User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposed I was to pack up my piece-of-shit-mobile and drive cross country for 4 weeks. I wouldn't be able to eat well... whatever I can get cheaply... and I would only be able to do bodyweight exercise (probably inconsistently). How much muscle and strength would I be apt to lose?

I know the answer is a broud range - I'm just trying to get an idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost a month due to injury and probably went down ~20% on lifts..this is just a rough estimate based on bench. It came back fairly quickly once I started again..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turoati,

back in the summer of 2000 a few friends and I did just that: drove cross country for 4 weeks. We all exercised by doing calistenics (sp) every day for 15-20 mins, plus we did a shit load of hiking. Our meals consisted mostly of canned goods, fruit from fruit stands, beef jerky, and fast food. If you're conscious of what you eat, i.e: chicken sandwiches, turkey chili, nuts, fresh fruit, you can maintain a good deal of your physique. Actually, from all the hiking we did in Utah, Colorado, S. Dakota, and Arizona, I was pretty friggin' ripped by the end of the month. Hell, even beer can be somewhat nutritious if you stick to brews like Guiness or "blonde-wheat" style beers. When I left Jersey I was 198, and ~10% bf. when I got back, I was 192, and significantly leaner. Once I hit the gym my strength was pretty much where it was before.

Oh yea, and we stopped at almost every gym we saw, inlcuding the mecca, Muscle Beach
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">I Am Shaman: The Best Selection of Ethnobotanicals, Teas, and Rare Oddities</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">http://www.mindandmuscle.net
    Fit-Fiction
    Planetary Nutrition: Bodybuilding Articles
    Athletic Edge Nutrition</span>

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">"I like anything fast enough to do something stupid in"
    -Xander Cage, XXX

"Sometimes you've got to keep doing bad, to keep writing good." -Miguel Pinero

"Quid Me Nutruit, Mea Destruit" (That which nourishes me destroys me)
    -Ovid

"It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, or how much money you have... you gotta wash your ass." -Red Foxx

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty, when the people fear the government, you have tyranny" -Thomas Jefferson.</span>

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated. -Mitch Hedberg, R.I.P buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i doubt you'll lose any actual contractile tissue as long as you get a decent amoutn of protein and cals. You'll lose glycogen and feel smaller, but I dont' think much damage can be done in 4 weeks of what really amounts to "rest".

Thread Information