Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taurine is one of least appreciated neurochemicals in the brain and is second only to glutamine in terms of global action.

Research in the mid 90s demonstrated the existence of a sodium mediated taurine active transport channel in choriod tissue (blood brain barrier locale).

Numerous publications describe special effects of taurine in different animal models, e.g. on behavior, blood pressure, serum glucose and serum cholesterol. Taurine was mostly applied in doses of 1000 mg/kg bw/day and above to induce these effects, using the oral route of administration. Intraperitoneal injection of taurine, however, seems to influence behavioral parameters at much lower doses (mg per kg loading rate).

It may also be necessary to take into consideration, that absorption of taurine taken as a supplement may be more rapid than from a food matrix. Average absorption range for tautine in the typical diet is approximately 40-400 mg per day.

You can bet that high doses of taurine can and will have deleterious effects on behavior and in particular, in lipid metabolism in liver.

Be very cautious to back your recommendation for high taurine dosing.

Note that it has been implicated in gut irriation at higher loading doses.
    Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can tell, taurine definitely does reduce the effects of dopamine.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely found it upsetting to my stomach when I started taking five gram doses twice a day.

I've been taking taurine with creatine, and a smallish amount of mixed protein powder (1/3 of a scoop). Wondering if I'm even absorbing it properly if it's being taken with protein.
    Kicking ass is my comfort food

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

d
    Man on a mission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='308621' date='Feb 21 2006, 01:05 PM

CNS effects

taurine transport to the brain over the BBB is regulated by TNF-alpha, an inflammtory substance, naturally .

Can you elaborate on this some?

I've been on TTA for awhile, and towards the 3-4 week mark I get markedly slower mentally...it takes alot more for me to wake up, and it is really hard to be cognitive some days. Caffeine usually ameliorates this feeling, but damn some days its really bad. Most attribute it to "lethargy", but seeing as taurine is a neurotransmitor (thanks for this info btw, very useful)...

I know TTA lowers TNF-alpha, along with many of the other inflammitory cytokines. I'm wondering how lowered TNF-alpha would effect taurine transport over the BBB? Are they directly or indirectly linked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My subjective experiences with taurine + AMP are in line with your comments Liorrh. Its ability to correct/reduce HPA problems/stress/high-NE explain why I feel great taking it pre-workout w/AMP and in the morning when I'm typically stressed from lack of quality sleep and the fact that I have to go to work.

Good stuff.
    YOU'RE WRONG.

READ OLD M&M ARTICLES.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ignored Users List (if you are on this, I can't see your posts):

SmackThat

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (To add someone to your Ignored Users list, go to My Controls > Manage Ignored Users)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a long thread from BrooklynJuice...not sure where he got all this info from though, studies are referenced but the source of some of the articles isnt cited....

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=...ghlight=taurine
    eatin aint cheatin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taurine is hands down the best damn supplement I have ever had the priviledge of taking. I still take a few grams a day and superdose it on drinking nights...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eclypz' post='308836' date='Feb 22 2006, 01:43 PM

Taurine is hands down the best damn supplement I have ever had the priviledge of taking.

The best?

Wow.

What is it that you (personally/subjectively) like so much about Taurine?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taurine is a good supp. i usually take 5g just before bed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta tell you, BJ's suggestion of 10grams in whey before bed has been fantastic for sleep. Knocks me right out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liorrh' post='308606' date='Feb 21 2006, 03:02 PM

well, AngII phenotype is the strong, lean, mesomorph one. deduction by pattern.

Careful now. The strong AngII phenotype is the strong and lean one only during youth. Longitudinal studies show the that as age progresses they become the ones with beer bellies and heart disease.
    Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad.
    If you meet the bodybuilding guru on the information super-highway, kill the bodybuilding guru.
    trust != truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"taurine seems to exert some endorphin mediated hypotensive effect"

You did mention earlier on in this thread that taurine has been shown to modulate angiotensin II (which causes cardiovascular constriction)

One hopes you actually comprehend what you're reading and rerporting...and promoting here.

Certain individuals here who report pissing every hour nightly should be interested in taurine's action on angiotensin converting enzyme regulation.
    Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trouble' post='309968' date='Feb 25 2006, 12:36 AM

"taurine seems to exert some endorphin mediated hypotensive effect"

You did mention earlier on in this thread that taurine has been shown to modulate angiotensin II (which causes cardiovascular constriction)

One hopes you actually comprehend what you're reading and rerporting...and promoting here.

Certain individuals here who report pissing every hour nightly should be interested in taurine's action on angiotensin converting enzyme regulation.
    My ears (eyes?) definitely perked up when I read this. It's not uncommon for me to wake up to piss 3-5 times a night. That, and better sleep, might warrant me taking in some taurine pre-bed.

If someone says something about you, and it really bothers you, it's probably because it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the effects of taurine, very subtle and soothing. However, dosing more than 5 grams per day gives me HORRIBLE smelling gas, not the "sulfur type" gas that you get from taking too much NAC, but it is still a total female chaser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, if taurine reduces the effects of dopamine and perhaps other NE activity, would it be counterproductive to use while on wellbutrin?
    Prophet of the Day of Rockening...The Arockalypse!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frangible @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the music itself doesn't elevate your testosterone levels, you clearly do not have a Jay Black approved band.</div>

Thread Information