User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im about to call the doc to see if I can get a dex-based medicine. Should I ask for dex spansules or vyvanse?

EDIT - Extra credit: Does anyone know off hand the equivalent dosages of Vyvanse vs Dex Spansules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump for an answer from the after-work/school crew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started taking vyvanse and I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 mg of Vyvanse capsule is molecularly equivalent to 10 mg Dexedrine Spansules (both the aforementioned pharmaceuticals are about 7.425 mg dextroamphetamine.)

There different delivery systems. Spanules is just a beaded time release prep. So it's equivalant to a BID dosage. AKA 20mg of Dex Spanules = 10mg of IR dexedrine BID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simpllyhuge' post='502443' date='Aug 25 2008, 12:17 AM
    I just started taking vyvanse and I like it.

I've heard good things about Vyvvanse...been trying to get my hands on some!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my personal experience with both meds, dex.spansules wins hands down...Although both are quite beneficial for ADHD and the like...
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can some one help with a ratio from adderal to vyvanse. I used to take 10-20mg adderal now I take 30-60mg vyvanse.

This isnt new to vyvnase but does any one else notice that they get a pump and just feel much in shape while working out or just walking around on stims. I noticed that the first time I was ever really lean was from stims. Im sure this might be commen knowlege for some but just wondering.

Also when on stims my body temp rises to the "normal" 98.6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simpllyhuge' post='502689' date='Aug 25 2008, 06:43 PM
    can some one help with a ratio from adderal to vyvanse. I used to take 10-20mg adderal now I take 30-60mg vyvanse.

This isnt new to vyvnase but does any one else notice that they get a pump and just feel much in shape while working out or just walking around on stims. I noticed that the first time I was ever really lean was from stims. Im sure this might be commen knowlege for some but just wondering.

One could say that 30-60mg of lisdexamfetamine is = to about 10-25mg of Timed-Released Adderall XR. This is just a "guess-estimate"...

Normal for body temp. to rise slightly (with a more noticeable pump also) - and HR+BP to increase - (to varying degrees) - especially when ingesting amphetamines while exercising strenuously...

However, that "feel much in shape" effect you described might tend to decrease over time...
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simpllyhuge' post='502689' date='Aug 25 2008, 07:43 PM

This perception could be hallucinatory. These meds increase heart rate, which leads to a pumped feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I worked out very very hard and made sure my diet was on point when I was about 19-21. I noticed that my muscle quality improved and I got much leaner while retaining all my muscle while on adderal. I was just wondering if this was due to the raise in body temperature.

THe reason I ask is because I suspect I have a subclinical hormoane or thyroid issue. The way I hold fat in unsuall considering my stats and my body temp is usually not close to 98.6. I was just thinking that maybe this might have more of an affect in me than other because of some other borderline condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I like the vyvanse better because it doesn't give me a manic irritated feeling like I would get from adderal IR, I don't remember XR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krazyj' post='476665' date='May 6 2008, 09:05 AM
    Im about to call the doc to see if I can get a dex-based medicine. Should I ask for dex spansules or vyvanse?

EDIT - Extra credit: Does anyone know off hand the equivalent dosages of Vyvanse vs Dex Spansules?

Vyvanse is superior if your insurance pays most of the tab. Dexedrine spansules are stupidly cheap. You can take one Vyvanse a day, but you'll probably need 2ish spansules.

My cost w/ insurance is $50 for Vyvanse, $15 for the spansules, so the latter would win, because Vyvanse isn't $35/month better.
    <span style="color:#660000"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">"... </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#8b0000">fresh bread, which deforms elastically is not frangible." --Wikipedia</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive tried 30mg of vyvane and 60. Not sure yet what dose I like better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vyvanse only lasts me 7 or 8 hours. For some other people it can last the whole waking day. I dose IR dexedrine once or twice in the evening.

I haven't tried dexedrine spansules, but some people don't like them very much for some reason. Check the ADDforums.
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graatch' post='503106' date='Aug 27 2008, 07:21 AM
    Vyvanse only lasts me 7 or 8 hours. For some other people it can last the whole waking day. I dose IR dexedrine once or twice in the evening.

I haven't tried dexedrine spansules, but some people don't like them very much for some reason. Check the ADDforums.

IIRC the target for Vyvanse is 12ish hours. In me, I'd say thats a good approximation.

Not taking it now, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the smallest dossage it comes in? I am experimenting with my dose, I have 30,s and 20,s do they make 10's. Also just for information sake, is it much more expensive to take lets say 6 10mg pills rather than 2 30mg pills.

Thread Information