User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 5,000 mcg sublingual methylcobalamin and 3,000 mcg sublingual dibencozide to be taken daily.

Using methylcobalamin primarily for mood and regulation of circadian rhythm. Using dibencozide primarily to hopefully correct some hematological anomalies persistently present in CBC results.

Also, numbness, tingling at extremities, etc.

Do I take these in the morning, afternoon, evening? Before, after or away from meals (empty stomach)?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sprinkles @ Aug 3 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Now, please stop acting like a douche bag and try to understand your own nature.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Testiclops @ Mar 15 2010, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's 5,000 mcg sublingual methylcobalamin and 3,000 mcg sublingual dibencozide to be taken daily.

Using methylcobalamin primarily for mood and regulation of circadian rhythm. Using dibencozide primarily to hopefully correct some hematological anomalies persistently present in CBC results.

Also, numbness, tingling at extremities, etc.

Do I take these in the morning, afternoon, evening? Before, after or away from meals (empty stomach)?</div>

Personally, I take all of my B vitamins in the AM either just before or just after breakfast. I'm sure someone has some research based knowledge of the best time to take 'em, but I would imagine the AM to be the best time as B vitamins tend to stimulate me subtly and they might interfere with sleep. Large doses of b12 also seem to make me hungry, but it's been a while since I have experimented with individual B vits outside of a complex.

Are you saying that they give you numbness, tingling, etc. or that you are concerned about it?

Since they are sub-lingual, I see no reason to concern yourself with food timing.
    How vain it is to sit and write, when one has not stood up to live. -- Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know much about specifically dibencozide unfortunately, but whenever I've used methylcobalamin I've always taken in the morning and some people do talk about minor stimulation.

Moreover ... what more than one study is saying is that the light-induced suppression of melatonin is enhanced by methylcobalamin injection, so the effect of light to entrain circadian rhythms is basically enhanced. So this would practically point to using it in the morning, but the thing with methyl B12 is that theoretically it's going to be with you for a while and accumulate after you take it anyway ... wiki lists a six-day half-life and 400 days in liver ... so what you might want to do when you're taking B12 is take the opportunity to improve light-related sleep hygiene in general, both during the day and in the evening and night.

It's possible that not doing so could make things worse, since if it does something it's making one more sensitive to the effect of light either way. Whereas using light to entrain the desired sleep rhythm will work faster with a stronger effect if it's not being thrown off.

So blast lights during the day and avoid lights at night, especially blueish computer/tv lights. I think F.lux is an amazing program by the way.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...f0cf52321f90d05
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (distinct @ Mar 15 2010, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you saying that they give you numbness, tingling, etc. or that you are concerned about it?</div>
    Nah, these are other symptoms that I'm having which might also suggest a B-12 deficient state. Was going to test Methymalonic acid (urinary) but it will cost me a fortune.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sprinkles @ Aug 3 2008, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Now, please stop acting like a douche bag and try to understand your own nature.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (graatch @ Mar 16 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So blast lights during the day and avoid lights at night, especially blueish computer/tv lights. I think F.lux is an amazing program by the way.</div>
    Very good to know. Guess I'll have to re-enable that F.lux thing. I'm exactly the type to be on the computer until right before I go to bed (well into the AM).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (graatch @ Mar 15 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Moreover ... what more than one study is saying is that the light-induced suppression of melatonin is enhanced by methylcobalamin injection, so the effect of light to entrain circadian rhythms is basically enhanced.</div>

Interesting! Perhaps this was why, tonight, one of my fellow up-all-nighters (big project) offered me some B12 because he said he felt it helps him stay up at night.

Thread Information