Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a DHT precursor?

Thanks

androshack

5-alpha androstene and testosterone itself. Syntrax sells a product called 5A2 extreme which is 5AA dione and VPX sells a product called Xenabol which is 5AA diol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molecular Nutrition also sells a DHT precursor called 3 alpha. It supposedly has the highest conversion rate of all the DHT precursors.
    Words are hypnotic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is it good for? The only thing i know of it, is that on hairloss commercials they say "it is the cause of hairloss"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHT is highly androgenic and promotes strength increases through CNS stimulation. It also lowers your body's estrogen levels.

Common uses would be to increase your strength/size ratio and/or help you get a harder look while dieting.
    Words are hypnotic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHT is supposed to be more powerful than straight testosterone, from what I have read if a person were to use real DHT rather than a test injection they get much better gains, I think the theory is that when you use Testosterone it converts to DHT and that is what causes the growth, but the problem is that DHT is very, very androgenic, but the more androgenic a drug is the more it will make you grow, but all good things have their price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like one of Derek's theories. It's completely wrong by the way. There's no comparison between using test and DHT with Test coming out way ahead in performance enhancing/mass building.

Good to see you over here Chevi.
    Words are hypnotic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget DHT is deactivated in muscle tissue...
    Ash nazg durbatulūk. Ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrataulūk agh burzim-ishi krimpatul...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dio' date='Feb 17 2003, 01:52 PM
    That sounds like one of Derek's theories. It's completely wrong by the way. There's no comparison between using test and DHT with Test coming out way ahead in performance enhancing/mass building.

Good to see you over here Chevi.*
    Bump on welcoming Chevi...

This is Saltybalz btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Nandralone basically DHT?
    <span style='color:gray'>Better yet, enjoy the onrushing atrophy. Is the United States going to hell, western civilization being subverted, knaves scuttling like fetid crabs through the corridors of power and nitwits ravaging the schools in the manner of monkeys in a fruit store? (Yes, actually.) Relish it for the splendid historical theater that it is. A better spectacle there cannot be.

</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nandrolone is 19-Nortestosterone.
    Ash nazg durbatulūk. Ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrataulūk agh burzim-ishi krimpatul...

androshack

Quote Originally Posted by chevi97' date='Feb 17 2003, 01:29 PM
    DHT is supposed to be more powerful than straight testosterone, from what I have read if a person were to use real DHT rather than a test injection they get much better gains, I think the theory is that when you use Testosterone it converts to DHT and that is what causes the growth, but the problem is that DHT is very, very androgenic, but the more androgenic a drug is the more it will make you grow, but all good things have their price.
    Different tissue receptors respond to their chosen androgens or similar chemicals. DHT is primarily acitve in sexual functions and sex organs such as the penile tissues and prostate. Muscle tissue seems to be somewhat "dumber" responding to many androgenic substances.

Saying the more androgenic a chemical is the better it works is too simple. Usualy the more androgenic a chemical is the greater CNS stimulation it will provide which translates to libido and strength, but not anabolism. Nandrolone or nortestosterone is more anabolic than testosterone, testosterone is more androgenic than nortestosterone, but DHT is more androgenic than both yet has little anabolic effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by androshack' date='Feb 19 2003, 01:29 PM
    [quote name='chevi97' date='Feb 17 2003, 01:29 PM'] DHT is supposed to be more powerful than straight testosterone, from what I have read if a person were to use real DHT rather than a test injection they get much better gains, I think the theory is that when you use Testosterone it converts to DHT and that is what causes the growth, but the problem is that DHT is very, very androgenic, but the more androgenic a drug is the more it will make you grow, but all good things have their price.
    Different tissue receptors respond to their chosen androgens or similar chemicals. DHT is primarily acitve in sexual functions and sex organs such as the penile tissues and prostate. Muscle tissue seems to be somewhat "dumber" responding to many androgenic substances.

Saying the more androgenic a chemical is the better it works is too simple. Usualy the more androgenic a chemical is the greater CNS stimulation it will provide which translates to libido and strength, but not anabolism. Nandrolone or nortestosterone is more anabolic than testosterone, testosterone is more androgenic than nortestosterone, but DHT is more androgenic than both yet has little anabolic effect. [/quote]

Exactly why Halo wasn't all that great for building muscle, but for getting some rage going...arrrgh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DHT isn't exceedingly anabolic owing due to 3HSD (Hydroxysteroid-Dehydrogenase) reduction, not necessarily because it's Androgenic.

Trenbolone is Androgenic, some far beyond Nandrolone,but highly Anabolic, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the replies.

I have a lot of work to do reading posts, i really know very little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you worry, you'll learn No one knows everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the side effects?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

androshack

Excellent article. This backs up everything I've been saying in several psosts. As usual Pat Takes my shallow understanding of things to a much deeper level. Too bad my brain works like a refrigerator full of post-it notes or I could write such beautifull articles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante' date='Feb 19 2003, 07:55 PM
    DHT isn't exceedingly anabolic owing due to 3HSD (Hydroxysteroid-Dehydrogenase) reduction, not necessarily because it's Androgenic.
    I recall Roberts had the same reasoning when it came to DHT in muscle tissue. I talked to him a long time ago, in regards to this, and he was quite biased (even though he admited that 3bHSD's role is relatively inactive in other simmilar situations). Although the 3bHSD enzyme will convert DHT to Androstanediol (useless), it's at a relatively small degree. Granted small dosages of DHT would be worthless, larger doses (perhaps around 1-2g/week) would be quite effective.

There are some studies that show the conversion rate of 3bHSD and certain steroids (not DHT but we can extrapolate), but I'm far to busy/lazy to find them.

Thread Information