User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Failed drug test w/ scripts of Lyrica, Adderall, Bactrim, and Tramadol.

Ok, I have prescriptions for all of these three, but I tested positive for Benzos, Methadone, and Amphetamines(of course). On one of those red top 10 panel all-in-one tests kits.

I have no fucking idea how this happened, but it did and luckily (kind of) it was a job that I was applying for and not previously held. I had secured the position though and all I needed was to do was pass the drug screen. And the Safety Dick made this big fucking deal about all of it and I said hey, I will leave now and go straight to my Drs office and take an in house drug screen and then a lab blood drawn to prove you and your rinkydink piss testing contraption wrong.

Well, guess what happened. I was tested as soon as I walked into the door I was handed a specimen cup and made to give a sample she only tested the ones at question plus my amp and the result was.....Negative on all but the Amp. What the fuck? I just lost a new job opportunity making $60,500/yr on faulty testing equipment or a false positive.

Someone please shed some light on this, so I can show this uneducated dumb motherfucker he is wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Ok, I have prescriptions for all of these three, but I tested positive for Benzos, Methadone, and Amphetamines(of course). On one of those red top 10 panel all-in-one tests kits.

I have no fucking idea how this happened, but it did and luckily (kind of) it was a job that I was applying for and not previously held. I had secured the position though and all I needed was to do was pass the drug screen. And the Safety Dick made this big fucking deal about all of it and I said hey, I will leave now and go straight to my Drs office and take an in house drug screen and then a lab blood drawn to prove you and your rinkydink piss testing contraption wrong.

Well, guess what happened. I was tested as soon as I walked into the door I was handed a specimen cup and made to give a sample she only tested the ones at question plus my amp and the result was.....Negative on all but the Amp. What the fuck? I just lost a new job opportunity making $60,500/yr on faulty testing equipment or a false positive.

Someone please shed some light on this, so I can show this uneducated dumb motherfucker he is wrong
    Tramadol is (or has as a metabolite that is) an opiate compound. It likely has enough chemical similarity to methadone to trigger a crude drug screen. Benzodiazepines is more of a stretch, but it's conceivable Lyrica could set it off, though the chemical similarity between the two is fairly weak.

But I'm missing something; you went to your doctor and you were cleared of the first two. Can't you dispute the original screen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've no idea on the mechanism but I've seen comments from people elsewhere that bactrim has caused them to show positive for benzos.
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Dubio View Post
    Tramadol is (or has as a metabolite that is) an opiate compound. It likely has enough chemical similarity to methadone to trigger a crude drug screen. Benzodiazepines is more of a stretch, but it's conceivable Lyrica could set it off, though the chemical similarity between the two is fairly weak.

But I'm missing something; you went to your doctor and you were cleared of the first two. Can't you dispute the original screen?
    I thought that would clear me too, but this retard safety guy insists that he must follow the company's procedures and won't allow it. I offered to go and take a blood test and offered to pay for it as well, and he said no! That he had to go by what his 10 panel in one cup drug test says. I'm speechless. I've taken dozens of drug tests, with all of this in my system except for bactrim.. I really needed that job, its a damn shame the way some people conduct themselves.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're concerning yourself with the wrong thing.

The safety guy has an important job. It's his job to ensure a safe work place. He is there-and his ass is on the line-to ensure that company safety protocol are not violated. Violations of these protocol could lead to all kinds of consequences, depending on the environment, but include loss of paid contracts, loss of ISO certifications, loss of security certifications and whatnot.

What does your contact-your HR person, your hiring manager, your sponsor-say about this? They are the ones with a stake in your hiring, not the safety guy. They are the ones who will discuss the situation with those who are important and whom will (or will not) make an exception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, apparently you are a safety man. I understand all of that, but when you offer to go the extra mile and offer to pay for a $350 blood test over a $9 specimen cup and he is unwilling to help you and gets in a full blown argument with a psychiatrist over the phone and doesn't know jack shit about what he's talking about.. you know what man, just forget it. I really needed this job and I was overqualified for it anyhow. i'm just trying to pay my bills and support my family like every other man. I already lost the position anyway. I'm just trying to make sense of why this happened. Also, I have prescriptions for the false positives, but I haven't used them in months...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry lil feller, aintcha? Why don't you take some more tramadol.

Listen, what I am or am not doesn't make a whit of difference. The advice I gave you is how you work through this kind of situation. When you're done taking your misplaced anger at the "safety guy" out on me, sit down and think about it. It's solid advice.

If you approach your sponsor about the situation, and explain the false positives to them, let them know that you have scripts for them-without trying to blame the cup test or the guy who gave you the test-and they still don't make an exception, well maybe They Just Weren't That Into You...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I thought that would clear me too, but this retard safety guy insists that he must follow the company's procedures and won't allow it.
    What he meant was that he has no authority to deviate from the protocol.

You need to kick this up the ladder. Start with the person who offered you the job, explain what happened and ask to have a meeting with them and someone in HR with the authority to make exceptions to the testing policy.

That is the person to whom you should make your offer to take (and pay for) a blood test to clear your name.
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the others have said, you need to talk with the decision-maker, not the worker bee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I already lost the position though, I'm just trying to figure out what to do in the future to avoid all of this.

"They Just Weren't That Into You..."

Yeah, they were, up until the drug test. Honestly, it was the attitude and just complete rudeness from the safety dick that threw us all off track. Lmao! He kept saying BEE-ZOS, he tested positive for BEEZOS. lol, I said do you mean Benzodiazepines? He said no BEEZOS, I know what I'm talking about! HAHAHA!

Does BuSpar show up as a Benzo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaWd View Post
    Angry lil feller, aintcha? Why don't you take some more tramadol.

Listen, what I am or am not doesn't make a whit of difference. The advice I gave you is how you work through this kind of situation. When you're done taking your misplaced anger at the "safety guy" out on me, sit down and think about it. It's solid advice.

If you approach your sponsor about the situation, and explain the false positives to them, let them know that you have scripts for them-without trying to blame the cup test or the guy who gave you the test-and they still don't make an exception, well maybe They Just Weren't That Into You...
    I know, I know. Not angry, just tired of letting my family down. I had to go through a recruiter to get the job, so now my goal is clearing things up with them now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you have an offer pending the outcome of the drug test or did you think you were getting one and not have an official one? If it is the former, you may be able to salvage this opportunity.

However, I am not sure what type of position this is and there is the chance that being on a Benzo (script or no script), could be a safety hazard to the line of work. If you are operating equipment or driving the company could make that call regardless of whether the positive screen was just or not.

I think it is worth doing what the others have said. It seems you have gotten some good advice. Don't just let the position slip away if you have recourse.

Thread Information