User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malaysian Ginseng (AKA) Tongkat Ali, Pasak Bumi, or Eurycoma Longifolia.

Supposedly taking this herb causes aggression, increased libido and testosterone increase.

Most every type of ginseng has been overmarketed to the extent that most brands are worthless crap, so it tends to be a big negative for something to be called "ginseng". However, has anyone looked closer at this stuff to see if it would be useable post-cycle of 1-test as a possible alternative to Tribulus?

Not much science on the stuff that I can see. Wanted to see if anyone had explored it further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is off of the top of my head (have not read about Ginseng for some time), but, Ginseng always seemed to work best as an Adrenal tonic, so that one who was overly stressed, perhaps found the best of benefits as opposed to a healthier individual; and if it did stimulate an Adrenal lag, perhaps it would increase DHEA levels and Androstenedione levels, accounting for the possible increase in Test, Libido, and aggression (would also stimulate Adrenaline).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard about Malaysian ginseng but I have been using quite a bit of Ashwaganda, which I believe is in the ginseng family. I've been using it for the last 3 weeks and after 1.5 weeks I started getting indications of high T level including much increased aggression, sex drive, oily facial skin, and acne. The acne skin and oily skin are significant as usually my facial skin is so dry I have to apply moisturizer and I haven't had acne like this in 10 years (I'm 29). This is also the only supplement I'm taking at this time other than a multivitamin and antioxidants.

I have also previously used Korean ginseng which seems to have an effect on energy and fat burning but none of the apparent testosterone increases.

Son, You Just Gotta Run Where They Ain't - Vince Lombardi
    Higher-Faster-Sports.com

Thread Information