User Tag List

da_sense

Looking at different creatines I've found creatine phosphate. Label claims it's superior to creatine monohydrate as it doesn't retain water under skin and some other benefits.

I couldn't find much data on it...anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember seeing one study showing it (IIRC, this is a little fuzzy) to be quite comparable, though slightly less effective, at creatine pyruvate, which tends to have the best muscle saturation but is quite expensive. If I run across the study I'll post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creatine Gluconate is the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Advanc3d @ Sep 13 2008, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Creatine Gluconate is the best</div>

for you n=1 perhaps?

da_sense

I just found there is also Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate
    http://purebulk.com/creatine-ethyl-ester-m...e-1kg-p-47.html

and Dicreatine Malate
    http://purebulk.com/dicreatine-malate-1kg-p-68.html

too many stuff to choose from, i guess i'll stick to monohydrate as it works great to increase my BP (i have low BP naturally) and it seems to be working like mild mental stimulant for me (or it could be simply from higher BP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (da_sense @ Sep 14 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just found there is also Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate
    http://purebulk.com/creatine-ethyl-ester-m...e-1kg-p-47.html

and Dicreatine Malate
    http://purebulk.com/dicreatine-malate-1kg-p-68.html

too many stuff to choose from, i guess i'll stick to monohydrate as it works great to increase my BP (i have low BP naturally) and it seems to be working like mild mental stimulant for me (or it could be simply from higher BP)</div>

Creatine Gluconate is Creatine Monohydrate with a glucose molecule attached.
    glucose is the transporter for creatine in to the muscles.

that is why they say to take creatine monohydrate with glucose to cause an insulin spike to drive the creatine in to the muscles.

i been buying stuff from purebulk for about a year now (since they opened) they were called 1kg.us before.
    the guy is really nice, always the fastest delivery to australia (where i live)

da_sense

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Advanc3d @ Sep 14 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Creatine Gluconate is Creatine Monohydrate with a glucose molecule attached.

that is why they say to take creatine monohydrate with glucose to cause an insulin spike to drive the creatine in to the muscles.

i been buying stuff from purebulk for about a year now (since they opened) they were called 1kg.us before.
    the guy is really nice, always the fastest delivery to australia (where i live)</div>

any studies to confirm that creatine gluconate actually does what's advertised?

da_sense

So anyone to comment on creatine phosphate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Advanc3d @ Sep 14 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Creatine Gluconate is Creatine Monohydrate with a glucose molecule attached.

the guy is really nice, always the fastest delivery to australia (where i live)</div>

To my knowledge gluconic acid is an oxidized product of glucose and it doesn't turn back into glucose.

I don't believe the SizeON marketing and subsequent surge in bulk creatine gluconate sales/marketing is accurate. Gluconic acid doesn't cause an insulin spike either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know this all for sure, so maybe I should not comment. From my rudimentary biochem knowledge, creatine phosphate is the "end product" that creatine is stored as in the muscles. But I'm virtually certain that the phosphate group will be removed either in the small intestine before it is absorbed, or by the liver or something before it is transported to the muscles. I believe it has to be de-phosphorylated before it is transported into the cell, then re-phosphorylated inside the cell (if I am wrong someone tell me). So how much good is there to take it in it's end form cause it's gonna get torn apart before it gets put back together. And the body doesn't lack phosphate groups to do this with either. I would think "water retention under the skin" would not be any different since by the time it is in the bloodstream and transported to the skin or intracellular fluid it would be plain creatine anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (da_sense @ Sep 14 2008, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>any studies to confirm that creatine gluconate actually does what's advertised?</div>

bump for studies

Thread Information