User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone used L-Tyrosine in combination with other stimulants to restore or increase the efficacy of the stimulants? I read this on a pretty reputable sight by a knowledgeable poster. Just thought I would ask to get your opinions and experiences. If so, what was your dosing protocol?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bet, 1-2g works great, or 3g if its before a workout. You'll notice a bigger kick from any of the stims as well as an extra dopamine and CNS boost from the Tyrosine itself. Just make sure its on an empty stomach.

Body of Evidence Blog

"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up." -HST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marc McDougal @ Nov 11 2008, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You bet, 1-2g works great, or 3g if its before a workout. You'll notice a bigger kick from any of the stims as well as an extra dopamine and CNS boost from the Tyrosine itself. Just make sure its on an empty stomach.</div>

Thanks for the reply. Quick question though, is it dopamine that L-Tyrosine increases the pool of? ithough L-Tyrosine only increased the amount of NE and Epi? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlbaGuBrath @ Nov 11 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the reply. Quick question though, is it dopamine that L-Tyrosine increases the pool of? ithough L-Tyrosine only increased the amount of NE and Epi? Thanks.</div>
    All of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catecholamine.
    And yes, it definitely works for that, it is also really good for stim withdrawals.
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vlad Draculea @ Nov 13 2008, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>All of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catecholamine.
    And yes, it definitely works for that, it is also really good for stim withdrawals.</div>

I have L-tyrosine, L-Dopa, deprenyl and neither seem to do alot for me in terms of energy and mood. Strangely anything with Acetly-L-Tyrosine seems to perk me up a bit. Although admittedly this has been in an energy drink with caffiene so it might of just been this although the feeling was alot different to just caffience alone. Do you think this is a sign my catecholamines are too high relative to homestatis? FYI i do respond well to all the Gaba boosters and pretty sensitive to the cholines as well.

Thanks,

Flynno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tyrosine effects stimulants for me in a major way. I made the mistake of daily dosing tyrosine up to 2 grams a day. Daily dosing was starting to give me serious anxiety and racing thoughts. Used acutely when needed, it gives me a very noticable boost in the few gram range. pre-loading a few hours before ephedrine gives me an awsome kick and there seems to be a decrease in negative sides, and even the crash is more tolerable (i would assume due to an increase of available neurotransmiters)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flynnolicious @ Nov 12 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have L-tyrosine, L-Dopa, deprenyl and neither seem to do alot for me in terms of energy and mood. Strangely anything with Acetly-L-Tyrosine seems to perk me up a bit. Although admittedly this has been in an energy drink with caffiene so it might of just been this although the feeling was alot different to just caffience alone. Do you think this is a sign my catecholamines are too high relative to homestatis? FYI i do respond well to all the Gaba boosters and pretty sensitive to the cholines as well.

Thanks,

Flynno</div>

You may have a problem with methylation, meaning you undermethylate. If so, the only amino acid you should take is methionine or SAMe.

The acetyl form of tyrosine could be about methylation but I'm not sure.

The fact that deprenyl, dopamine and those other things didn't work could be explained by a methylation problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by sensitive to choline. Undermethylators can have some reactions to choline, I think. GABA may help because this type can be anxious.

SAMe or methionine (and the necessary augmenting nutrients) will help balance all your neurotransmitters.

I don't think your catecholamines are high. I think your histamine levels may be high though. Histamine is released from the body through methylation.
    Tell people something they know already and they will thank you for it.Tell them something new and they will hate you for it. George Monbiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (orthomolecular @ Nov 13 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You may have a problem with methylation, meaning you undermethylate. If so, the only amino acid you should take is methionine or SAMe.

The acetyl form of tyrosine could be about methylation but I'm not sure.

The fact that deprenyl, dopamine and those other things didn't work could be explained by a methylation problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by sensitive to choline. Undermethylators can have some reactions to choline, I think. GABA may help because this type can be anxious.

SAMe or methionine (and the necessary augmenting nutrients) will help balance all your neurotransmitters.

I don't think your catecholamines are high. I think your histamine levels may be high though. Histamine is released from the body through methylation.</div>

Champion. Whenever i take a choline type product i really don't have to take much for it to have an effect. Eg
    250g makes me mega focused but i actually feel blunted when i am on it. I am very much a social person but i do have many situations where i feel anxiety. I have just forced myself through certain situations and become confident and so don't feel anxiety. However, if i walk even 5 mins in coolish weather end in crowd i can sometimes feel self conscious, become anxious and then sweat. The Gaba's work remarkably well. In any case i went to the doctor today because going to Africa in a month and go some shots but while i was there decided i would get a script to get a blood test and check all these things. I have SAMe at home and not used it so far so i will start using it and see how I go.

Thanks mate

Thread Information