User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My front delts are becoming extremely over developed. Does anyone have any tips for taking away stress from the front?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your primary chest exercises?
    Genomyx....Evolution in Action.

"Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~D Sade

Lesson # 1 - You will never yield an honest crop by planting stolen seeds.
    Lesson # 2 - Integrity and rationality require a constant, lifelong effort. There are no time-outs from thought.
    Lesson # 3 - The hardest lessons burn and grind into your memory forever. You only have ONE chance to stand up for what you believe at any moment. Make sure you always do.
    Lesson # 4 - There is no such thing as a safe environment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blinded, we hurl ourselves into impossible division...Spirits crumbled and sprinkled into flesh." ~D Sade
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hail to the monkey with the missing tail...this lousy edifice - just a wishing wail" ~D Sade
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "That's right, asshole - I am stronger than I've ever been.
    Paltry death cannot hold me for long.
    Can it be that I am stronger, even, than...me?" ~D Sade, written to Bizarro D Sade
    -------------------------------------------
    In Ferrum Veritas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were incline db press... now switching to flat db

Weighted dips

Cable Xovers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps change one of your pressing movements to a flye-type movement (thinking more of dumbbell flyes, rather than the crossovers)?
    Genomyx....Evolution in Action.

"Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~D Sade

Lesson # 1 - You will never yield an honest crop by planting stolen seeds.
    Lesson # 2 - Integrity and rationality require a constant, lifelong effort. There are no time-outs from thought.
    Lesson # 3 - The hardest lessons burn and grind into your memory forever. You only have ONE chance to stand up for what you believe at any moment. Make sure you always do.
    Lesson # 4 - There is no such thing as a safe environment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blinded, we hurl ourselves into impossible division...Spirits crumbled and sprinkled into flesh." ~D Sade
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hail to the monkey with the missing tail...this lousy edifice - just a wishing wail" ~D Sade
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "That's right, asshole - I am stronger than I've ever been.
    Paltry death cannot hold me for long.
    Can it be that I am stronger, even, than...me?" ~D Sade, written to Bizarro D Sade
    -------------------------------------------
    In Ferrum Veritas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK031' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:24 PM
    Were incline db press... now switching to flat db

Weighted dips

Cable Xovers
    Some/most gym incline benches are at a fixed ~45deg. This is too steep an angle and incorporates much front delt. Now that I use a lower angle 25-30deg I get more pec and less delt when incline pressing.

just my experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had the same problem and dropped all overhead pressing in favor of lateral raises and bent over laterals and my shoulders are becoming much more balanced now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Depending on how "over-developed" your frontal deltoids are, I would drop both incline and flat pressing movements - (including dips) - for a few months and focus on 3 key exercises ---> 1-Standing Dumbbell Bent Laterals and --> 2-Seated -Behind the neck presses - with a Smith machine occasionally if possible. Lower the bar with hands a good 4-6 inches Wider than shoulder width apart. When lowering the bar, pause a couple inches just above the top of your ears, and w/o bouncing, lift the bar/barbbell and hold it with elbows un-locked - directly above your head.....then repeat....---> 3- Also light weight behind-the-neck lat-pulldowns/palms away wide-grip pullups - or some cable work that stimulates the same area...

Generally speaking, a good rule of thumb IMO - is to not allow your best for 6-8 reps for flat bench GREATLY exceed how much you can barbbell bent-over-row for the same weight and reps...

Some ppl can do these exercises without any pain/problems or preparation - while some experience pain/injury when trying these movements...Light weight is advised!

Personally, I would not exceed 10-12 sets of direct shoulder-work/workout anymore than twice/week...
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergoman500' date='Jul 28 2004, 05:00 PM
    - Depending on how "over-developed" your frontal deltoids are, I would drop both incline and flat pressing movements - (including dips) - for a few months and focus on 3 key exercises ---> 1-Standing Dumbbell Bent Laterals and --> 2-Seated -Behind the neck presses - with a Smith machine occasionally if possible. Lower the bar with hands a good 4-6 inches Wider than shoulder width apart. When lowering the bar, pause a couple inches just above the top of your ears, and w/o bouncing, lift the bar/barbbell and hold it with elbows un-locked - directly above your head.....then repeat....---> 3- Also light weight behind-the-neck lat-pulldowns/palms away wide-grip pullups - or some cable work that stimulates the same area...

Generally speaking, a good rule of thumb IMO - is to not allow your best for 6-8 reps for flat bench GREATLY exceed how much you can barbbell bent-over-row for the same weight and reps...

Some ppl can do these exercises without any pain/problems or preparation - while some experience pain/injury when trying these movements...Light weight is advised!

Personally, I would not exceed 10-12 sets of direct shoulder-work/workout anymore than twice/week...
    In the 70's many of our routines concentrated on a lot of pressing movements with the result of very substantial front delt development which as non bodybuilders we liked. Our balancing exercises (wrestlers have to be balanced in the upper body) we did heavy single dumbell pullovers from the bridge position, slight lean upright rows and one arm bentover rows attempting to hold the weight away from the body. As these are multijoint exercises they pack on mass rapidly and protect the rotator cuff.

Board Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b5150' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:08 PM
    [quote name='KevinK031' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:24 PM'] Were incline db press... now switching to flat db

Weighted dips

Cable Xovers
    Some/most gym incline benches are at a fixed ~45deg. This is too steep an angle and incorporates much front delt. Now that I use a lower angle 25-30deg I get more pec and less delt when incline pressing.

just my experience. [/quote]

This is important. So is pulling your shoulders back when doing presses so that the emphasis is put on the chest.

Lastly, consider that your front delts are not overdeveloped; rather your side and rear delts are under developed.

Focus on lateral raises and upright rows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

decline bench press reduces deltoid involvement compared to flat or incline

Thread Information