User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so I've been looking into refeeds for a few weeks now and this is what I came up with. My goal is just to get down to 10% bf but I'm just not loosing anymore!

First my stats:

ht: 6'3"

wt: 187

bf: 13%-14%

Friday morning HIIT cardio then start refeeding. Weights session at night and continue refeed till sleeping. Trying to hit about 600g high GI carbs (low sugar), with bout 150g protein and as little fat as possible. May have some junk food like one doughnut, but that's it! Done within a 12-15 hour time frame.

Then have the weekend off.

HIIT cardio monday morning and weights monday night.

Tuesday weights in the evening then refeed. Basically going for broke on high GI carbs and no fat, again aiming again for 600g carbs during this period and minimal fat, just within a 6 hour timeframe.

Wednesday HIIT cardio in the morning and nothing at night.

Thursday weights in the evening.

Friday repeat the above cycle.

During non-refeed times I take in about 150-200g protein and 150g carbs and about 20g fat.

Just wondering if this is a good place to start and if anyone can give me some further input and constructive criticism to this plan.

Also I've had cheat days in the past and found that often the next day I can't start eating till the afternoon because i'm still so full. Does this semi-fast after the refeed defeat the purpose of the refeed?

Thanks guys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could add some Fish Oil to your refeeds, and I wouldn't otherwise cut your fat intake so low, either. For the six-hour deal, eat as much as you can.

So long as you're not fasting by the day, then it's only a matter of overall caloric intake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only recommendation is that you re-adjust and schedule some lifting sessions within the 24hs post-refeed so as to capitalize on the strength/energy that large quantities of carbs offer while dieting.
    I'm all about my cake, I'm tryin' to marry betty crocker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

thanks for the input guys, got some fish oil caps today. Gonna try taking ten of them, they are at 180mg/120mg (EPA/DHA).

Will try to get into the gym on saturday to make some use of the carbs.

Otherwise I might try to shift everything around. I guess the optimal timing for a refeed is to have it both before and after some kind of gym work...

thanks again guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy' date='Mar 20 2003, 03:34 PM
    thanks for the input guys, got some fish oil caps today. Gonna try taking ten of them, they are at 180mg/120mg (EPA/DHA).

Otherwise I might try to shift everything around. I guess the optimal timing for a refeed is to have it both before and after some kind of gym work...

thanks again guys!
    raise your fat intake on non-refeed days to at least 15-20% of total calories.

Peace

Official Website

Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them.

"Per Ferrum, ad astra"... Through iron, the stars
    - Mel Siff

Bitch smacking pseudo-scientists since 2001.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed' date='Mar 22 2003, 12:06 AM
    [quote name='Big Daddy' date='Mar 20 2003, 03:34 PM'] thanks for the input guys, got some fish oil caps today. Gonna try taking ten of them, they are at 180mg/120mg (EPA/DHA).

thanks again guys!
    raise your fat intake on non-refeed days to at least 15-20% of total calories.

Peace [/quote]

cool, will use some fish oil to up it some more.

Finished refeeding at about 800g-900g carbs in about 14 hours, so was happy with that, also did chest saturday morning.

thanks boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dante, after reading through some more of your posts on refeeds, you always seem to advise that refeeds are done with low fat. How come you recommend that I eat as much as I can?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

OK, been doing my refeeds for about a week and a half now. Did two weekend refeeds at about 1000g carbs each over 12-15 hours. Also did a mid-week refeed over 6 hours at about 600g of carbs.

However, the scale has not budged, no change in weight and no change in bodyfat. I have been at the same weight and bf for about a month now, so I really need some help. No change to waist measurements either, so nothing has been happening.

I think my set point is at 17%-18% bf, as this is where fat loss always slows down. Then I belt the crap out of myself for a while and lose some muscle till I get to about 13%-14% then no matter what I do I can't get by this point! Doesn't matter what I do, keto, iso, high protein, more cals, less cals, more cardio, less cardio, more supps, less supps, nothing gets me under. So even though I'm not extremely lean (top 4 abs are visible), if I am that far below my set-point already are more frequent or longer refeeds needed? I did notice after the mid-week refeed that the second day after I really felt the need to refeed again, just felt so drained.

This is just really getting to me and I've already lost a lot of muscle trying to get to 10%! I really only want to get to about 9%-10% and I'll be happy. I was there once in my life (but was due to way too much training and I had no appetite and I think I was basically starving myself) and I just want to get back there again!

My new idea is to refeed every three days, for 6 hours post workout, starting with a pre workout meal. So it would be 66 hours hypocaloric, then 6 hours hypercaloric, and then repeat.

Can I ask for some direction from you guys on this, I'm really at my end here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, been doing my refeeds for about a week and a half now. Did two weekend refeeds at about 1000g carbs each over 12-15 hours. Also did a mid-week refeed over 6 hours at about 600g of carbs.

That's an extra 2600g of carbs per week..... on balance that makes an additional ~1480 kcal per day (averaged out).

During non-refeed times I take in about 150-200g protein and 150g carbs and about 20g fat.

Assuming this is still the case, your averaging 3000+ kcal a day over the whole week. If you create a net deficit you will lose weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From reading through the forums here, I thought the feel was that those extra cals, ingested during a short refeed, would be mostly oxidised? Is this still the premise to work by?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy' date='Mar 31 2003, 08:50 PM
    From reading through the forums here, I thought the feel was that those extra cals, ingested during a short refeed, would be mostly oxidised? Is this still the premise to work by?

Yes. Over a 6hr period, what isnt shuttled into glycogen stores will, for the most part, be oxidized (the vast majority).

Clarify something for me: What is your caloric intake on non-refeed days?
    I'm all about my cake, I'm tryin' to marry betty crocker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tkarrde' date='Apr 1 2003, 12:00 PM
    Yes. Over a 6hr period, what isnt shuttled into glycogen stores will, for the most part, be oxidized (the vast majority).

Clarify something for me: What is your caloric intake on non-refeed days?
    caloric level during non-refeeds is between 1300-1400, almost a 1000 cal deficit for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tkarrde' date='Mar 31 2003, 06:00 PM
    My own (limited) experience with re-feeds when doing multiple longer duration (6+ hour) refeeds per week, is that if net caloric intake for the week does not fall below maitenance, fat loss comes to a standstill. Even with two six hour re-feeds I felt that a weekly deficit of ~700kcal worked best. Maintaining low bodyfat, however, is probably another issue...

Thread Information