was also taking ALCAR and ALCAR-Arginate to boost NGF receptor numbers. Unfortunately, the largest boosts you get can only be sustained if you maintain the huge dosages, which is too costly for my budget even when buying bulk powder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what 10 ml? Wow ud be running a cancer risk at that range lol. What were these effects? And how do you know it was not just the Alcar doing the work and not a combination of both?
    "I gave up giving up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancer is due to excess proliferation of cells due to lack of apoptosis. Increasing the growth of nerves/dendrites/etc. using nerve growth factor (NGF) won't result in cancer unless I am unaware of a study pointing to cancer as a risk factor. Further, lion's mane is seen to have anti-cancer properties so I was not worried about it.

I am not sure what each mL is equivalent to. It all depends on the extracts dosage of erinacines and hericenones for stimulating NGF. I was taking 10 grams of the extracted mycelium each day.

Effects seen were an increase in ability to store information quickly. I am finishing up my last year of university and there is alot of material to memorize. I had been taking ALCAR and its arginate alone for some time at a dosage of 500mg ALCAR, plus 300 mg of the ALCAR-A, before taking the Lion's mane and yes, these did provide a certain degree of boost. When taking the Lion's Mane, I found that there was an even greater boost (info seemed to be easier to store and remember at a later date).

That being said, the effects seen could have been placebo or due to the other health effects from other components of the mushroom extract as I was not getting my NGF levels tested (Is there a medical test for NGF levels?)

Thread Information