User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been dosing lyrica (150-300mg) a night off and on for some time. Every time I dose it I get INCREDIBLE sleep which leaves me refreshed and full of energy the next day. Not even GHB leaves me so refreshed.. is there any other supplement out there that can do the same? Anyone else have this effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same experience and I belive Necrosis noted this as well.

After doing some digging it appears that Lyrica enchanches nonrapid eye movement sleep and decreases rapid eye movement sleep.
    Along these lines Pregabalin induces dose-dependent increases in relative delta power after administration (link to a nifty study).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171489...Pubmed_RVDocSum

So why is this a big deal ?

The deepest stage of non-REM (NREM) sleep, characterized by a larger amount of synchronized slow-wave EEG (brainwave activity) than in other stages. These slow waves are called delta activity. During slow-wave sleep (SWS) the brain becomes less responsive to external stimuli; it is considered the deepest sleep as it is the hardest stage from which to awaken.

Basically SWS appears to be very important for the restorative effects of sleep, check out the sections in the Wikipedia article, especially under Restoration, anabolic and memory processing :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep#cite_note-31

So how does Lyrica differ from classical sedatives eg benzos ?

A double-blind study in healthy volunteers to assess the effects on sleep of pregabalin compared with alprazolam and placebo.Hindmarch I, Dawson J, Stanley N.
    HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, School of Biomedical & Molecular Sciences, Egerton Road, Guildford, UK.

STUDY OBJECTIVES: To assess the effects of pregabalin compared with alprazolam and placebo on aspects of sleep in healthy volunteers. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled, 3-way crossover. SETTING: Single research center. PARTICIPANTS AND INTERVENTIONS: Healthy adult (12 men) volunteers (N=24) received oral pregabalin 150 mg t.i.d., alprazolam 1 mg t.i.d., and placebo t.i.d. for 3 days. MEASUREMENTS AND RESULTS: Objective sleep was measured by an 8-channel polysomnograph; subjective sleep was measured using the Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire. Compared with placebo, pregabalin significantly increased slow-wave sleep both as a proportion of the total sleep period and the duration of stage 4 sleep. Alprazolam significantly reduced slow-wave sleep. Pregabalin and alprazolam produced modest, but significant, reductions in sleep-onset latency compared with placebo. Rapid eye movement sleep latency after pregabalin was no different than placebo but was significantly shorter than that found with alprazolam. Although there were no differences between the active treatments, both pregabalin and alprazolam reduced rapid eye movement sleep as a proportion of the total sleep period compared with placebo. Pregabalin also significantly reduced the number of awakenings of more than 1 minute in duration. Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire ratings of the ease of getting to sleep and the perceived quality of sleep were significantly improved following both active treatments, and ratings of behavior following awakening were significantly impaired by both drug treatments. CONCLUSIONS:Pregabalin appears to have an effect on sleep and sleep architecture that distinguishes it from benzodiazepines. Enhancement of slow-wave sleep is intriguing, since reductions in slow-wave sleep have frequently been reported in fibromyalgia and general anxiety disorder.

Basically while benzos makes shut-eye easier, sleep quality goes down the toilet. Lyrica does the opposite.

Now to answer your question are there other substances that has similiar effect on sleep quality ?

Yes, option A = Gabitril (Tiababine) :

Pilot study of lorazepam and tiagabine effects on sleep, motor learning, and impulsivity in cocaine abstinence.Morgan PT, Malison RT.
    Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine and Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA. peter.morgan@yale.edu

OBJECTIVES: To test the effects of mechanistically different GABA modulating agents on the disrupted sleep and cognitive function associated with abstinence from cocaine. METHODS: We examined the effects of lorazepam and tiagabine on polysomnographically measured sleep and cognition in six cocaine dependent persons. Participants were studied during the first and second week of controlled abstinence following intravenous, laboratory cocaine administration. RESULTS: Lorazepam and tiagabine decreased sleep latency, but whereas lorazepam markedly increased light sleep, tiagabine caused a dramatic shift toward slow-wave sleep. Despite increasing total sleep time, lorazepam impaired sleep dependent learning and increased next day impulsivity. CONCLUSIONS: These results introduce the possibility of different, sleep-related cognitive effects of mechanistically distinct GABAergic sedative hypnotics.

Option B = Neurontin (Gabapentin) :

Gabapentin increases slow-wave sleep in normal adults.Foldvary-Schaefer N, De Leon Sanchez I, Karafa M, Mascha E, Dinner D, Morris HH.
    Department of Neurology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA. foldvan@ccf.org

PURPOSE: The older antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) have a variety of effects on sleep, including marked reduction in rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep, slow-wave sleep (SWS), and sleep latency, and an increase in light sleep. The effects of the newer AEDs on sleep are unknown. Our purpose was to study the effect of gabapentin (GBP) on sleep. METHODS: Ten healthy adults and nine controls were the subjects of this study. All underwent baseline and follow-up polysomnography (PSG) and completed sleep questionnaires. After baseline, the treated group received GBP titrated to 1,800 mg daily. Polygraphic variables and Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS) scores, a subjective measure of sleep propensity, were compared by using the Wilcoxon signed rank test. RESULTS: Nine of the treated subjects achieved the target dose; one was studied with 1,500 mg daily because of dizziness experienced at the higher dose. GBP-treated subjects had an increase in SWS compared with baseline. No difference in the ESS or other polygraphic variables was observed. However, a minor reduction in arousals, awakenings, and stage shifts was observed in treated subjects. CONCLUSIONS: GBP appears to be less disruptive to sleep than are some of the older AEDs. These findings may underlie the drug's therapeutic effect in the treatment of disorders associated with sleep disruption.

So you got Lyrica, Neurontin and Gabitril. Not sure about short-and long term safety though, there are reports of seizures and other side-effects in non-epileptics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (avantgarde @ Jul 10 2009, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I had the same experience and I belive Necrosis noted this as well.

After doing some digging it appears that Lyrica enchanches nonrapid eye movement sleep and decreases rapid eye movement sleep.
    Along these lines Pregabalin induces dose-dependent increases in relative delta power after administration (link to a nifty study).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1171489...Pubmed_RVDocSum

So why is this a big deal ?

The deepest stage of non-REM (NREM) sleep, characterized by a larger amount of synchronized slow-wave EEG (brainwave activity) than in other stages. These slow waves are called delta activity. During slow-wave sleep (SWS) the brain becomes less responsive to external stimuli; it is considered the deepest sleep as it is the hardest stage from which to awaken.

Basically SWS appears to be very important for the restorative effects of sleep, check out the sections in the Wikipedia article, especially under Restoration, anabolic and memory processing :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep#cite_note-31

So how does Lyrica differ from classical sedatives eg benzos ?

A double-blind study in healthy volunteers to assess the effects on sleep of pregabalin compared with alprazolam and placebo.Hindmarch I, Dawson J, Stanley N.
    HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, School of Biomedical & Molecular Sciences, Egerton Road, Guildford, UK.

STUDY OBJECTIVES: To assess the effects of pregabalin compared with alprazolam and placebo on aspects of sleep in healthy volunteers. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled, 3-way crossover. SETTING: Single research center. PARTICIPANTS AND INTERVENTIONS: Healthy adult (12 men) volunteers (N=24) received oral pregabalin 150 mg t.i.d., alprazolam 1 mg t.i.d., and placebo t.i.d. for 3 days. MEASUREMENTS AND RESULTS: Objective sleep was measured by an 8-channel polysomnograph; subjective sleep was measured using the Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire. Compared with placebo, pregabalin significantly increased slow-wave sleep both as a proportion of the total sleep period and the duration of stage 4 sleep. Alprazolam significantly reduced slow-wave sleep. Pregabalin and alprazolam produced modest, but significant, reductions in sleep-onset latency compared with placebo. Rapid eye movement sleep latency after pregabalin was no different than placebo but was significantly shorter than that found with alprazolam. Although there were no differences between the active treatments, both pregabalin and alprazolam reduced rapid eye movement sleep as a proportion of the total sleep period compared with placebo. Pregabalin also significantly reduced the number of awakenings of more than 1 minute in duration. Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire ratings of the ease of getting to sleep and the perceived quality of sleep were significantly improved following both active treatments, and ratings of behavior following awakening were significantly impaired by both drug treatments. CONCLUSIONS:Pregabalin appears to have an effect on sleep and sleep architecture that distinguishes it from benzodiazepines. Enhancement of slow-wave sleep is intriguing, since reductions in slow-wave sleep have frequently been reported in fibromyalgia and general anxiety disorder.

Basically while benzos makes shut-eye easier, sleep quality goes down the toilet. Lyrica does the opposite.

Now to answer your question are there other substances that has similiar effect on sleep quality ?

Yes, option A = Gabitril (Tiababine) :

Pilot study of lorazepam and tiagabine effects on sleep, motor learning, and impulsivity in cocaine abstinence.Morgan PT, Malison RT.
    Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine and Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA. peter.morgan@yale.edu

OBJECTIVES: To test the effects of mechanistically different GABA modulating agents on the disrupted sleep and cognitive function associated with abstinence from cocaine. METHODS: We examined the effects of lorazepam and tiagabine on polysomnographically measured sleep and cognition in six cocaine dependent persons. Participants were studied during the first and second week of controlled abstinence following intravenous, laboratory cocaine administration. RESULTS: Lorazepam and tiagabine decreased sleep latency, but whereas lorazepam markedly increased light sleep, tiagabine caused a dramatic shift toward slow-wave sleep. Despite increasing total sleep time, lorazepam impaired sleep dependent learning and increased next day impulsivity. CONCLUSIONS: These results introduce the possibility of different, sleep-related cognitive effects of mechanistically distinct GABAergic sedative hypnotics.

Option B = Neurontin (Gabapentin) :

Gabapentin increases slow-wave sleep in normal adults.Foldvary-Schaefer N, De Leon Sanchez I, Karafa M, Mascha E, Dinner D, Morris HH.
    Department of Neurology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA. foldvan@ccf.org

PURPOSE: The older antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) have a variety of effects on sleep, including marked reduction in rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep, slow-wave sleep (SWS), and sleep latency, and an increase in light sleep. The effects of the newer AEDs on sleep are unknown. Our purpose was to study the effect of gabapentin (GBP) on sleep. METHODS: Ten healthy adults and nine controls were the subjects of this study. All underwent baseline and follow-up polysomnography (PSG) and completed sleep questionnaires. After baseline, the treated group received GBP titrated to 1,800 mg daily. Polygraphic variables and Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS) scores, a subjective measure of sleep propensity, were compared by using the Wilcoxon signed rank test. RESULTS: Nine of the treated subjects achieved the target dose; one was studied with 1,500 mg daily because of dizziness experienced at the higher dose. GBP-treated subjects had an increase in SWS compared with baseline. No difference in the ESS or other polygraphic variables was observed. However, a minor reduction in arousals, awakenings, and stage shifts was observed in treated subjects. CONCLUSIONS: GBP appears to be less disruptive to sleep than are some of the older AEDs. These findings may underlie the drug's therapeutic effect in the treatment of disorders associated with sleep disruption.

So you got Lyrica, Neurontin and Gabitril. Not sure about short-and long term safety though, there are reports of seizures and other side-effects in non-epileptics.</div>

Great post! thanks for the reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone used it long-term who can comment on the significance of tolerance to a sleep-enhancing effect? (or lack thereof, though this seems rather rare for even atypical GABAnergics)
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

havent used it long term, but me and my missus have been regularly using the stuff for recreational purposes for nearly 3 years now, sometimes consuming over 1g in a session each (mind you a session can last nearly 48 hours). Tolerance with recreational doses rises fairly quickly, to the point that seems to stop working by the end of the second day and it takes about a week for most of it to fall and maybe 2 weeks to return to zero. Lyrica does do wanders for sleep though, it can effectively cancel any recreational stimulant out to allow you to sleep where it would had been near impossible without it. I can sleep for 3-4 hours with lyrica and wake up completely refreshed as if i slept a full nights sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (graatch @ Jul 13 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone used it long-term who can comment on the significance of tolerance to a sleep-enhancing effect? (or lack thereof, though this seems rather rare for even atypical GABAnergics)</div>

I have and just got back on it. I started using it back in 2006 and loved it. But, used it solo. The only problem I had was being tired everyday. Which is why I added Wellbutrin to the mix. It works wonders and so far I love it.

Sleep: I sleep probably 2-3 hours on it, then I wake up. And it is hard to go back to sleep after that. Which is why I am up at 4am and playing on the internet! I use Lyrica 150mgs 3 times a day, and Wellbutrin SR 150mg 2 times a day. But the sleep is very restful and I feel refreshed on a very limited amount of sleep. I love it.

tripp
    Werd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (graatch @ Jul 13 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone used it long-term who can comment on the significance of tolerance to a sleep-enhancing effect? (or lack thereof, though this seems rather rare for even atypical GABAnergics)</div>

the induction of sleep is removed, however, it does keep me down and the quality is amazing.

Anything over 150mgs makes me dizzy as fuck, i literally am banging into walls and spinning. Not a fun experience at all.
    Resident Witchdoctor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arctic Joe @ Jul 14 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>havent used it long term, but me and my missus have been regularly using the stuff for recreational purposes for nearly 3 years now, sometimes consuming over 1g in a session each (mind you a session can last nearly 48 hours). Tolerance with recreational doses rises fairly quickly, to the point that seems to stop working by the end of the second day and it takes about a week for most of it to fall and maybe 2 weeks to return to zero. Lyrica does do wanders for sleep though, it can effectively cancel any recreational stimulant out to allow you to sleep where it would had been near impossible without it. I can sleep for 3-4 hours with lyrica and wake up completely refreshed as if i slept a full nights sleep.</div>

curious to know what recreational effects you get from it on that dose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify I dont mean doing 1g+ in a single dose, we'd take 300-600mg then take another booster 5 or so hours later, and usually a third maybe after another 5-6 hours. In total some sessions we'd consume close to 2g, but only because after consuming 1g+ tolerance increases considerably and sometimes we'd feel stupidly reluctant to let the night end. The effects are usually reminiscent of ghb, we'd get pretty chilled out, chatty and have a lot of sex (possibility of reaching orgasm is near zero though). We do get that drunk-ish feeling where you bump into stuff and are being a clumsy fuck, but its far less noticeable with time.
    We usually start with some other substance on a night out (alcohol or some stimulants) then get home and when it comes to bed time we take like 300-450mg of lyrica "to help us sleep", and 90% of the time the night gets started like this as once lyrica's kicked in we often feel indifferent to sleep (although we could fall asleep if we wanted within a minute), its almost strangely mentally refreshing / stimulating in a weird way once you go over a certain dose. Another cool thing we noticed is that the next day it makes us both very productive and easy going, you just get shit done, no fucking about. We used to feel a bit dopey next day but i think we're quite used to it now as a benefit though it will remove even the worst of hangovers, i could drink a fucking bottle of tequila and after 450mg of lyrica i will feel fresh as fuck the next day. I wouldnt recommend taking a large dose if you have to drive somewhere within next 20 hours though. Also taking it when you are quite drunk can cause nausea or at least it used to years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it compare to neurontin (gabapentin) if you've tried that? I was not really impressed with gabapentin for that type of use and I am under the impression that pregabalin is similar but possibly better?
    "Also, can I rig some sort of enema out of household items?" -Tussman

"I don't have the stamina for a 3-some, and I am a one-pump chump" -Ubiyca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FunkOdyssey @ Jul 17 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How does it compare to neurontin (gabapentin) if you've tried that? I was not really impressed with gabapentin for that type of use and I am under the impression that pregabalin is similar but possibly better?</div>

similar, neurontin is more clumsy and stupid but better with alcohol ime.

lyrica has euphoric effects that dissipate. Lyrica is better for sleep ime.
    Resident Witchdoctor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FunkOdyssey @ Jul 18 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How does it compare to neurontin (gabapentin) if you've tried that? I was not really impressed with gabapentin for that type of use and I am under the impression that pregabalin is similar but possibly better?</div>

I tried gabapentin years ago and i wasnt too impressed, but having said that neither was i blown away by lyrica until messing around with higher doses with my gf. i tried lyrica in a social setting and its a hit and miss, at the start it would make me a bit tense that im being clumsy or am congnitivelly impaired until it really kicked in (it can take and hour or two for it to "smoothen out"). lyrica did seem to have much longer half life and i couldnt remember gabapentin giving any sort of positive "afterglow" effect the next day where lyrica really scores points for me.
    also for my gf this shit is worth its weight in gold when it comes to general anxiety and mild depression, nothing has ever worked as good. Too bad it makes her go fat with chronic usage so she only uses it sporadically, when needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much everyone. I should get some of this again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I sleep probably 2-3 hours on it, then I wake up. And it is hard to go back to sleep after that. Which is why I am up at 4am and playing on the internet! I use Lyrica 150mgs 3 times a day, and Wellbutrin SR 150mg 2 times a day. But the sleep is very restful and I feel refreshed on a very limited amount of sleep. I love it.</div>

This cannot be healthy long-term you know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Lyrica does do wanders for sleep though, it can effectively cancel any recreational stimulant out to allow you to sleep where it would had been near impossible without it. I can sleep for 3-4 hours with lyrica and wake up completely refreshed as if i slept a full nights sleep.</div>

Cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>the induction of sleep is removed, however, it does keep me down and the quality is amazing.</div>

Especially if this pattern comes true for me.

===

re: recreational use, I remember taking 3-4 800mg gabapentin capsules when I was a young boy in high school (from a friend who had it prescribed for bipolar), every day during a certain period, a few weeks. It made me act strange and uninhibited, my social phobias disappeared and I got a lot of female attention. This was senior year after I had already gotten into the schools I wanted ...

More recently I had Lyrica and I gave some to my then-girlfriend, and she broke out into a rash (huge red itchy welts everywhere) for two days; we thought about going to the hospital.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Anything over 150mgs makes me dizzy as fuck, i literally am banging into walls and spinning. Not a fun experience at all.</div>

I don't care for benzodiazepines for recreation but (although I'll only take them like once yearly) I quite love zolpidem (Ambien), and, uh, properly prepared amanita muscaria. Gabapentin certainly jangled my thoughts a bit, IIRC ...
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FunkOdyssey @ Jul 17 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How does it compare to neurontin (gabapentin) if you've tried that? I was not really impressed with gabapentin for that type of use and I am under the impression that pregabalin is similar but possibly better?</div>

It is cleaner and it takes less to achieve the relaxed state. You had to use so damn much of Neurontin to achieve relaxation or low anxiety. 450-600mgs a day for me really gets the job done. I think I drank two beers at the club last night and it was only because someone bought them for me. I really had zero cravings to drink anything to relax in a public setting, it was cool...

Recreation wise, ehh, it really fucking expensive to get high with, thats for sure. 90 caps at Walgreens is $207!! I guess if you have insurance you wouldn't have to worry much about that. It is relaxing, without the feeling of being withdrawn from everything else.
    Werd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tripp @ Jul 19 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Recreation wise, ehh, it really fucking expensive to get high with, thats for sure. 90 caps at Walgreens is $207!! I guess if you have insurance you wouldn't have to worry much about that. It is relaxing, without the feeling of being withdrawn from everything else.</div>

Are you talking about pregabalin's price ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arctic Joe @ Jul 19 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you talking about pregabalin's price ?</div>

Yes, you know somewhere cheaper?
    Werd...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out there on the internets I've seen $16 for ten 150mg tablets, that would be $144 for 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FunkOdyssey @ Jul 21 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Out there on the internets I've seen $16 for ten 150mg tablets, that would be $144 for 90.</div>

thats still not that cheap, it can be found for half that. in fact someone should look into getting bulk powder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other day I took 900 mgs of Lyrica by mistake. It had been over a year since I had taken Lyrica so I had no tolerance. At the one hour mark I started to get all euphoric and felt like I was walking on air. I then took another 150mgs cap and proceed to get absolutely drunk. Complete social desinhibition at the expense of looking drunk (works better than alcohol). I was too drunk however, and I had to be accompanied to the hotel as I could not walk straight (think alcohol intoxication).

I did, however, experience incredible closed eye visuals, just like I always did at 450mgs and up doses in the past. I would close my eyes and would start getting all these lines in my vision field, then it would turn to like a TV does when it has no reception (black and grey), which would slowly melt down and I would see all kind of colours and my long known friends, the "tentacles". I ALWAYS get tentacles forming and morphing into a tunnel as if I was sliding down. This is exactly the same visual as the one I experience in 4-ACO-DMT. There is also depersonalisation to top it all, and I have read on Bluelight of users describing the experience similar to ketamine. Basically, I end up tripping balls thinking I am going to some parallel universe and not being conscious of my own self. I proceeded to pass out and woke up 12 hours later with a slight hangover which resolved upon taking some caffeine.

It is scary though, since this is a medication and scientists don't know yet as to the exact mechanism of how it works. On the other hand, it seems like an awesome drug to spend a saturday evening on your own, safely tripping and enjoying the mild euphoria. I would not, however, take high doses in a public setting unless you have developed tolerance and tested the effects before.
    "I am a man of few words" - Mayor Adam West

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump for me taking this for sleep (75mg). There is a major difference between 7-8 hours of pregabalin-powered sleep and my regular sleep even though I don't normally wake up much or have any obvious sleep problems. There is no doubt that it is enhancing the quality of sleep.

Thread Information