User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey everyone. a friend of mine has kindly given me 5 2mg xanax. I have no intention of using them recreationally. I am planning on using it for the occasional bout of insomnia. If I have nothing important the following day, I have no problem waiting it out, but if I have something important to do the next morning, i feel that taking something just to knock me out would be very helpful.

I don't have any experience with xanax, so I was just wondering how much it should take to knock me out, and what the best way to take it would be (is insufflation effective?) Given that xanax doesn't have a ambien-type half-life, I'm afraid that my eye-hand coordination will be impaired come morning.

Should I also take something to potentiate the effects of the xanax (i take ZMA already, but I have phenibut(pheni doesn't help my insomnia), theanine, taurine at my disposal.) I won't be getting any more from my friend, so I want to get the most out of the little I have.

I can't get a script for any sleep meds due to other medication i am given. Besides coffee, the only other substance in my system in deprenyl (2.5mg/day), as i'm using it to keep me functional after stopping my adderall usage several weeks ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmn. What does xanax do to sleep depth, whats its half life. Those are the first questions you can easily find answers to.

Next, I wouldn't do anything without adding a wee bit of melatonin every night.
    ------

These ideas are released under a Creative Commons Share and Share alike license

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATB' post='404751' date='Jun 3 2007, 05:30 PM
    hmmn. What does xanax do to sleep depth, whats its half life. Those are the first questions you can easily find answers to.

Next, I wouldn't do anything without adding a wee bit of melatonin every night.
    I've found 5-methoxy-n-acetyltryptamine to be completely ineffective in reducing sleep onset latency in .3mg, .6mg, and 3mg dosages, administered both orally and sublingually. I'm quite frustrated by this, as it seems that this chemical SHOULD be very useful in this regard; am I just an anomaly, or is intranasal administration the secret trick to making it work?
    http://abolitionist-society.com
    Towards the Abolition of Suffering Through Science

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're not desensitized to benzo's, 0.5mg should be more than enough.

Coffee can deal with some of the morning-after effects (particularly lack of focus), but you can probably count on a "everything's getting on my nerves this morning" type of hang-over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 8' post='404756' date='Jun 3 2007, 03:00 PM
    you can probably count on a "everything's getting on my nerves this morning" type of hang-over.

This is by far the worst side effect I've experienced from any drug, aside from nicotine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 8' post='404756' date='Jun 3 2007, 07:00 PM

Coffee can deal with some of the morning-after effects (particularly lack of focus), but you can probably count on a "everything's getting on my nerves this morning" type of hang-over.

The only thing Iíve taken resembling a benzo is phenibut. I use it maybe once every two weeks, and when I take it I usually use 1-2gr. And itís supposed to work on GABAb, so I think Iíll be fine there.

So should this .5g be taken orally or insufflated. Is there high bioavailability when taken intranasal? I could avoid the ~8 hr half-life that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lionsden' post='404762' date='Jun 3 2007, 04:28 PM
    So should this .5g be taken orally or insufflated. Is there high bioavailability when taken intranasal? I could avoid the ~8 hr half-life that way.

You don't alter half-life via means of administration, you alter the time to peak blood level, which in this case is irrelevant. I have no idea what the ba is for insulfation. Take it orally; your stomach won't care nearly as much as your sinuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

snorting it brings on a 'high' quicker but you won't stay that way for as long as if you ingested it orally. It was meant to be taken orally, also if you take it with water it decreases the time to peak plasma levels by 15 minutes.
    light up the purp, pass it like steve nash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 8' post='404756' date='Jun 3 2007, 06:00 PM

Yeah, sadly I currently have a low dose dependence on benzos and every morning I'm pretty much a lazy SOB, who really can't get anything done until I have my preworkout stims.
    light up the purp, pass it like steve nash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eclypz' post='404759' date='Jun 4 2007, 02:14 AM
    This is by far the worst side effect I've experienced from any drug, aside from nicotine.

are we sure we are talking about xanax? in my experience its just the opposite, so much so its enticing to pop one just to sleep and know that the next day will pass by sooo damn quickly.

.5 or 1mg will be more than enough to knock you out.

be carefull with the 2mg. they "might" be the extenbded release type, meaning you will have to break AND SCRUSH the tab for effect. check with your friend.

If you try it and and like the knock out effects but not the fogginess next day(or even the lack of "real" sleep" while on it, consider adding a dose of 1-C (bulk USPLABS REM-3G).

"I can't get a script for any sleep meds due to other medication i am given"

are you refering to deprenyl or some else???

laastly, i may be waay off the mark, but if i remember correctly, when i used to take 5mg deprenyl daily, i think the xanax was more powerfull per mg, so be carefull and start low.
    Currently remixing this old body!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djremix' post='404827' date='Jun 4 2007, 06:05 AM
    are we sure we are talking about xanax? in my experience its just the opposite, so much so its enticing to pop one just to sleep and know that the next day will pass by sooo damn quickly.

.5 or 1mg will be more than enough to knock you out.

be carefull with the 2mg. they "might" be the extenbded release type, meaning you will have to break AND SCRUSH the tab for effect. check with your friend.

If you try it and and like the knock out effects but not the fogginess next day(or even the lack of "real" sleep" while on it, consider adding a dose of 1-C (bulk USPLABS REM-3G).

"I can't get a script for any sleep meds due to other medication i am given"

are you refering to deprenyl or some else???

laastly, i may be waay off the mark, but if i remember correctly, when i used to take 5mg deprenyl daily, i think the xanax was more powerfull per mg, so be carefull and start low.

What is 1-C? I looking USP's products and couldn't find it. And the other medication was adderall, and my doctor wouldn't prescribe me anything for sleep because he told me you can't mix CNS stimulants with downers. Members on this board told me he was full of shit, so maybe i should switch doctors. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-c is bulk powerfull on nutraplanet. 17$ for 125 doses or so.

doesnt get you sleepy, but improves your sleep so that you require less to feel refreshed.

yeah def switch doctors, he is pretty paranoid is he thinks you are gonna pop adderal and xanax at same time!!!

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xanax works great for sleep, but it's side effects suck. You'll sleep like a rock but the next day you will be fine until it starts to wear off. Everything will bother the hell out of you. Also if you take it for a few nights in a row, you end up being depressed about everything for a few days after. I have literally seen grown men cry over the depression part of Xanax. Good in moderation, horrible to take consistently. Oh and don't ever drink on it. Made that mistake a while back....not good!
    AMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon' post='404876' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:36 PM
    Oh and don't ever drink on it. Made that mistake a while back....not good!

Unless you like to act way out of character and have amnesia for the whole night :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insufflating 1mg of xanax is quite effective at knocking my ass out. I did not feel groggy at all the next day.

Also, I agree, drinking on xanax can either be a good or bad idea depending on what your desired effects are Four or so drinks in combination with xanax can cause me to black out.

Administrator Extraordinaire WW7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eclypz View Post
    I know that "hangover" all to well. Never understood how it could make people so irritable the morning after.
    "If you're not making mistakes, you're not trying hard enough."-Lombardi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazeDragon View Post
    Xanax works great for sleep, but it's side effects suck. You'll sleep like a rock but the next day you will be fine until it starts to wear off. Everything will bother the hell out of you. Also if you take it for a few nights in a row, you end up being depressed about everything for a few days after. I have literally seen grown men cry over the depression part of Xanax. Good in moderation, horrible to take consistently. Oh and don't ever drink on it. Made that mistake a while back....not good!
    Benzo addiction is something you dont want, GHB is far superior as a sleep aid as it has been shown to not cause any addiction when taken only nightly.
    One
    Exceeding, going further, crossing boundery's, taking risks greater then most, next level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try kanna. I say try because im not sure how it'll effect you. It stimulates then sedates. Phenibut also. Combining them is even more powerful, take a reasonably large dose of phenibut about 1-3 hours and then insufflate the kanna. It will knock you out faster than anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xanax in the evening after an extremely stressful day is a godsend. 0.25-.5mg max

i never get any issues the following day except sometimes REM rebound the following night. I once had 1mg and then felt bad the following day so I think it is dose dependent

However, I am convinced this class of drugs messes with not only the GABA system but other monoamines also. Same with Valerian - if I have Valerian for a week or so it makes me irritable and anxious

but every once in a while for insomnia/physiological arousal - knock yourself out (pardon the pun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grorboj View Post
    However, I am convinced this class of drugs messes with not only the GABA system but other monoamines also. Same with Valerian - if I have Valerian for a week or so it makes me irritable and anxious
    Of course it does. The GABA and monoamine systems are not distinct entities; there is an enormous amount of overlap.

Thread Information