User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question about bruising Iíve been getting for the past few months, any input would be greatly appreciated. Hereís the run down:

-almost always on my legs
    -some large ones, some small (but I basically always have Dalmatian legs)
    -noticed they show up after a heavy night of drinking, even if Iím not roughing around
    -stopped fish oil 2 months ago

Iíve always been slightly clumsy, but the amount and frequency seems to be increasing to the point where I always have tons of bruises. Used to think it was from training jiu jitsu, but I stopped that 2 mo ago and it still looks like my boyfriend beats me. Time frame wise, it seems to have started when I started my bout of binge drinking (thanks college).

I know alcohol thins the blood and some people can bruise easier than others when intoxicated, but is it anyoneís opinion this is a symptom of liver damage? (Iím only 20) Any other thoughts? Thanks guys [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JENNuh @ Sep 4 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have a question about bruising Iíve been getting for the past few months, any input would be greatly appreciated. Hereís the run down:

-almost always on my legs
    -some large ones, some small (but I basically always have Dalmatian legs)
    -noticed they show up after a heavy night of drinking, even if Iím not roughing around
    -stopped fish oil 2 months ago

Iíve always been slightly clumsy, but the amount and frequency seems to be increasing to the point where I always have tons of bruises. Used to think it was from training jiu jitsu, but I stopped that 2 mo ago and it still looks like my boyfriend beats me. Time frame wise, it seems to have started when I started my bout of binge drinking (thanks college).

I know alcohol thins the blood and some people can bruise easier than others when intoxicated, but is it anyoneís opinion this is a symptom of liver damage? (Iím only 20) Any other thoughts? Thanks guys [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]</div>

this has got to be a joke right? You're probalby just bumping into stuff while you're drunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope not a joke. As you can see i noted that it still happens even when I'm not roughing around. But just to entertain that idea..doesn't everyone bump into things when they are drunk? Why would my legs be so fucked up if it was just from that..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe try eating some beef or taking iron supplementation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to bruise a lot more when I was eating a lot of blood thinning foods like garlic. Any foods/supps you use regularly that thin the blood could contribute to this.
    Kicking ass is my comfort food

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the tips!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is worthless without pics. Plus I can't find any. If you all wanted nudes that would be another story...

So tonight we're drinking AND going to San Diego, if she isn't lumped the fuck up tomorrow for pics I'd be surprised.
    Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded. ~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~Krishnamurti

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy. ~Voltaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D-termine @ Sep 5 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So tonight we're drinking AND going to San Diego, if she isn't lumped the fuck up tomorrow for pics I'd be surprised.</div>

I always take sesamin before I go out drinking. Thoughts on this as a contributor? I'm not taking it tonight..we'll see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened to an ex a lot: big funny looking bruises after drinking, or drinking cough syrup, taking pills, etc. Despite the occasional DXM we both had and have excellent memories and we never remembered her falling or bumping into stuff.

I gave her an iron supplement (9mg per day) and, yes indeed, it stopped happening and we continued having responsible fun. She was a vegetarian with, within those confines, a somewhat poor diet. If she had a tendency towards mild anemia for that reason, it's easy to reach the conclusion that a lot of diuresis from alcohol or DXM, or increased blood pressure and reduced circulation via DXM or MDMA, exaggerated it, a symptom being easy bruising.
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw the 9mg was a sixth of a 54mg tablet ... which is ridiculous for most people ... don't overdo iron supplementation
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K-2 and bioflavonoid supplements will also probably help...so will a chinese herb called pseudoginsing.
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this correlate with low estrogen levels?
    <span style="color:#660000"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">"... </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#8b0000">fresh bread, which deforms elastically is not frangible." --Wikipedia</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (graatch @ Sep 5 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I gave her an iron supplement (9mg per day) and, yes indeed, it stopped happening and we continued having responsible fun. If she had a tendency towards mild anemia for that reason, it's easy to reach the conclusion that a lot of diuresis from alcohol or DXM, or increased blood pressure and reduced circulation via DXM or MDMA, exaggerated it, a symptom being easy bruising.</div>

Thanks much this was pretty much the answer I was looking for. Always thought you had to be weak to be anemic but mild anemia was recently brought to my attention by another doctor. I'll prob start an iron supp after I get my blood work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benson @ Sep 6 2009, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>K-2 and bioflavonoid supplements will also probably help...so will a chinese herb called pseudoginsing.</div>

thanks benson i'll check it out!

Thread Information