User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this question was spurred by the V-12 thread. I see a lot of supp's in mags or where ever but never really give them much thought, every now and then I hear soem great stories about sucess or just some one being very pleased with effects.

What are some supp's that you think go unnoticed and over looked that serve a good purpose. And of course I am not refering to the supp's newbies don't know about, I mean going past things Like CLA, or ALA, or such things.

come on guys give up your secrets..
    <span style='color:gray'>Better yet, enjoy the onrushing atrophy. Is the United States going to hell, western civilization being subverted, knaves scuttling like fetid crabs through the corridors of power and nitwits ravaging the schools in the manner of monkeys in a fruit store? (Yes, actually.) Relish it for the splendid historical theater that it is. A better spectacle there cannot be.

</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psycho-diol (ergo-pharm)

NAC

Herbs and maybe Soy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,600mg of piracetam(or any of its more powerfull analogues, yet for me to try)

dont take this the wrong way, but for me i find that a casual mind-trip really helps put things into perspective and prime the anabolic environment body wise. and yes when i said tripping i meant tripping
    Currently remixing this old body!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can you get that anyway... I can find in from forgien pharamcies but its freakin expensive and while it looks like you need a script its in that SANS product is it not?
    <span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:blue'>Creation is a machine</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless something has changed regarding Piracetam, it is not an FDA approved drug and can't be "commercialized" in the US. Personal amounts are supposedly ok for import. It is not available by script in the US. I doubt it is legal for SAN to sell it as a supplement. Again, this is assuming that what I've read on its legal status in the US hasn't changed.... but if anything it would only become an approved prescription drug.

TSC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sherwyns.com/

They have l-tryptophan also, but it is for your pet's use only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what is piracetam? I've never heard of it - it causes you to trip?

(i don't want to get started talking about rec drugs, i'm not sure if thats allowed or what)
    Bodybuilding.com Moderator
    http://pogue972.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pogue' date='Dec 24 2002, 09:50 PM
    so what is piracetam?* I've never heard of it - it causes you to trip?

(i don't want to get started talking about rec drugs, i'm not sure if thats allowed or what)
    Yeah wtf is it,I'm curiouis.Btw,I've bought tryptophan off the net before and the shit barely puts me to sleep,OTC sleeping pills are much more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

piracetam supposedly enhances nueron communication especially between the brain's two hemispheres, and is a cognitive enhancer.

after being on it for a while, you start noticing how easily you remember things and easily articulate and focus.

taken before gym(at least for me) is kinda like an eca dose for the brain. its a subtle stimulant, that gives you great focus, and seems to help with how much your cns can handles while lifting. also if you sometimes get dizzy or feel like a mini blackout after a very heavy set. piracetam will defienatly prevent that.

not much rec value in it alone, but combined is another matter.

other uses: treating alzheimers, demntia, alcohol dependance.

i get it from the pharmacy here, 30 pills for 10$. but i am sure you can find it on the net for same price almost. its worth a try, and is ok for import to the us as personal use.
    Currently remixing this old body!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djremix' date='Dec 25 2002, 01:35 AM
    piracetam supposedly enhances nueron communication especially between the brain's two hemispheres, and is a cognitive enhancer.

after being on it for a while, you start noticing how easily you remember things and easily articulate and focus.

taken before gym(at least for me) is kinda like an eca dose for the brain. its a subtle stimulant, that gives you great focus, and seems to help with how much your cns can handles while lifting. also if you sometimes get dizzy or feel like a mini blackout after a very heavy set. piracetam will defienatly prevent that.

not much rec value in it alone, but combined is another matter.

other uses: treating alzheimers, demntia, alcohol dependance.*

i get it from the pharmacy here, 30 pills for 10$. but i am sure you can find it on the net for same price almost. its worth a try, and is ok for import to the us as personal use.
    Sounds like it's worth a try,I'll pick some up when Sherwyns gets it back in stock.Does anybody know the daily dosage for the conginative benefits;i.e.focusing/overall enhancement of "articulation".Would it be a good idea to say take it daily as a cognitive enhancer and also take a higher dosage pre-workout or would that lead to tolerance/lessening of the benefits?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any one know about Fenugreek

I have seen this here and there, but its purpose I can not find I have looked it up on the web and foud it most for use in cooking and skin care.

The few things I did see mentioned were for treatment of loss of appetite, and a few other odd ball conditions. Can some one tell me what this is all about, and if it has any fitness/BB'ing related uses?
    <span style='color:gray'>Better yet, enjoy the onrushing atrophy. Is the United States going to hell, western civilization being subverted, knaves scuttling like fetid crabs through the corridors of power and nitwits ravaging the schools in the manner of monkeys in a fruit store? (Yes, actually.) Relish it for the splendid historical theater that it is. A better spectacle there cannot be.

</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't looked into it that deep. I think SANN sells a stack of it with trib not that that means anything. I beleive it contains something like 4-hydroxy-leucine (or something like that) which has significant insulin promoting activity however this is aparently a small % of the seed and as of yet no one makes a standarized product for this active.

I could be wrong.
    <span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:blue'>Creation is a machine</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen this here and there, but its purpose I can not find I have looked it up on the web and foud it most for use in cooking and skin care.

The few things I did see mentioned were for treatment of loss of appetite, and a few other odd ball conditions. Can some one tell me what this is all about, and if it has any fitness/BB'ing related uses?

Syntrax also has this in their FUZU. They seem to be impressed with it and are supposedly about to release a better version. They'd mentioned trying to improve the extraction process for sometime, and apparent have got it down. There is a little info on it on their website.

a little info from their forum http://www.syntrax.com/bulletin/topic.asp?...Supplementation

from the product writeup (its promotional, so take with a grain of salt)

..both of these plants (fenugreek and dioscorea) have been shown in vertebrates to not only be anabolic but also to stimulate appetite, boost immune system function and increase testosterone production.

TSC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supnut' date='Dec 25 2002, 10:02 PM
    I haven't looked into it that deep. I think SANN sells a stack of it with trib not that that means anything. I beleive it contains something like 4-hydroxy-leucine* (or something like that) which has significant insulin promoting activity however this is aparently a small % of the seed and as of yet no one makes a standarized product for this active.

I could be wrong.
    FYI - Heres the group that produces it: www.tsiinc.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Cordyceps? The famous Chinese fungus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duque21' date='Dec 25 2002, 06:29 PM

The extract, if correctly processed, is very high in furostanolic saponins.

Main reason why it was added to Syntrax Fuzu, together with Trib. and Dioscorea, in order to give a high amount for each pill.

http://www.herbmed.org/Herbs/Herb75.htm#Ca...ategory22Herb75

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found organic fenugreek at the health food store. Can i take it by the tablespoon and hope to get the effects mentioned?

Since the 4-hydroxyisoleucine is just a small % of the seed, can i hope that it will stimulate my appetite?
    <span style='color:red'>The attentions of others might be said to matter to us principally because we are afflicted by a congenital uncertainty as to our own value - as a result of which what others think of us comes to play a determining role in how we are able to view ourselves. Our sense of identity is held captive by the judgements of those we live among-- Alain de Botton</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so there is no doubt that HMB did not live up to what is was suppose to a few years back...

But I have been evaluating my supp' aresenal and I would not mind toying with some new ones. I have been doing some research and after reading an artcile Brian H. posted on Muscle Monthly I was yet again intrieuged by HMB.

I was wonderin gif any of you have played around with some heavier dosages of this and what your results were. Now that it has droppped out of the lime light and the exclusivity is no longer the prices have dropped dramticaly. I have seen some sources down to $20 for 2 months worth. With this in mind I am more willing to give it a go and see how my training and body responds to it.

Any one have any persoanl experiences with higher dosages?

</span>

Thread Information