User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any suggestions for something I can add to protein shakes to increase my fiber intake, that has zero calories, is reasonably cheap, and doesn't make one gag? I think it might also slow the carb release from the milk/protein mix sweetener...
    <span style="color:#660000"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">"... </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#8b0000">fresh bread, which deforms elastically is not frangible." --Wikipedia</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to suggest bran...but then your mileage may vary as far as the gaging...how about inulin?
    It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man. --Richard Feynman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frangible' post='400754' date='May 8 2007, 04:52 PM
    Anyone have any suggestions for something I can add to protein shakes to increase my fiber intake, that has zero calories, is reasonably cheap, and doesn't make one gag? I think it might also slow the carb release from the milk/protein mix sweetener...

http://www.benefiber.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inulin gets my vote too, and/or xanthum gum.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Rio de Janeiro "the marvelous city", BRAZIL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest Grinded flax seeds........the do got calories...but from healthy omega 3s........

Flax seed fiber has been the best fiber for avoiding gases and giving me that perfect shitting every morning.......much better then pysilius husk or any other fiber.....and you get all that beautiful omega 3s....

and really cheap!!!
    Donīt complain on genetics.....you look like shit because you eat like shit (or you ate like shit your whole life).

Eat clean, forever lean!!!!!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER: Please do not follow any of my advises neither consider following them!! I am a insane clown and everything I say or write in this forum is only for entertainement purposes! I am allso the most eccentric idiot on M&M so DO NOT DO WHAT I DO AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeDan' post='400764' date='May 8 2007, 05:35 PM
    I would suggest Grinded flax seeds........the do got calories...but from healthy omega 3s........

Flax seed fiber has been the best fiber for avoiding gases and giving me that perfect shitting every morning.......much better then pysilius husk or any other fiber.....and you get all that beautiful omega 3s....

and really cheap!!!
    Yeah, milled flax is good stuff.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glucomannan too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I looked over the options and I've gotta conclude flax is the shit...

Anyone recommend any sources/forms?
    <span style="color:#660000"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">"... </span></span></span><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#8b0000">fresh bread, which deforms elastically is not frangible." --Wikipedia</span></span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bob's red mill
    light up the purp, pass it like steve nash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like flax meal and I use it in my meal replacments... But the texture sucks.

To add fibre to my shakes I use icecream... Yeah... Theres a low carb, low fat, low protein ice-cream here thats basicly inulin and sweetner... It gives shakes an AWESOME texture that I find unbeatable...

I would love to find a bulk source for inulin.... I might try xanathan gum though (as per kimbos advice).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milled flax, has the problem that it gives the shake a slight fishy smell (must be the O3)...
    It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man. --Richard Feynman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that the texture of milled flax is improve greatly if you blend it for a little while. Toss some into a blender with water, whirl that around for about a minute, then add in the rest of your protein power and water and blend til combined.

Some products are also more finely milled than others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use Oat bran,wheat bran seems unbearable.I wonder how many calories Oat bran has though.
    ---I AM NOT AS OTHERS..---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyllium husk powder is cheap and as long as you use a blender (as opposed to a shaker) you'll hardly know it's there

Vitacost.com has it. You can get it cheap at vitamin shoppe as well.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Lats @ Mar 25 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>more full flaccid penis</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BEST THING EVER: Applie Fiber powder. Comes in a bag... Like five carbs, and it REALLY makes protein shakes taste amazing.
    <a href="http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=30876&view=findpost&p=43092 0" target="_blank">
    </a><a href="http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=30876&view=findpost&p=43092 0" target="_blank">JB and GH Log <--- CLICK
    </a>
    What part of "thou shall not" do you not understand? - G
    "I am somewhat of a sad panda today, for I bequeathed all my Big League Chew to George Havener" - Colin
    "Anyone who blathers on otherwise with more studies and so forth may lick my balls
    "- Colin

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stay Puft)</div><div class='quotemain'>I beleive we, as a BBing community, greatly overeatimate the caloric requirement for hypertrohpy. Endo/Meso's can make decent LBM gains with a modest 100-300 cal/day surplus and recomposition is certainly more likely in this scenario.</div></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think flax tastes like ass, but ymmv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree apple fiber is good, as is psyllium. Xantham personally gives me the shits.
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Power is realising your strength, inner strength, controlling yourself.</span>

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">"Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese proverb</span>

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">IronArena.com</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a dumb question, but what does apple fiber taste like? Apples?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefiber has served me well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo' post='428995' date='Oct 15 2007, 03:52 PM
    Probably a dumb question, but what does apple fiber taste like? Apples?

Pretty much, mildly sweet and kinda apple-y.
    <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Power is realising your strength, inner strength, controlling yourself.</span>

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">"Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese proverb</span>

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">IronArena.com</span>

Thread Information