User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I never used choline bitartrate as a choline supplement. I have tried CDP choline and lecithin and I like them.

I know there are new and better ones but I would like to know your opinion on choline bitartrate.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did CDP choline compare to lecithin?
    Remember, believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well from the research posted at nootropi's forum alpha GPC was the best. I think taking LEcethin and small amounts of @alpha-gpc would prob be more prodcuctive then taking a choline source from every step of the way. Maybe Phos-choline over lecethin, that id have to read up on.
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." - Bruce Lee

"Note the emphasis on slight and initially, which is different than huge and forever." - MD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried taking two tablespoon of choline bitartrate a day to cure ALCAR headaches.

If you have ever taken super high dose of ALCAR in empty stomach, you can recognize the particular type of headaches that ALCAR can cause. The pain begins just under one's earlobes; the sensation is similar to what you feel when you take extremely sour food in your mouth and your mouth cannot quite produce saliva quickliy enough. Under normal condition, the feeling goes away some time after ALCAR administration. However, sometimes, the pain can really intensify.

For me at least, the pain always went away when I took super high dose of choline. Of course, these days, I always take some form of choline, so that I don't get headaches in the first place.

BTW, I think ecdy can also aggravate the choline depletion.

----------

One funny thing: if you take too much choline bitartrate, your body cannot process all of it. Some unprocessed portion will be emitted through the skin. It exudes fish-like odor.

My wife complained a lot; as soon as I stopped taking it, the smell went away. Now I use lecithin.
    No one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlex' date='Jan 22 2005, 07:59 PM
    I think taking LEcethin and small amounts of @alpha-gpc would prob be more prodcuctive then taking a choline source from every step of the way.

I'm about to shift part of stack from Choline/Centrophenxine to Lecithin/Alpha-GPC

I was only taking small amounts of Centrophenxine, and shall only be taking small amounts of Alpha-GPC, because of expense.

( Lecithin is very cheap, though, ( and tastes nice ). )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcyber' date='Jan 23 2005, 06:15 AM
    I tried taking two tablespoon of choline bitartrate a day to cure ALCAR headaches.*

If you have ever taken super high dose of ALCAR in empty stomach, you can recognize the particular type of headaches that ALCAR can cause.* The pain begins just under one's earlobes; the sensation is similar to what you feel when you take extremely sour food in your mouth and your mouth cannot quite produce saliva quickliy enough.* Under normal condition, the feeling goes away some time after ALCAR administration.* However, sometimes, the pain can really intensify.

For me at least, the pain always went away when I took super high dose of choline.*

I've never taken a super high dose of ALCAR, and probably wouldn't, but I have previously experienced a slight tense headache with ALCAR, enough that I noticed it.

I found that upping the choline/piracteam intake a bit, fixed the headache completely.

Thread Information