User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I have seen a few that have used Clonidine for sleep help. It also helps hypertension/high blood pressure, plus it is unscheduled. Thought I saw it bumped GH also, not sure. Anyway, as an occasional sleep aid-how would it work? Price seems right also.

lmk, thanks, kmh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just dont to much

i know several ppl that use it for sleep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an alpha2 agonist.

It is likely to be very relaxing and anxiolytic. It should also reduce pain.

I would be quite interested in feedback.

Right-Wing Terrorist Bot 2.010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The unfortunate problem with clonidine is that it almost completely prevents/blocks any REM sleep from occuring. Actually, the pupil shrinking and REM-inhibiting effects are the most conistently noted effects from this drug.

The "sleep" induced by clonidine is anything but refreshing for the majority of users. The pain-killing effects are only really noticed when it is used to "augment" an individuals already existent opioid/opiate pain-killer use. Clonidine is definitely good for blunting the withdrawal from tranquilizers and opioids/opiates...

Sure it works as a sedative/anxiolytic for most people, however, the almost complete lack of saliva/tears caused from only a .02mg tablet is extremely uncomfortable and makes use of "artificial saliva/tears" thru-out the day (very long duration of action) - almost a necessity. The decreased heart-rate/BP induced by clonidine tends to re-bound quite potently also - after only a few days/weeks of nightly use.

This drug has many interesting and beneficial effects overall w/o a doubt. However, the negative effects are quite restrictive with using this med unfortunately...
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Thread Information