I hike a lot. I always thought I was immune to poison oak, but the last week proved otherwise. We've had major flooding and all our trails are gone, so any hiking I do is in washed out river beds and brush. Turns out a lot of the brush is also poison oak, stripped of its leaves, and impossible to see. To add insult to injury, I went out again yesterday in shorts and Vibrams for 5 hours, so I'm fairly sure I got more. I am an idiot.
I'm considering running some Prednisone, but I'm hesitant to use it. My Dad will prescribe it, but he also tends to give me whatever I want. I'll admit ignorance to the pros and cons here, so I was hoping for some advice.