User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I recall of an thread which talks about how Wellbutrin actually raises DHEA and whatnot (99% sure) I just can't find it..

Any wanna shed any light on this?

I'm starting to take some (crush up a 150mg SR pill and eat only the white powder, a few times a week preworkout for a boost with some caffeine and other stuff. NICE)

EDIT: I think this is what I was looking for..

"Effects of methylphenidate and bupropion on DHEA-S and cortisol plasma levels in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.Lee MS, Yang JW, Ko YH, Han C, Kim SH, Lee MS, Joe SH, Jung IK.
    Korea University Medical Center, Seoul, Korea.

We evaluated plasma levels of DHEA-S and cortisol before and after treating ADHD patients with one of two medications: methylphenidate (n = 12) or bupropion (n = 10). Boys with ADHD (combined type) were evaluated with the Korean ADHD rating scale (K-ARS) and the computerized ADHD diagnostic system (ADS). All assessments were measured at baseline and repeated after 12 weeks. There were significant clinical improvements in both treatment groups as measured by K-ARS and ADS. DHEA-S levels increased from baseline to endpoint, but cortisol levels did not change significantly. This study suggests that both methylphenidate and bupropion increase plasma levels of DHEA-S in boys with ADHD."

Interesting eh?

Please guys, share your thoughts.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

P.S I know this isn't 'test' but it's better than nothing..
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey: dude the only reason nazi's didnt put blacks in concentration camps is because there werent any in germany.
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey:if there were they would have put them in before the jews.
    [02:15] Sanction no, I whipped out my penis and bludgeoned them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physiology

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulphated form DHEAS are the most abundent steroid products of the adrenal glands. The adrenal is the sole source of these steroids in women but in men there is also a small contribution from the testes. Formation of DHEA is stimulated by ACTH producing a significant diurnal variation in serum concentrations. DHEA is rapidly converted to DHEAS by an enzyme present in the adrenals, liver and small intestine. DHEAS is present at concentrations greater than 200 times that of DHEA and has a longer half-life which largely removes the diurnal variation. Neither form has significant androgenic activity but they are precursors to about 50% of androgens in men, 75% of active oestrogens in pre-menopausal women and 100% in post-menopausal women.

It is generally more clinically useful to measure DHEAS rather than DHEA due to the higher serum concentrations and reduced daily variation. There are few indications for the measurement of DHEA.

DHEA is a 19 carbon steroid with a molecular weight of 288 and a half-life in plasma of about 1 - 3 hours. The molecular weight of DHEAS is 371 and the half life is about 10 - 20 hours. DHEA is formed from pregnenolone by the enzyme 17,20 desmolase and metabolsied to androstenedione or testosterone by 3 beta- or 17 beta-hydrosteroid dehydrogenase respectively. Hydrosteroid sulphatase converts DHEA to DHEAS and sulphohydrolase reverses this reaction.

Pathology

Raised levels of DHEAS are found in the plasma of patients with adrenal tumours or with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. DHEAS may also be slightly elevated in patients with polycystic ovaries, supporting an adrenal component to the virilisation seen in this condition. HCG-production tumours in men may lead to increased testicular DHEA production.

DHEAS is usually undetectable with adrenal insufficiency or panhypopituitarism. Concentrations are slightly decreased in pregnancy and with oral contraceptive use and markedly decreased following glucocorticoid administration. There is a gradual decline from early adulthood with values in the 7th decade about 20-30% of young adult values. Low circulating concentrations are seen with severe illness and in patients with AIDS.

Wow interesting...

"Abstract
    Several lines of evidence suggest that dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEA-S) is invariably consumed following different types of acute stress, implicating its role in stress coping and recovery. The role of DHEA-S in the mood adjustment against negative outcome for athletic competition has not previously been investigated. In the current study, 14 elite golfers participating in a major national golf tournament were subsequently divided into two groups according to their competition outcomes: made the cut (n = 8) and failed to make the cut (n = 8). The Profile of Mood States (POMS) inventory and plasma concentrations of DHEA-S and cortisol were measured 1 day before the beginning of competition (baseline) and 1, 3, and 5 days after the players' final competition, in the morning (08.00-08.30 h) under fasted conditions. Results showed that the total mood disturbance scores and DHEA-S were not changed for the group that made the cut throughout the entire observation period. DHEA-S concentration for the group that failed to make the cut fell significantly below baseline values on day 1 and remained lower for 5 days. The Depression subscale of the POMS for the group that failed to make the cut was increased only on day 1 post-competition, reflecting a situational reaction to the event. Cortisol concentration for the group that made the cut fell significantly below baseline values on day 1 only after competition and no change was observed for the group that failed to make the cut. In conclusion, although the overall mood state post-competition was well-maintained for those golfers who had a negative competition outcome, plasma DHEA-S concentration was reduced for 5 days, suggesting that it has a role in the coping mechanism against psychological challenge.
    Keywords: Coping; dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate; athletic competition; resilience"

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~c...ll~jumptype=rss
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey: dude the only reason nazi's didnt put blacks in concentration camps is because there werent any in germany.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AFAIK no effect on Testosterone. Is that still the question?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dashforce @ May 30 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AFAIK no effect on Testosterone. Is that still the question?</div>

As long as it doesn't decrease it, no.. I just couldn't change the topic after I made it ;/

What about wellbutrin increasing DHEAS? Is this anything to note or be impressed with IYO?

Also, I'd pretty much just like to open up a general discussion about wellbutrin and it's PRO's-CON's and effects on various functions/hormones/etc stated in a matter of fact way, bulletpoint style, I guess it's not that simple though, lol.

Thread Information