User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What might some of you suggest as a good nootropic stack for someone who has been diagnosed with ADD?

And also what have some of you found to be the best to boost energy? And so on.

Thank you for any response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried a bunch of different stuff to help me focus at school, the best stack i have found (other than diet modifications)

2g L-Tyrosine

1g ALCAR

1g Chocomine

The chocomine is more for energy, but this stack is really nice for focus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just sent this to someone in a PM who was asking me what I take to help with my ADD, so I'll repaste for you:

Sure, this is what I am taking right now (I make a 10 day dose each time I mix up my pills... so I do tweak this each time depending on how things feel.) I also starting taking these in August and only last month sometime did I start to *really* feel the haze lift. Before that sometimes it helped, sometimes things were as foggy as ever. It just takes time to reach the "critical mass" of chems in your brain to really help. However I also sometimes would be remiss in making my next batch of pills after I'd run out and would have a few days with nothing and would REALLY notice a difference when I started taking them again. Things are just waaaay better now.

Broken up into 3 doses a day:

250mg pyritinol

200mg pikamilon

15mg vinpocetine

700mg centrophenoxine (lucidril)

1100mg aniracetam

1.2g acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR)

600mg piracetam

3g vitamin C

bunch of other miscellaneous vitamins in multivitamin

Taken once a day:

B-100 vitamin(100mg each of - B1, B2, niacin, B6, B12, pantothenic acid, paba, inositol, coline bitartrate)

I'm also looking to add L-tyrosine, DLPA and sublutiamine shortly.

Anyway -- goodluck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1100mg aniracetam

600mg piracetam

Interesting ratio. Do you find that aniracetam is more effective in higher doses, and conversely piracetam is sufficiently stimulating (for lack of a better word) at that lower dosage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, the majority of the nootropics are only going to be effective in certain ADHD personalities, because most of them focus on NMDA and acetylcholine. If you're the type of person who received substantial relief from ADHD symtpoms with psychostimulants, DLPA, Tyrosine, Chocamine and ALCAR are all great, but you definitely need to keep dosing them throughout the day. Deprenyl can be used to prolong the effects of DLPA, tyrosine and chocamine, and will have some efficacy in itself.

I think tyramine has some great properties as well as yohimbine/alpha-yohimbine. Tyramine is more of a nootropic due to its action as an "enhancer substance".

Several people have mentioned before that the HEAT stack is good for concentration and focus, and I definitely agree. How much of an effect the evodiamine and hordenine add, I don't know....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen studies using Deprenyl and Piracetam for this. As far as nootropics are concerned, Pyritinol at 200-1000mg per day has been deemed as one of the more effective treatments available.
    “When mental energy is allowed to follow the line of least resistance and to fall into easy channels, it is called weakness” -James Allen

"That by which a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved." 2 Peter 2:19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the input. I am fairly new to nootropics or any of the other supplements. The traditional treatment off ADD (stimulant medication) has not been very effective for me. So I have finally decided to research alternatives for myself. I asked my doctor about his view on any other supplements and nootropics, he was not very helpful as he knows nothing of them.

Anyways thank you for the input. I am currently using a stack of Piracetam Powder and choline, I have not been able to purchase other items as of yet (I am on the student budget). I have noticed some change, but I do understand that there is never going to be a magic bullet and then everything I want will come to me! The only thing that I still have problems with is keeping a long sustained concentration, which as I am in school is needed when I have to read long papers or even write them. Well again thank you all for your input as it has helped me on my research. And of course any other suggestions are always welcomed.

Thank you.

Thread Information