User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Both these GABA chemical, Gabatropin and Gabapentin are active at about the same dose .5-3g and both describe unusual effects.

Has anyone tried both to compare?

People talk of talking a couple Neurontin and going out to drink and here I see the same for Phenibut on these forums.

Neurontin is helpful for mood, anxiety, and sleep, or so I hear, and people say the same things about Phenibut.

Both apparently affect corrdination and produce dizzyness in higher doses.

How similar are these chemicals?

Which do you prefer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am taking Gabapentin, and have tried Phenibut and l-Theanine.

Gabapentin takes a while to start working - ie to feel it, whilst Phenibut/l-Theanine have almost like a recreational value due to fast onset of its anxiolytic effects. I can't really say that there is a synergy between the compounds (Gabapentin and Phenibut), but if you have been taking Neurontin for a while you might get away with a smaller dosage of Phenibut, esp combined with l-Theanine, and maybe magnesium and taurine.

I have found Gabapentin to be a very specific anxyolytic - it eliminates excitation without really affecting your focus, hand-eye coordination, etc. Combining with higher dosages of Phenibut produced almost benzo/pyridine-like effects - dizziness, anomic aphasia, haze, feeling of spacial dissociation - good for 'trip' bad for social interactions/activities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...Gabapentin takes a while to start working - ie to feel it, whilst Phenibut/l-Theanine have almost like a recreational value due to fast onset of its anxiolytic effects..."

The above is similar in my experiences of comparing and contrasting the effects after using both substances. I could not handle Gabapentin more than ~4 weeks even while using quite low doses due to the ataxia, tingling/numb feelings, and vision problems that I experienced while using Gabapentin...

I really think overall the 2 in question are much less alike in subjective effects than one would expect them to be...
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that Neurontin potentiates alcohol (as does phenibut), but I've never gone over 400 mg in a single dose of Neurontin. I've noticed some very mild cumulative effects from Neurontin at 600 mg per day, but not enough to justify continuous use of it. On the other hand Phenibut gives me much more noticable effects at around 1.2 - 1.5 grams taken no more than once or twice a week. The problem with Phenibut is that you cannot take it continuously. I've never taken both phenibut and Neurontin simultaneously nor do I think it would be wise to do so. I never really considered taking Neurontin in a higher dose, since I was just following my doctors advice about it. I'm not really to keen on the Neurontin for anxiety, but since I've got a bottle lying around I might as well see how a higher dose works out. The only side effect I noticed with Neurontin was it seemed to give me some random small shakes/tremors a little more so than usual. Nothing that serious, but it had me wondering if it might make it worse with long term use.
    Just because I do not want something to happen -- does not mean that I need to fear it.

Anxiety is just a tool that one uses in times of uncertainty. There are many other tools readily available that one would be better off learning to use.

What is the greatness of man -- other than unjust classifications and imbalanced optimizations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I now need to reconsider Neurontin. I took 600 mg last night and 1 gram this morning (seven hours later) ... and it definitely kicked in. I've had a good happy buzz all day. This is definitely a social promoting effect. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I have been rather flirty with several girls regardless of attractiveness. This is probably too high of a dose because I stumbled a couple times as I was going up the stairs, and I have become a little absent minded at times. Neurontin is definitely something I'm going to look into further.
    Just because I do not want something to happen -- does not mean that I need to fear it.

Anxiety is just a tool that one uses in times of uncertainty. There are many other tools readily available that one would be better off learning to use.

What is the greatness of man -- other than unjust classifications and imbalanced optimizations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergoman500' date='Sep 24 2004, 11:11 PM
    "...Gabapentin takes a while to start working - ie to feel it, whilst Phenibut/l-Theanine have almost like a recreational value due to fast onset of its anxiolytic effects..."

The above is similar in my experiences of comparing and contrasting the effects after using both substances. I could not handle Gabapentin more than ~4 weeks even while using quite low doses due to the ataxia, tingling/numb feelings, and vision problems that I experienced while using Gabapentin...

I really think overall the 2 in question are much less alike in subjective effects than one would expect them to be...
    IMO they are not alike subjectively in the least.--At least not when comparing them mg/mg. My personal experience has been that the anti-convulsant effects of neurontinin are far stronger than those of the benzodiazepines (and also phenibut) while the hypnotic effects are much less pronounced. In terms of anxiolytic effects, neurontinin is definitely more of a "detaching" drug for me than a uephoria-inducing drug--like I'm still controlling my body but separate from it. I think that particular aspect of it is probably what is more commonly referred to as its anaesthetic effect. All in all, I personally like neurontinin much better than phenibut because I feel much less groggy the next day; still, it is not something I woudl want to be taking for more than several days at a time.

Thread Information