User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I tryed searching to no avail. Friends at work told me that "tums" will increase the "punch" that my 25mg of Addy XR has.

I saw some study, if memory serves correct, about how acids eased, and even brought about amphetamine comedowns.

Question is, Is this brotelligence or actually fact? I couldnt find the study, and the guys at work aren't exactly ones to trust as

far as drugs go. I mean, these are the same guys that try to tell me that my nicotine gum (~10mg a day), is worse than the 15

cigs they smoke a day.

If the above is true, Questions I have:

1. Is it the stomach or actual bloodstream polarity that effects amphetamine efficacy?

2. Does "messing" with polarity change how the brain reacts to amps, or is it just that more of the dose is bioavailable?

3. Moar Frangible, Moar Addy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A basic enviroment will enhance Amphetamine absorbtion. However, this dosent relate to ritalin, just amp.

It is the stomach ph that matters, as the body will always attempt to neutralize blood ph.
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"> “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"When an amine-bearing molecule enters the acidic environment of the stomach it does become protonated, and thus charged or ionized. The important thing to remember however, is that the protonation/deprotonation process is an equilibrium. This means that the protons are constantly hopping on and off the amine. In the acidic environment, there is a much greater chance to find the amine with an extra proton than without.

The stomach has a pH of about 1-2. The ionization constant (pKa) of amphetamine is about 9.8. These are "log units", so each integer of difference corresponds to a ratio of 10. So 9.8 - 1 = 8.8, therefore there are 10^8:1 molecules of protonated:unprotonated (or charged:uncharged) amphetamine molecules in the stomach. Thus very few amphetamine molecules are going to absorb in the stomach. The intestines have a neutral or slightly basic pH (6.5-7). Thus when the amphetamine molecules reach the intestines (anywhere from 15-30 minutes after ingestion), they now reach a ratio of 9.8-7 = 2.8 => 10^2.8 or ~1000:1 charged:uncharged. While there are still not very many uncharged molecules around, any that are will be absorbed. This will drive the equilibrium to make more uncharged molecules, in order to restore the equilibrium. This will continue until all of the drug is absorbed. In combination with amphetamine's high potency, gives the apparent effect of high absorbtion/efficacy orally."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look into Trypsin and try searching bluelight. Lots of information between the two.

Countering this is that if your stomach PH is too high (ie you drink orange juice or take a Vit C pill at the same time as your dex), it will decrease (or slow?) the absorbption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krazyj' post='488071' date='Jun 28 2008, 09:02 PM
    Look into Trypsin and try searching bluelight. Lots of information between the two.

Countering this is that if your stomach PH is too high (ie you drink orange juice or take a Vit C pill at the same time as your dex), it will decrease (or slow?) the absorbption

Decrease not slow, but correct
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"> “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is not just stomach PH, although that is what you would target if you wanted to play with this ... acids will speed excretion of amphetamine (methylphenidate too, and many substances) from the kidneys, lowering blood levels and half-life. Basifying the urine will do the opposite.

I do tell people to take acids to come down rapidly, and potassium baking soda for a boost to their upper.
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graatch' post='488219' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:08 PM
    I think it is not just stomach PH, although that is what you would target if you wanted to play with this ... acids will speed excretion of amphetamine (methylphenidate too, and many substances) from the kidneys, lowering blood levels and half-life. Basifying the urine will do the opposite.

I do tell people to take acids to come down rapidly, and potassium baking soda for a boost to their upper.

Would popping a few tums do the same trick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of this is quite true, but it's a moderate effect at best, either way.
    <span style="color:#660000"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">"... </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#8b0000">fresh bread, which deforms elastically is not frangible." --Wikipedia</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea ... but supplementing large amounts of calcium with a psychostimulant could possibly theoretically be untoward in certain respects. Some of us here have been discussing Ca++/glutamate overflow as a piece of the mechanisms of tolerance to amphetamine's mood-boosting effects, and also a possible route of neurotoxicity -- it's this which memantine blocks. You supplement magnesium, too, for the benefits from blocking excessive calcium transmission, which directly opposes magnesium. Just an idea.

Similarly, high levels of CA++ transmission is partially responsible for vasoconstriction.

It's probably not a big deal.
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Thread Information